Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• "Welcome to nignx" or "It works!"

• Quote from tkaiser: “What do you think? ” I could add it to omv-extras but that doesn't help with people who don't have omv-extras installed. I think it would be worth asking Volker @votdev to include it in core OMV. If he says no, then I will add it to omv-extras.

• Quote from piet: “the 4 Arrakis version is stable now ? ” It is stable for me and there is very little difference between 3.0.88 and 4.0.5 right now.

• I honestly have no idea what state the removed drives will be in. Never replaced working drives in an array. If you can get the old array working, I would create a new array with the 8tb disks on the new controller and rsync the files from old to new.

• That isn't good. This is what it should look like: Source Code (85 lines)Sorry, I really don't have any ideas now. Maybe connect the drives back to the old raid card??

• not good. I'm betting it says there is no superblock on the other drives as well. Try: mdadm --examine /dev/sd[bcdefg]

• Quote from calvin940: “So, having said all this, any ideas on where I go from here? ” Is there any array assembled in the output of cat /proc/mdstat? If not, then try assembling it without sdb: mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[cdefg]

• Quote from dojrude: “how do I identify them? ” Like I said, the uuid source of the sharedfolderef is in the mntent section. Quote from dojrude: “Kind of defeats the update process if it breaks everything that references a sharedfolderref from the previous version. Why are they changing? Shouldn't they stay the same or be updated with the upgrade process. ” As I and Volker both said, the update process should never touch those references. Quote from dojrude: “Seems like a fairly common problem ” …

• Quote from HotBlack: “I can't seem to find any guides ” omv-release-upgrade is all you need. Just remember to backup your system before upgrading. It is moving from Debian 8.x to Debian 9.x. Not all upgrading issues are OMV-related. But, it seems to go better than the OMV 2.x -> 3.x upgrade since 3.x and 4.x are both using systemd. Quote from HotBlack: “Are there any known issues? ” Hopefully you have your data backed up. I haven't had any experiences with data loss. Since you aren't using mdadm…

• Quote from piet: “F5 didn't work. It must be a real clean cache. ” Try ctrl-shift-R

• Quote from dojrude: “Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process? ” The upgrade between 2.x and 3.x is a pain (the two versions are VERY different and the OS is a full upgrade). Lots of plugins don't upgrade correctly. That is why we recommend a fresh install. No idea why the sharedfolderrefs would change. I haven't seen that before. Quote from dojrude: “the sharedsharedfolder ref is a UUID, but it's not from blkid and I'm not sure where to find them. Can anyone …

• Quote from tkaiser: “I'm a bit surprised that no one asked for logs or at least a quick check for cabling/connectiviy problems. ” So, add it to the ever-growing list of things people should provide when their array is missing/degraded - Degraded or missing raid array questions. While those seem like reasonable questions to ask, most people lose their arrays after reboot. Cabling doesn't generally seem like it should be the issue. I guess it could be in this case. Quote from Dropkick Murphy: “Wha…

• And this is what starts the process that doesn't seem go right very often. Normally, I say zero the superblock on the offending drive and try to re-assemble but I am really tired of it not working sometimes.

• Mounting Errors

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Bleckman: “lets put it this way... Nothing works in linux, ” Forgive me if I disagree... Quote from Bleckman: “the plex media server won't work on openmediavault ” How did I make the video where it works then? Once again, I hope you aren't trying to use a shared folder in the plex plugin that is on an ntfs drive. It supports some permissions but not all Linux permissions. ntfs should only be used to transfer data from. Depending on the client you are using, maybe the minidlna plugin w…

• Quote from calvin940: “Can I force assemble the raid array? ” Yes. mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdefg]

• Mounting Errors

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Bleckman: “My USB drives are NTFS, but can i see them and access them Via Samba? ” Yes but using a Windows filesystem on Linux is not ideal for long term situations.

• Try changing the user's password (to the same thing even) that you are using to connect with.

• Mounting Errors

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Bleckman: “i sent this post to trash because i got it working. ” You really should just mark it resolved (I did this for you) in case other people are looking for the same info. Quote from Bleckman: “turned out my Hard Drive needed to be NTFS not fat32 ” You really should use a Linux filesystem.

• Quote from subzero79: “problem iirc is the nginx plugin doesn't allow it. ” The plugin does name-based. I have lots of domains (local and internet) on port 80 using the plugin.

• Mounting Errors

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Bleckman: “there were 59 views ” Most probably search engines. Quote from Bleckman: “has ANYONE been able to succsefilly run a NAS with this?? I downgrased to 2.2.25 and i cannot get the permissions to work ” fat32 doesn't support most permissions. Nothing OMV can do to fix this. Quote from Bleckman: “48 hours to make make samba be able to write to a disk is a little much, I used samba, i want NFS so i can use runeaudio, as samba is not directly supported b by that. ” Did you watch an…