Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 266.

• Map a distant drive to Windows

donh - - General

A vpn will give you access to your home network. You will be able to see anything on it. Shares will work like you are in the network. You can see and administer your omv or other servers. I use Untangle firewall to provide openvpn. It is free but they have paid options. I use the paid home version but the free version does openvpn. Used the free version for many years. There is also a version for some WiFi routers. Other routers do this as well.

• Map a distant drive to Windows

donh - - General

Open vpn is a very goog vpn. There is a plugin in omv-extras. I haven't used it but should be easy enough to setup.

• nmbd and smbd do not run at start up

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Glad you found an answer. Did you notice anything during install or after that may have caused this? Thanks

• I would think it may be possible to for the email. I don't know what the need for it would be. For ssh I don't use that so I have not idea. Probably the same as above. If you provide a use case why these are needed somebody may try to include them.

• UID should be assigned in ranges. debianhelp.co.uk/usersid.htm See also /etc/login.defs .

• Are you able to control access for users and groups? I think that is the use case for the omv server. Other features would be for show and may cause security issues. There are many versions of ldap servers out there. This makes it hard to get everything working on all as you suggest. The best place to manage an ldap server is the ldap server. If you need these features do a feature request and maybe they will be done.

• Try disabling the windows firewall. I am moving this to the smb/cifs forum.

• OMV Drive full, how to clear?

donh - - General

What does df -h look like. Try apt-get clean all and run df again. That will clear the apt cache and should clear some space.

• I think it will not work to manage ldap from omv. You should be doing that from the ldap server. I think security will be better that way. It would also add a lot of complication to the code. Maybe there should be a "warning" to that effect?

• Do you see the ldap users and groups under Access Rights Management? What type of ldap server are you trying to connect to? You may also look at these two threads. forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-domain/ forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/

• Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting

donh - - CIFS/SMB

bump

• Active Directory / LDAP Revisited

donh - - CIFS/SMB

With over 4800 views and not a lot of errors reported I am thinking of making this sticky. I will clean and update the first post. Any objections?

• Try apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. See bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1799

• A better more modern command is systemctl status smbd or systemctl status nmbd. You might also look at forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=148075#post148075

• OMV 3.0.x SMB/CIFS Issues

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Please try reading this and provide feedback. forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=148079#post148079 Thanks

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from dethegeek: “Can you share the URL of your repository ? ” Right now it isn't much different than the openmediavault-ldap plugin but here ya go - github.com/ryecoaaron/openmediavault-sssd ” Thanks for starting work on a plugin. I would like to contribute but have no idea how to build it from github. I searched but was unable to find a tutorial. I just need to know what I need to get started building the package and what is a good editor would be. I will do it in …

• If you can't login as root you might try this to at least get in as root. serverfault.com/questions/4820…-boot-to-single-user-mode Then you could rum omv-firstaid.

• Openmediavault LDAP plugin

donh - - Plugins

t version of OMV are you using? The plug in is old now. Take a look at these threads for were OMV might be going. It would be best to test them in a clean vm. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-domain/

• SMB Issue

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Now that you are secure you can try to get smb working. It may well be slow depending on internet speeds. There are many threads here about smb. First place to look is probably windows firewall. Allow the vpn subnet.