Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 627.

• Safe Conversion from FreeNAS?

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from wheaton4prez: “Got it. Yes. I've had USB drives running FreeNAS go bad. But, it was easy to restore the OS from a config file that I was backing up automatically via cron. Does OMV use a config file like that? In other words, can I back up the OS config and quickly restore everything on a new drive/install if necessary by importing the config? ” No, OMV do not use a config file like FreeNAS or N4F to restore all your config, you need to do a new install and configure services by hand …

• DLNa Servers not viewing contents

raulfg3 - - General

try changing MiniDLNA port to 8201 and Root Container to browse. change name too: Do not use "space or ":", eg: MiniOMV or VideoDLNA

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from wheaton4prez: “Are you able to access your ZFS NAS with your OMV NAS? If so, what is the process for that? That might be a best of both worlds solution. ” Yes, I can mount ZFS shares on my OMV ( NFS Shares or SMB Shares of my ZFS pool can be mounted on OMV )

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from wheaton4prez: “Hello. 1. Is the hardware suitable for FreeNAS generally suitable for OMV? YES. 2. Is OMV more or less demanding of the hardware in terms of RAM, CPU requirements? Less 3. I see that there is a plug-in that allows running OMV from a USB. Does that mean that it can be run exclusively from USB, leaving the data storage completely untouched by the OS? Or, does it have to be installed onto the storage drives first and then set up with a plug-in that utilizes the USB? OMV Re…

• Everything is renamed in .jpeg

raulfg3 - - General

check if you have plex in any place pointing to your shares.

• Installation

raulfg3 - - General

several options, please read about and choose best for you: 1 - VPN 2 - Owncloud or nextCloud 3 - webDAV plugin 4 - SFTP etc....

• The problem is simple I use the webdav Plugin and works fine, but I need to change the only data disk for one bigger, so I need to disable services that use shared folders to finally can dismount Data Disk. with other plugin like TFTP I can select none as shared folder to avoid have a reference folder that implies not dismount data disk, but actual implementation of webdav can not permit to use this "none" folder, so I need to de-install to change the disk and then reinstall webDAV and configure…

• you need to format partition first to mount on webGUI.

• Cannot delete File Systems

raulfg3 - - General

same question answered here: How to remove referenced disks?

• How to remove referenced disks?

raulfg3 - - General

no dependencies, I do several times when change mainboard or Disk.

• this torrent tab is for old OMV 2.0 plugin, now you need to open a new tab in your wrobser or use Transmission RemoteGUI

• none, actual plugging do not have torrent tab. you must to conect in a new IE tab like NASIP:port or use some of the GUI's like : sourceforge.net/projects/transgui/ PD : to revert to old OMV GUI see: New OMV UI

• How to remove referenced disks?

raulfg3 - - General

delete disk on fstab and config.xml and reboot. PD: Full path is: /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and /etc/fstab But because is a manual intervention, be carefull do not delete other information otherwise OMV can fail.

• use shell for manual copy or use Rsync pluging to automated copy, once copied sucessfully , you can delete files or format NTFS drive as ext4.

• I'm very happy (works fine) with my pihole install on OMV: [HOWTO] Install Pi-Hole With Drinks2go help you can configure to use other IP/NIC dedicate to pihole.

• WebUI Loginscreen loading

raulfg3 - - General

from shell try omv-firstaid

• search your mounts on /srv is the new place for shares ( not /media , not /mnt)

• NO , you only need something like myDDNS.DDNS.org/webdav to acess your shared folder

• I use webdav pluging to share my photos with my brother, only need to install WebDAv pluging, share the folder that contain desired photos and share the apropiate URL to your father of course a user/password is needed (create a new user/password for your father and apply apropiate permission to your share folder so the new user can access it).

• Minidlna

raulfg3 - - General

what disk is show? 2TB DIsk=ST2000LM005_HN-M201AAD_H1823H462ADO7P-part1 or ST2000LM005_HN-M201AAD_H3743H46AAJNP6-part1/Movie but really must work unless whaen atach USB Disk do not preserve dev-disk-by-id-ata-xxxxxxx and use other, please check it