Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 343.

• Sorry, it should be '/etc/fstab' : '/proc/mounts' at the end. So just swap them.

• Just execute systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service.

• I think I know what the problem is and a downgrade won't help. I have a possible fix committed locally but rather know if it's working before pushing it. Can you check if it works if you change line 108 in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc from $mountsFile = strpos($fsname, DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR) !== false ? '/etc/fstab' : '/proc/mounts'; to $mountsFile = strpos($fsname, DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR) === 0 ? '/proc/mounts' : '/etc/fstab';

• Unionfilesystem Plugin

HK-47 - - Plugins

Quote from kaufhauslicht: “correct. For my data I am using a single partition (data) and share it as a samba folder. My huge tv-show collection is spreaded over 3 partitions and merged together as one share (serien) but I can't access this folder via samba.” It may be that you've got mismatching permissions on the different branches. Try using the mergerfs.fsck tool from here.

• No access to Abandoned plugins Thread ?

HK-47 - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “Quote from Val532: “I thought there was a list of plug-in that will cancel.” well it derived on that also, and yes a big bunch of plugins will not make it to 3. we can ask @HK-47 if he wants to move it out of the dev section” That's my mistake. I thought it would be visible in both sections. I never noticed. Since that thread has gone off-topic by a lot it would probably be for the best to split most of the messages into something like "OMV 3.0 beta preparations. I don't k…

• Weird Union Filesystem problem

HK-47 - - General

It was a bug that I fixed yesterday, though the fix hasn't been packaged yet. Either build the plugin from git or wait for an update.

• Abandoned plugins

HK-47 - - Plugins

Due to the lack of motivation - and the time required to maintain over 13 plugins - I have decided to abandon the plugins I don't use myself. If anyone feels up for the task to maintain any them feel free to take over the mantle. Pull requests on Github are also welcome. The plugins that are affected are the following:- openmediavault-cups - openmediavault-virtualbox - openmediavault-webdav Currently they all work with OMV 3.0 but won't receive any further updates by me. Regards

• When will OMV3 be ready

HK-47 - - General

Quote from votdev: “On the other side it is much better to be independent from a service, so a switch of the SCM service like now would not mean the loss of the bugtracker information. And as far as i see the issue tracker from GitHub is not really great, Mantis is much much better.” Here's some things to consider. - Dealing with line endings - Setting up an .gitignore file. - Setting up guidelines for issues (to make it a bit more like Mantis), and possibly set up your own labels and milestones…

HK-47 - - General

Quote from tekkb: “Quote from CvH: “devs are lazy.” So stupid. Anyone doing work on this project does not deserve to see a comment like this. How else can this be construed other than in the negative? BTW- I am not debating the merits of Github. Just saying you have bad manners.” Calm down, he has no ill intent. He's just making a broad statement that developers are lazy, and that is for the most part true. I'm lazy and most developers are most likely lazy (doing as much work as possible with as…

HK-47 - - General

Quote from comio: “Regarding the future, is there any roadmap to switch to php7? ciao luigi” There's currently no real need for OMV to switch to PHP 7.0 until it's released in Debian. If you need it and is currently running OMV 3.0 you can just enable the Dotdeb repo for Jessie and install php7.0. It's possible to have both php5 and php7.0 installed at the same time.

• VDR Plugin

HK-47 - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “@hammondb4: Did you get it to work? I have the same problem with the plugin "openmediavault-vdr 3.0.2" from the omv-extras.org repos. Source Code (4 lines) Greetings Hoppel” The core openmediavault package. There's no ETA for when it'll be released, but probably not soon. However, if you want to scan manually it isn't that difficult. Basically you run w_scan [options] > /etc/vdr/channels.conf. To find what options you need just execute w_scan -h.

• VDR Plugin

HK-47 - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “@hammondb4: Did you get it to work? I have the same problem with the plugin "openmediavault-vdr 3.0.2" from the omv-extras.org repos. Source Code (4 lines) Greetings Hoppel” That issue is because w_scan is called with the argument -o 7 which is for VDR 1.7, in Jessie that option doesn't accept that value anymore. It's fixed in the master branch but that won't be released until the next version of the openmediavault package is released.

• VDR Plugin: no usable card found

HK-47 - - Plugins

Do what you did. Disable the plugin. Scan for channels. Enable the plugin.

• MergerFS "Most Free Space" Policy issue

HK-47 - - Plugins

I can confirm it. I'm using mfs and nearly every time I rename or move a directory (over Samba at least, haven't tested locally in a while) some of the files doesn't get moved and the original directory is left behind. Source Code (29 lines) Source Code (4 lines) I'll try building the 2.12.2 version and test it. Edit: Quick tests seems promising. Can't tell for sure yet.

• VDR Plugin

HK-47 - - Plugins

I would just autoremove and purge everything that has to do with VDR and then install the plugin again. It works fine with VDR straight from Debian. It's always a good idea to backup /etc/vdr/channels.conf to avoid having to rescan your channels.

• Quote from jtodaro: “I mainly use minidlna, SMB/CIFS, Bittorrent, and SSH. It's for a 4TB home NAS.” With that few plugins I wouldn't worry. I'm maintaining BitTorrent and using it daily and it should work as far as I know. Samba and SSH should also be fine to use. I don't know the state of minidlna but @ryecoaaron probably does. If I was going to reinstall I would wait until 3.0 is stable if anything if I didn't have major issues.

• I wouldn't have upgraded either if I wasn't developing or wanted to test for real (which I wanted, so I did). But, you could stick with it depending on which plugins and services you use. I haven't noticed many issues, aside from the ones I've created myself. List the plugins and maybe we can make an assumption of how well it work. The error you've got is not a critical one and should be fixed. But I think I also executed /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot on the server and then rebo…

• You're nearly there if I'm seeing it correctly. You just need to fix this drwxrwxrw- 7 mastro users 4096 Oct 18 16:47 ... That means that /media still is missing executable rights for others. Run the two commands I gave you and see if it works after it. You don't normally want /media world writable, but that's of course up to you. Quote from mastro59: “Good to know I can copy putty session to clipboard” Don't forget to add the pasted text in code blocks; [code]your text[/code] so that it's easie…

• It's not entirely impossible that there could be corruption on your system drive, but I don't think that's the likeliest option. If you want to completely remove Transmission and the plugin and you've installed the plugin from OMV then issuing apt-get autoremove --purge openmediavault-transmissionbt should normally be enough. That will purge the plugin and all it dependencies. What I think you're seeing and the reason to why it worked before, but not now is a change with later versions of the pl…

• Your /media and /media/{uuid} directory is missing executable permissions for others. Currently Transmission can never reach directories beneath it because of it. Also, the correct permissions for /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json is 600. It used to contain the plaintext password for the webui in earlier versions of Transmission. And the permissions that was there on /etc/transmission-daemon was already correct.