Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

• Raspbian Stretch is released

drinks2go - - Off-Topic

Raspbian stretch was released four days ago. Although it is not possible to upgrade running omv 3.x , it is probably a good idea if you're running a headless server for other reasons. There is a patch for the "broadpwn" vulnerability in the wifi firmware. Quote from Raspberry Pi Foundation: “A couple of months ago, a vulnerability was discovered in the firmware of the BCM43xx wireless chipset which is used on Pi 3 and Pi Zero W; this potentially allows an attacker to take over the chip and execu…

• sticked at the top of this forum: Hide Shared Folders that a User can't access (workaround for access based share enum)

• OMV 3 on RPI 3 - Stunned!

drinks2go - - My NAS Build

ahhh I hadn't considered this. I just use a little rpi/3 running LibreELEC for an htpc (native nfs support) otherwise all my devices are set up to use SMB (oddly Mint seems to support smb out of the box but not nfs). Thanks for the info!

• failing that sudo service ntp status may give you some kind of useful information, else you can see if you get anything useful from sudo cat /var/log/syslog | grep ntp

• openmediavault-webgui_acces.log

drinks2go - - General

OOPS scratch that. nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/logging-and-monitoring/ You can do conditional logging. Not sure if it's supported with the version of nginx OMV 3.x uses though.

drinks2go - - General

nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_log_module.html As you can see from the nginx documentation, what you are asking is simply not possible. This is a completely normal byproduct of the monit program monitoring various services on the computer. It is not ideal to change the rate at which monit checks, nor is it ideal to disable the checking on nginx, as it can lead to situations where you'll need to ssh into your box and restart nginx manually. As has been said, and without sounding rude, it seems u…

• Beginners questions

drinks2go - - General

labels are used to keep device naming persistent. It woudn't be very nice if you made a hardware change and suddenly /dev/sda1 became /dev/sb1 would it?

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

drinks2go - - General

mariadb is generally regarded to be a significantly more lightweight and performant option than mysql, it is also not an oracle product. as a drop-in replacement for mysql you ought to see a slight performance gain. Whether or not it will be perceptible to an end user is pretty questionable, but your machine should be happier.

drinks2go - - General

nginx plugin is for hosting additional webpages on your OMV installation, but you are correct nginx is running on your installation without the plugin. I wouldn't worry about reducing the log. You can either log access or not. It is better to do so, as it will give you some information for debugging/troubleshooting if there are other issues. If it is not broken- do not fix it.

• Is this a bug in monit or OMV?

drinks2go - - General

I've discovered something which appears to be reproducible across a clean installation... I suspect it's a bug in monit actually, but I'm not entirely sure. Initially I thought I borked my configuration badly, as monit was unable to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1:443 which causes the daemon to restart nginx constantly, flooding the syslog. So I did a clean installation, reproduced my configuration by hand and... in fact, I have discovered that creating a 512b length RSA key for your OMV cer…

• Time doesn't stay updated

drinks2go - - General

sudo service ntp status If you ssh into your box and run this you might get some kind of a hint. Can also tail -150 /var/log/syslog to see if there's anything informative in there? I assume you're using pool.ntp.org?

• Login on client fails

drinks2go - - General

I will try to describe the steps for you, just in case; You must make users. (I believe you have done this) You must make shared folders within the GUI. (?) You must add those shared folders to each service you wish to enable (ftp, smb/cifs-> which is what I think you mean by "click the drive", nfs, etc). You must ensure your users have permissions to read or read/write to the shared folders. __________________ I just want to ensure you haven't missed any of these steps! Sounds like smb/cifs is …

• Login on client fails

drinks2go - - General

you went through the installation as planned- did you create shared folders? did you enable smb/cifs or nfs or ftp? did you add your shared folders as shares to smb/cifs or nfs or ftp?

• Writing this thread, I had forgotten there was a 4GB eMMC included on the SoC. So today I have decided to switch from the usb-boot method to install on the eMMC and see how that goes. It is only 3.36 GB available with 1.29 GB used post installation, therefore I will need to make a configuration to rotate logfiles out of /var/ and into my data disk. Hopefully this will allow me to use the eMMC until it dies with this installation, provided there aren't any problems. I think it is a pretty slow eM…

• Quote from flmaxey: “as if it's spelled aIminium” I was surprised to find this is a valid spelling, and I think it's more common in commonwealth countries, hence the fancy pronunciation. Curious how come you don't just endeavour to set up smb/cifs and rsync on rasbian instead of via omv? Seems a little overkill to just rsync?

• Hey, so although I posted a thread some time ago asking about this, I finished building it and have been tinkering with it for the past few months. I thought I would share some pictures, and my experience thus far. Cost: This box itself I picked up on sale for $90 CAD. I had confirmed working ram (4GB Crucial) sitting in my drawer at home, and the CAT6 cable and Seagate Firecuda 2.5" 1TB SSHD were about $110 CAD together. For 30 dollars I purchased an MLC USB drive with good reviews and decent a…

• Just in case you haven't had coffee yet today, chmod u+x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/interfaces.d/99myface (make sure the file is executable before running omv-mkconf interfaces if you're having troubles)

• for what it's worth you can pick what you're booting from with virtually any BIOS I've come across... that most likely would have solved your problem. I also don't think it's necessary to use a usb 3.0 port for the OS usb drive, I have just switched from 3.0 to 2.0 and notice virtually no difference when doing things like apt-get update. Don't forget to install the omv-extras and get the flash memory plugin running.

• OpenVPN Client when OMV Starts

drinks2go - - Network

Did you check out the autostart variable in the config? See here: askubuntu.com/questions/464264…ent-automatically-at-boot

• OK I think 0.0.0.0 should be correct. You did good there. This is a bit of a sticky situation because I'm not familiar with the OMV mysql plugin- I use trakt.tv personally to keep all my tv/movies "scrobbled." Source Code (3 lines) cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-en…ysql-database-server.html Also ensure the port is not blocked by OMV firewall.