Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

• I am transferring about 2 terabytes of movies, software and data from another computer to my new server which has raid one setup on it so I am guessing that's it. Been running hard for a few of hours. This is on a dual core system with a low power I3-2120T processor.

• Got these two messages and just curious of there meaning. Thanks Resource limit succeeded Service omvserver.local Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:03:08 Action:alert Host:omvserver.local Description: 'omvserver.local' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.8] Resource limit matched Service omvserver.local Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01:37 Action:alert Host:omvserver.local Description: loadavg(5min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(5min)>4.0]

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Can't believe I am back. I have 2 data disk which I have setup for raid 1 and now with new combined drive raid name I am getting errors again. Just when I thought I had things handled. I also set to recursive like you suggested but every time I go back recursive is unchecked, Is there something different in setup with raid drives. forum.openmediavault.org/index…e93e0591d4c816a7279ad776b

• Backup solution for server

porkenstein - - Plugins

I actually have my backup drive in a slot in my server rather than in an external drive. What software might work with that or I guess I could just buy an external hd case for my backup drive. I also have another server running Windows Home Server 2011. That might be my preferred way to back up. What software on omv would I use to backup to my Windows server.

• Backup solution for server

porkenstein - - Plugins

I am using UrBackup for my client backups but would also like to backup the whole server, both system and data drives on the server. Any suggestions. Thanks

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Got everything working great and all partitions imaged. Thanks so much.

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Ok thanks. Now I just looked at the backup and it just says volume C. I do just have one hard drive on my client to backup but it's in partitions of c, d, e, f, and g for separtion of photos, downloads etc. The fact that it just says volume c does that mean it only backed up c partition or the complete c windows drive?

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Thank you Thank you Thank you for sticking with me. It's finally working and things are becoming clearer. I don't leave my server on all the time as it's mainly just when I want to either backup client or access Plex Media. for watching movies. Will it automatically backup when ever I start the server or is there just a manual way to backup client like I have done in the past just using Acronis?

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Ok I am almost there. I finally figured out the right directory and now I get the following message. How can I fix this. Thanks in advance. The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in 'Settings' or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory. (err_cannot_create_subdir). Permission denied (code: 13)

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

I have another computer that I set back up with windows home server so I have backup. I will still struggle along and see if I can figure this out. It's frustrating as I worked almost my whole career with computers. I am almost 70 now and definitely have lost the patience i use to have. Done so much reading and google searching to figure things out. Oh well still at it.

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Never mind. I am finally done with this. I am guessing I have to do it again through the command line. I don't normally give up this easily but this just isn't worth the trouble. I see why so many use windows. I do really appreciate your effort but it's just too frustrating for me. Again Thanks.

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

Thanks for the guidance but getting nowhere. My drive sda1 from what I understand. The share is UrBackup. Still so confused. Can you type out exactly what the setting should be in the setup for my circumstance.

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

This is the message I get Cannot access /dev/sdb1/UrBackup. Not a directory (code: 20) I set the backup location to /dev/sdb1/UrBackup so I really need to read more but have been reading andsearching for a couple of days. Will keep working. sdb1 is my larger drive and I made the share UrBackup. I am so confused.

• UrBackup location

porkenstein - - Plugins

I'm back. I have installed UrBackup but it is backing up to my system drive rather than my second drive that I store backups. Unfortunately I now just enough to get in trouble. I have 2 drives and have created a share on the second drive for my backups but not sure how to fill in the backup path location. Hope that makes sense. This is the default path that is putting backups on the system drive " /media/BACKUP/urbackup" Just need to figure out the path to put on my large drive.

• Plex Media Server Install help

porkenstein - - Plugins

Just an update. Got Plex running and configured and have added a couple of movies and can access through my smart tv so all is good. Two days of struggling. Just remember I am just a dumb windoze user for 20 years and this is so much different but lots of fun when I finally have some success.

porkenstein - - Plugins

I feel like such a dumb ass. I see omv extras under general settings. When I click on it I see plex which I have enabled by the little green switch. Past that I am confused. I thought after that plex would show up in the services section but nothing there. Never mind I think I have it. will report back later. Maybe I will eventually figure this out. Thanks to all for their advice.

porkenstein - - Plugins

Yea. Set to 8.8.8.8 and what do you know. Installed omv extras. Then installed plex but have no idea from there as I don't see it. Lots to learn. Definitely not Windoze.

porkenstein - - Plugins

I have my local router address 192.168.1.1 I can try googles and see if that helps

porkenstein - - Plugins

Tried again through the console. I know I typed it exactly like instruction and I get the message "unable to resolve host address omv-extras.org. I guess the computer gods are against me.

porkenstein - - Plugins

Gave up. Have used whs v1 and whs 2011 for many years and it has never failed. I guess I don't have the skills for linux. Oh well. As long as I can back up and have plex media server I am happy but hate to be defeated