Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• Description The purpose of this guide is to be able to launch a VPN client configuration file as a background process when we want, not necessarely at boot. So let say I want to download a torrent and would like to connect to a VPN server before starting the download, and stop the process when the download is finished (after seeding 2x minimum...obviously ). In my case, I'm using a ProtonVPN client configuration file that I will modify so I can automatically login the server without a prompt fro…

• Configuring the MySQL Database 1. Go to Services - MySQL , Click Enable, at the bottom Enable the SQL management site, click Save , Apply changes ; 2. Click on the Show button, in the new tab User ID : root ; Password : leave_the_field_empty ; 3. For extra security, I recommend adding a password for the root user, at the top bar, choose Tools > User Manager , at the Select a User dropdown menu choose root@localhost , add a password in the password field, then click Update User ; 4. At the top ba…

• Description I decided to create a guide to install pydio 8 community edition using the nginx (websites) plug-in for OMV 3.X. I found a guide for OMV 2.X in the forum but it's tideous and I think it doesn't use the full power of OMV and the nginx plug-in. This guide do not require the use of a terminal nor an SSH remote connexion. Oh and by the way, I'm not an OMV or a linux expert... I got my experience from curiosity and online search so this guide may not be the optimal way to achieve what it …

• Hi again, So after doing some verifications, changing the ACL values on the share 'photos' on OMV side (Server #1) doesn't change anything since the uid=xxx,gid=xxx mount option in fstab overwrites the ACL. To make the Plex mobile app upload the photos to any samba/cifs share do the following prior to activating the Camera Upload feature on the app settings : Create a file where the share user name and password to be mounted will be stored Source Code (1 line) Source Code (2 lines) Source Code (…

• Hi, Yes it's exactly what I'm trying to do, and it works! On the Server #2, I changed the fstab file to mount the share on Server #1 like this : Source Code (1 line) Where the UID is the 'plex' user on Server #2. Today, I'll try to see if this could work without messing with the ACL on the share 'photos' en Server #1 and post all the steps required to make it work if someone else is interested to do it too. I think there would be a way to automated this if there were some kind of standards like …

• It works...partially. As described in the previous post, changing the ACL of the share 'photos' on Server #1 to avahi:nogroup, on Server #2 it is seen as plex:nogroup, but still the photos won't appear in the 'photos' share on Server #1 when uploaded. But when I create a text file as root in two ways on Server #2 : Source Code (2 lines) I can see both new files in the share 'photos' on the Server #1 But if I do the same as a normal user without sudo command, I get a 'permission denied' in nano w…

• OK... But I just want to remind that I have two machines : one that serve as a nas with OMV where I want all my data stored (Server #1), and another stock Debian Jessie Headless server with Plex Media Server installed (Server #2). Plex is not installed on the Server #1 via OMV plugin. Since Plex is installed on Server #2, OMV on Server #1 doesn't «deal» with Plex. What I'm trying to do is to make the Plex App upload my mobile photos in a 'photos' share on Server #1 via Plex Media Server on the S…

• Quote from tekkb: “I say 2 things and maybe I come back... You can use the remote share plugin to mount a share from another device on your OMV. The chown plex is using is plex:plex, not plex:nogroup.” True, I could install OMV on the Odroid XU4 and create a samba/cifs share from the Plex 'Photos' Library but that not what I want. First the Odroid XU4 is limited in space (16GB) and I want it to act as a "control" server, I want all my data stored in MyCloud. As for the chown plex is using, I did…

• Hi everyone! First of all I want to thank the OMV team for such a great software! I'm doing something rather complicated (for my poor linux skills!) and i'm looking for some help! Here is my setup : I have one NAS (rooted WD MyCloud 2TB) running the latest OMV Stoneburner and an Odroid XU4 (eMMC 16GB) running Debian jessie Headless. Plex Media Server is installed on the Odroid XU4 (better processing power than the WD MyCloud). What I'm doing is mount all the shares created on the OMV NAS (i.e. m…