Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 290.

• Backup solution for server

macom - - Plugins

With OMV comes "usbbackup". When this plug-in is enabled and configured it will copy all shared folders you have configured to an external USB drive when this drive is plugged in. After the files are copied the external USB drive is unmounted and it is safe to remove the drive. Amother sollution is to make a backup to the cloud. For example using Crashplan. Or you backup your data to another small (cheap) server running OMV (like based on BananaPi or another ARM powered device) using rsync which…

• Quote from penetratore: “Cloud Commander could be a solution but is there a manual how to instal it under OMV? ” Don't think so. But OMV is based on Debian, so you can install it from the CLI using the instructions for Debian. Quote from Wolf2000: “Maybe that fits Midnight Commander for Windows: ” I think he is looking for something where you can copy NAS --> NAS without having Windows involved. I assume with MC for Windows you would copy NAS --> Windows --> NAS. Same as for FileZille and WinSCP…

• Have a look here

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

It should have backup only C. You can add the other partitions in the GUI of UrBackup: Settings - General - Image Backups - Volumes to Backup. You can write C,D,E,... or just ALL. Note that there is Image Backup and File Backup.

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

Perfect!!! Regarding backups: both is possible. Have you installed the client software of UrBackup on the Windows client? In the GUI of UrBackup you can specify to make a backup every 48h (or any other value). If the time has passed and server and client are online, the client will make an backup. If the client is not online (or the server is not on) it will do the backup the next time server and client are online. You can also start a backup manually from the GUI of UrBackup or from the client …

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

In the GUI of OMV go to shared folders. Highlight the folder where you want to store the backup in. Then click "ACL". A new window opens. In the window there is a section User/Group permission. Scroll down until you find "urbackup". You will actually find 2x "urbackup" one is for user the other one for group. For both tick "Read/Write". To be on the safe side also select "Recursive" in "Extra Options" by moving the slider, so that it becomes green. Click "Apply" in the window. Close the window. …

• OMV 3.x wont install properly

macom - - General

When you installed the NAS you probably used a USB stick. On the VM you used probably the ISO directly as down loaded. May be your USB stick has a problem?

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “I don't normally give up this easily but this just isn't worth the trouble. ” For sure Linux is different from Windows. So there is some initial effort to get started. But to my mind it is worth the effort. OMV and UrBackup are very nice tools which work perfectly for me. And I am by no means a linux expert.

• Kein Zugriff auf Web-GUI

macom - - General

SD Karte defekt? Hast du das flash-memory-plugin installiert und eingeschaltet?

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

Basically you can do everything which is needed to setup UrBackup from the GUI (of OMV and UrBackup). But I do not know how to get the complete path to the shared folder from the GUI. So the only part I need to do in the command line interface (CLI) is to get the path. Once you have the path you can open the GUI of UrBackup and insert the path in the server settings.

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

what do you find in /srv/? can you post what it shows if you type ls

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

You will find your drive in /srv/ (most likely) or /media/ (not so likely). For information on the directory hierarchy (which folder on root contains which information) have a look here For Linux basics I found the free tutorial on this page quite helpfull.

• UrBackup location

macom - - Plugins

Have a look here forum.openmediavault.org/index…ent-Image-Restore-Report/ down the thread flmaxey is describing how to set up the backup folder. It is important to understand for you, that in Linux the drives are mounted in a folder which is called /media/ if the drive has been added before 3.0.68 and /srv/ if it has been added later. So on a recent install the path to the backup folder looks like this /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxx/name where xxx is the label of the disk.

• Problem with Syncthing logs !?!?

macom - - Plugins

You need to find out, which folder (and finally which file) is filling your drive. Use du -hd1 to find out. Starting from the root.

• If you search, you will find a lot of threads related to this topic. Just click the "upgrade" tag below. The conclusion probably is: yes, do an upgrade if you are not experienced with linux: do a fresh install if you still want to do the upgrade: remove all plug-ins, do the upgrade; if everything is ok, install the plug-ins again; if you break something you can still make a new install make screenshots of the important parts of the GUI so you have a reference what to do during the install make s…

• Missing Data on Hard Drives

macom - - General

I have a similar issue as you mention in your second topic. I use Crashplan to have off-site backup. I noticed that in some backup reports it is mentioned that the number of files has decreased by a couple of thousends since the last report. When I check the log files from Crashplan I can see that the files have been deleted on the remote server as they were not found anymore on my local server. A couple of days later the files are showing up again in the backup report. It seems like Crashplan t…

• Backup plugin won't uninstall

macom - - Plugins

Try if clearing your browser cache solves the issue.

• Stundenangabe bei geplante Aufgaben

macom - - General

eine Möglichkeit wäre, den Job per CLI anzulegen

• Plex Media Server Install help

macom - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “when I select it to upload I noticed that it shows c:\fakepath\openmediavault ” Can you show a screenshot of this?

• Plex Media Server Install help

macom - - Plugins

see here: forum.openmediavault.org/index…fbe23e546ebffc73c9561cfe8