Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

• Which RAID or HBA card

drdownload - - My NAS Build

If I compare the SD-PEX40104 and the SI-PEX40064 it suspicous that the 8 port no longer supports port multipliers I thought in 2017 that would be a thing of the past

• Which RAID or HBA card

@Sc0rp: I also have exactly this card in my cart, If everything works with the 4 port maybe I'll add the 8 port also.

• Right now i'm in the process of moving my OMV3 standalone installation to a virtulized setup. Why you may ask: well I wanted to consolidate various servers I run at home (FHEM home automation, OMV, TVServer) and also reuse the CPU power of my OMV-server as gaming rig. I have silenced my server quite good so it can reside in the guestroom/office. Another possible way would have been using 50€ Intel SOCs to drive power consumption of the servers down and built a dedicated gaming PC, however I deci…

• Which RAID or HBA card

Right now I have an Dell PERC 6i and an 3WARE 9690SA in my case. I use incl. onboard 15 sata ports. If I remember correctly from various built stages both controllers use 20-30w together (depending on how many drives I have connected) My usage scenario is about 10 of the drives connected for my OMV with mergerfs on top and rest my proxmox drives. Mostmostmost of the time everything is idling so hard I could turn it off disk access is normally 2-3 PCs connected to SMB shares and some automatic st…

• Which RAID or HBA card

I think esp. with rust drives its not much of an issue. My data grave setup eg (mergerfs on top of ext4 on passthroughed sata drives in a kvm ) Concurrent Users: max. 3 (if I count automatic sync jobs) With these drives even the 1x PCIe3 port has enough bandwidth to host the ASM1062 with 5 drives. When powersave/spin down works, my server uses about 70w. In this setup the 10-15w for a RAID card make a difference. I assume a stupid HBA will not use more then 5w.

• Which RAID or HBA card

Thx a lot, I saw a 10 port card ASM1062 Card but they will use port multiplier then.

• Which RAID or HBA card

Since all RAID cards use quite a lot of power (10-15w typical in the standard application of home server). What about a simple HBA like the Marvel 88SE9705 or ASM 1062?

• Which RAID or HBA card

How does the h200 compare to the h310? any disavantages? I've read that the h310 uses less power, however since they are based on the same design. Speaking of which: which hba with 8 ports is the most power saving?

• CrashPlan Ending Home Service

drdownload - - General

I would switch to their business plan in minute, however they restrict migration to backups with less then 5TB and of course I've got 5.5 TB. "Backups over 5.TB will be removed"

• Snapraid Settings / Cron needed?

drdownload - - General

Hi, I just added 2 new drives to my mergerfs pool and snapraid config. Do I need to do something manual in snapraid? Also: do I need a cronjob with the settings below to run snapraid regularly?

• Hi, I found the reason. It was the OSX Finder Option: "Calculate all folder Sizes" which dispatches a very heavy call to the file system. disabling this option as standard fixed it for good

• Hi, I had my OMV shut down for quite. I've got an pool with a 3tb and a 4tb drive connected with mergerfs (most free diskspace policy) I've got a samba share for the whole pool. When accessing with Windows no problem. When accessing with MacOSX Yosemite as client, cpu for mergerfs process goes crazy (to 90 %) and does not come down even when MacOS is disconnected. Only thing that brings it down is restarting samba.

• Samba gegen Locky sichern

drdownload - - General

Das Beispiel greift jetzt jetzt alleine für Locky, aber es gibt ja noch mehr solcher Programme. uU wäre es eine gute in das Modul dann auch gleich eine sich updatende Liste von trigger wörtern zu integrieren.

• Hi, I've got an 12 hot swap storage server from riverbed with an dual hot swap PSU. However this one is neither silent nor efficient. I'm only running an Pentium G2020 with 12 SATA HDDs so no high power needs. Any recommendations for an efficient PSU fitting with the case?

• is there a way to restrict the shadow copys only to certain file extentions?

• Samba gegen Locky sichern

drdownload - - General

Ein interessanter Artikel zu diesem Thema: heise.de/security/artikel/Erpr…y-aussperren-3120956.html

• Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

drdownload - - General

Hi, does anybody have the problem that tvheadend hangs with 100 % cpu load one time a day (most of the time after a recording). nothing to see in the log (not even with debug enabled)

• Docker

drdownload - - Plugins

I've should have searched for this earlier While trying to install the zoneminder via apt on omv2 i damaged the system quite bad. @Waiter00 Could you pls tell me the settings you used to run the container in omv? i'm quite new to docker.

• Only thing that comes to my mind is virtualGL: virtualgl.org/vgldoc/2_2_1/#hd0014 virtualgl.org/DeveloperInfo/VBoxWin64

• Hi, I finally want to move from 0.5 to 1.0. I will do a fresh install of OMV to rearrange the disks and upgrade the sata controller in my storage (12 Slot) and install OMV on an additional 2.5" drive. Right now I'm using snapraid and aufs for pooling and parity instead of a software or hardware raid. Is aufs or mhddfs the recommended pooling engine in 1.0? And do I have to take precautions before readding my data drive with the aufs directories to no risk any data loss?