Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 282.

• Cannot delete

cabrio_leo - - General

Are you under OMV2? The extplorer plugin was not ported to OMV3. Under OMV2 I did some tests with extplorer. But I had exactly the same problem as you, I could not delete any file. I read a lot of documentation, created also a user, but at the end I gave up. It didn´t work. There are several other tools (MC on the command line, WinSCP from Windows) you can use for that. I am using WinSCP. You can also try to install webmin. Webmin is a web-based suite for system administration, quite powerfull -…

• Part 3: Configure autoshutdown-plugin to detect the lockfile In the 'Expert Settings' of the autoshutdown-plugin the 'plugincheck' has to be activated. 1. Create a so-called plugin file in /etc/autoshutdown.d In this folder there are still several examples. I have used 'autounrarstatus" as a template to detect the lockfile with the content 'ZFS has started a action!'. I named the copied file 'scrub.datapool". The name is not relevant, only the content of the file. Three lines are important: fold…

• Part 2: Modify 'scrub.start-notify.sh' and 'scrub.finish-notify.sh' to handle a lockfile 1. Modifications on 'scrub.start-notify.sh' - This file was derived from 'scrub.start-notify.sh'. Therefore all strings "resilver.finish" and "scrub.finish" were replaced by "resilver.start" and "scrub.start" - Add some lines of code which creates a lockfile in /tmp according to the file name pattern '<ZEVENT>.<poolname>' eg. 'scrub.start.datapool' 2. Modifications on 'scrub.finish-notify.sh' - Add some line…

• Ok, I did it! Now there is no more autoshutdown, while a ZFS scrub is running. It is based on the ZED (ZFS event daemon). Therefore I will write a small Howto with my installation notes. Some documentation: - Anyone managed to get ZFS Event Daemon up and running? - zed man page - The ZFS Event Daemon on Linux - Louwrentius - List of zfs-events Approach: Create a lockfile by zed while a ZFS scrub is running. Use autoshutdown-plugin 'plugincheck'-option to detect the lockfile and prevent shutdown.…

• RAID1 disapear after reboot

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from jodumont: “but I decided to backup all my data ” At least you still have your data That is not to be taken for granted. I don´t use mdadm, so I can´t give you more helpful information in your case regrettably.

• communication failure

cabrio_leo - - General

There is already a bugtracker entry but no response from the developer. I assume a quick solution is not to be expected.

• RAID1 disapear after reboot

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from cabrio_leo: “There are several similar threads in this forum. A short search for 'mdadm' or "Raid missing" should deliver some relevant hits. E.g. this link could be helpful: RAID-5-Missing-need-help-for-rebuild ”

• Backup solution for server

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Thanks @macom for your overview of the several possibilites to backup a server. Please let me make some additions. Quote from macom: “it will copy all shared folders you have configured to an external USB drive when this drive is plugged in. ” For usbbackup it is also possible to use eSATA or hot pluggable SATA drives. This is what I use for data backup of my server (several USB- and eSATA drives). Quote from macom: “For the system drive the only good solution (in my view) is to make a copy of t…

• remote mount - offline shares

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Meanwhile there are several reasons which leads to this 'communication error'. But particularly frequent in the 'file system' section (disks in standby, ZFS scrub, use of remote mount plugin while the remote host is not available....). For me this is a conceptual thing. I am surprised that there is no comment from the developer @votdev. I would be interested to know, whether it is inteded to change anything or not? Otherwise I am quite sure we get this kind of posts also in the future.

• Quote from hoppel118: “Did you change something else? ” No, now I am back on the default configuration. Before I was just about to connect all data disks to the INTEL controller, as you have recommended. But the Node 304 case is quite small and there is only little space to move. It was difficult to accomodate all cables then, because the connectors are partially covered. I would prefer not to change my hardware setup frankly. But I did a short test with modified spin up settings for the two dis…

• Quote from SimonW500: “the NUT plugin errors on installation, ” In my experience, there are no errors on installation when the UPS is connected to the OMV system. My first attempt was without a connection and I also got errors while pushing the 'Save'-button. Quote from SimonW500: “With monitoring temporarily re-enabled, ” Do you mean 'Remote monitoring' in the control panel? Quote from SimonW500: “What I don't yet know is whether the NUT plugin will actually work with monitoring disabled: ” If …

• Quote from hoppel118: “I don't think that it is possible for ZoL to control the spin up. ” @hoppel118 I think you are **sooooo** right! And I was so mistaken! There is no staggered disk spin up in my setup! I did some further investigations. It took some time to detect that this staggered disk spin up only happens when I go to 'Storage -> File Systems' in the WebUI. Then the disks start one after another from standby mode. When the disks are in standby and I press <F5> in order to refresh a Samb…

• Quote from ArmandH: “Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; ls -la /dev/disk/by-id | grep 'sda$'' with exit code '1': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(395): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(135): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec('ls -la /dev/dis...', Array, 1)#2 /usr/share/open…

• Quote from ArmandH: “Another question what would be the best choice for 4 disks and being safe for 2 disks failures i don't care loosing space using now RAID10 ” Yes, that gives a good performance and less time for resilvering because the data is more or less copied from the other disks and need not to be recalculated out of parity information.

• Quote from ArmandH: “zpool create data ” I you are using disks with 4k sectors you should create your pool with the ashift option to get correct sector alignment: zpool create -o ashift=12 data.... You have to do this when you create your pool. You can´t change it later (as far as I know).

• Kein Zugriff auf Web-GUI

cabrio_leo - - General

In der Konsole kann man mittels omv-firstaid ein Menü aufrufen, worüber man das Passwort für das WebUI neu festlegen kann.

• Plex Media Server Install help

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “"unable to resolve host address omv-extras.org. ” Please check if you have configured a DNS server in the network settings. If not try 8.8.8.8 or your local router address.

• Stundenangabe bei geplante Aufgaben

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from Mister XY: “Nur ist es schade, dass es keine Möglichkeit gibt, wie ich via webinterface die endzeit einstellen kann. ” Du kannst über bugtracker.openmediavault.org einen Feature Request bei Volker einstellen.

• Plex Media Server Install help

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “c:\fakepath\openmediavault etc etc ” You have to select the downloaded omv-extrasorg package on your PC here. 'C:\....' is a path on a machine with MS OS.

• Quote from hoppel118: “I disabled the spin down of my ZoL disks with idle3tools for western digital disks: ” Hallo @hoppel118, I am a little bit irritated what you are writing about the WD idle 3 tool. I know this tool in order to change the behavior of the 'IntelliPark'-feature, where the disk heads are parked on the landing zone, when there is no disk access a certain time. On 'green' WD drives the default value is 8 seconds. Under certain conditions this can lead to an enormeous increase of t…