Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Volker did post this - openmediavault.org/?p=2178 That is kind of official isn't it? No ISO yet. OMV 3.x to 4.x upgrades work well or you could install Debian Stretch then OMV. Not all plugins are ready yet though. Source Code (6 lines)

• Quote from hoppel118: “it seems that omv4 gets faster stable than omv3 ” Yep. On another note, I just upgraded an RPi3 running OMV 3.x to 4.x with just omv-release-upgrade and it worked perfect other than having to rewrite nginx and php-fpm configs.

• Uh, the zfs plugin hasn't been ported to 4.x. Nothing you can do to fix that until it is ported. I planned on looking at it this weekend but I can't promise anything.

• Upgrade von 3 nach 4

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

rewriting the nginx and php-fpm config files works too. omv-mkconf nginx omv-mkconf php-fpm systemctl restart nginx systemctl restart php7.0-fpm

• The Release file issue has been fixed and will be part of 4.0.6. It doesn't hurt anything though. sickrage hasn't been ported/tested to OMV 4.x. You will just have to wait for it.

• Big network problem

ryecoaaron - - Network

Is omv installed on a usb stick?

• Last time I talked with Volker, he said no big code changes planned. The zfs and docker plugins are not in the repo yet. I dont use either so I’m not a good tester. Most of the 3.x plugins should work on 4.x unless the refer to php5 (omv 4.x uses php7). I will try to look at those plugins this weekend.

• Did you put in a feature request on bugtracker? Most of the notifications in omv are either on or off.

• Quote from slaapliedje: “I wouldn't think it'd be out of scope of the maintenance of what OMV would use, right? ” He just means that is better for omv to create all of the config files than just let random files be placed in the /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d/ directory. People could forget to delete a file or have duplicate settings or some other scenario that doesn't happen when omv is writing all of the config.

• How to install Emby odroid C2 ?

ryecoaaron - - General

The kernel version isn't a dependency on any of the packages from my test.

• Solved OMV and software raid 5

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

I guess going to remove drives from the current system when putting the raid drives in there. That is definitely a different task. You would have to do something like: remove sharedfolders (on drives to remove) from all services. delete sharedfolders unmount filesystem After that you should be fine to remove it with erasing any data on the drive.

• OMV Web Service/gui not starting...

ryecoaaron - - General

Is OMV installed on a USB stick?

ryecoaaron - - General

E: Package 'libembysqlite3-0' has no installation candidate E: Package 'embymagick' has no installation candidate If they don't have these packages in the emby repo, there is nothing we can do. You could ask on the emby forum to put them in their repo. The ordoid-c2 may be a bigger issue since it is arm64 though.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from pankajet: “How to fix ? ” You will probably have to add the mono-project repos. Just a warning but that may break other mono-using OMV plugins.

• Quote from slaapliedje: “This is a pretty standard way to configure everything under Linux in general and Debian in particular. ” Yep and OMV is pretty much the same. The idea of OMV is for it to totally control the configs. The scripts that create the config files are already in a run parts directory - /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/. You should just create scripts in that directory to create your configs and then they will be written correctly every time.

• OMV Web Service/gui not starting...

ryecoaaron - - General

What type of system? What type of media is OMV installed on?

• apt-get update problem

ryecoaaron - - General

The good news is your system is updating. The bad news is I think this is the python error that Volker posted about the other day - Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

• apt-get update problem

ryecoaaron - - General

Looks like it is fine now. I should've told you to do this to avoid the posting issues: omv-aptclean | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

• Quote from calvin940: “was I right to not try to correct the file system using fsck? i was worried that writing to the array would result in potentially mucking everything up so I am just trying to salvage as much as possible in ReadOnly mode 1st pass. ” I would probably do the same. The readonly 1st pass seems safe. I would definitely try an fsck after that. Quote from calvin940: “When reassembling there were a bunch of event differences in the drives but it seemed to assemble at least in this …

• Solved OMV and software raid 5

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from bookie56: “I was wondering about adding drives to a system already running OMV and creating a raid array via the web interface?..Are there any good "How To's" on that? ” I don't think there are any how tos but you should just do the following (as long as you don't want to convert drives with data currently on them to drives in the array): shut down the system. add the drives start the system create the array create the filesystem mount the filesystem create shared folders Quote from b…