Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from rickey.mandraque: “so, I understand since the 3.73, OMV mont hdd on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-* but it does not suit me because I use Gnome for many reasons. ” This is a mistake, omv is a headless server not designed to run along a desktop environment. You will encounter problems. Quote from rickey.mandraque: “1) Why OMV mounted HDD on /srv ? (security? incompatibility? other?) ” is the current linux hierarchical order tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/index.html Quote from ri…

• Docker - Folder settings

subzero79 - - Plugins

You can try the guide in the forum section on how to use the docker plugin. Docker is extensively well documented. docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/run/ Also good public images are also documented on how to run containers. Check linuxserver

• Default/empty privileges

subzero79 - - CIFS/SMB

You can also mark the share in samba as deactivated. Still in the db, but not in smb.conf just one click away.

• fstab identifiers

subzero79 - - General

You can force the label form by assigning a label to the fs. You need then to unregister the disk from the backend and mount it again. The label assignment can be done at terminal on existing file systems I know that ext4 and btrfs can be changed, not sure about xfs.

• You can have as many websites as you want in ngnix in port 80, problem iirc is the nginx plugin doesn't allow it. You can create your own server blocks in sites-enabled, with many server names and/or URL. If the the app has is own web server you can use a reverse proxy with nginx also.

subzero79 - - CIFS/SMB

Create the group first. Add some members. I think the code can be changed to do something when privileges are empty. But first need to how to do it with samba, what directives to use.

subzero79 - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from sshaikh: “Is there a setting to make the default more prudent and have "nothing set --> no permissions"? ” You can disable the share, also is mentioned here to at least give one user privileges otherwise happens what you said Samba Share Types in OMV You can assign groups in privileges, they have to be groups created in the ui, gid > 1000

• LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED]

subzero79 - - Plugins

I've seen that error in one of my development vm. Is something to do with systemd escape path, look at x2d before label. These are units auto generated by systemd. At the end I ended up rolling the vm back to original state. There is a bug report as I understand in systemd about this and should be fixed in backport systemd, but as I recall my vm keep failing mount devices even with the bpo systemd. Your can try and change dev path for UUID= manually to test. edit:This is the bug i saw github.com…

• ESXI6.5 - NFS NOOB

subzero79 - - NFS

Quote from ryguy2600: “1. In the NFS options I added this: subtree_check,no_root_squash 2. I think that made it insecure, but no authentication was needed ” Yes, but depends, is this a secure network (vlan isolated)? like only esxi should be able to access the server. Maybe add some fw rules to prevent unauthorised mounting in the omv server, dhcp snooping and bind the physical port to an ip address. The last two should be done at the switch management Quote from ryguy2600: “Questions: is this s…

• pyload (Docker) ignores download dir

subzero79 - - Plugins

Quote from mnui: “Do you have any idea, why the speed is so slow? ” No i don't. I don't use direct downloads

subzero79 - - Plugins

Yes. You don't need to replicate the host path for the container side. Can be any path. Also the other mappings don't know why you have them read only.

subzero79 - - Plugins

also to the left is the host, to the right is the container. Both need folders, don't leave empty the container side.

subzero79 - - Plugins

Yes. Also you have read only for those. See the green enabled buttons to the right per folder ?

subzero79 - - Plugins

You probably didn't press the plus/add button in the map folder section.

• Problem With Shared Folder

subzero79 - - CIFS/SMB

Clear your browser cache. Report back.

• Paste in the general extra options or create a custom mkconf script at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/samba.d/

• Quote from sshaikh: “Add the shared folder homes to the SMB shares list. ” I haven't use in a while samba with home folders, but i am pretty sure this step is wrong. You only need to activate enable home folders in general samba, don't need to add them individually to the share section

• Quote from t0nik: “Do you mean OMV needs two or more drives to work with data sharing? ” Yes that's the idea, You can use a single drive if you resize your root partition, then the remaining partition can be mounted in the UI. Boot gparted or systemrescuecd to this

• i guess the plugin was more intended as a viewer than a full file explorer, the full root is dir is there, you can easily trash your system. You can probably hack the configuration php file socket to run as root if you want. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…nf/php5fpm.d/90-extplorer Also rpi1 as a nas? There are better choices around these days in the arm village.

• Is a php application that's running as unprivileged user (non root) you won't be able to do much. As far as I can tell you can add the extplorer to the group users to have more flexibility. You can only chmod files you own.