Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 328.

• Re: MiniDlna folder not display

PhantomSens - - Plugins

To resolve theSource Code (1 line) please read forums.openmediavault.org/view…p?f=13&t=520&p=8103#p8103 Also pay attention to the DLNA log file for other errors. Sometimes DLNA will error for problems with filenaming and so forth which will need to be corrected.

• Re: WEB GUI access issue

PhantomSens - - General

Another place to check is in your router and see what attached devices are listed. It should show the IP.

• Quote from "bysard": “I tried copying old interface file from 0.4 on the same hardware to 0.5. The bonding works but as soon as I (I said said many times now) only change the IP on bond interface the network setup crashes and you see a new interface file with double lines inserted. Please explain how can this be a Linux distro fault?” This may not be a Linux distro fault. And I apologize if some of this is repetitive. Since the file from 0.4 works - until - the IP is changed on the bond interfac…

• Re: Filesystem Create -

PhantomSens - - General

Quote: “Also - different topic out of curiosity - Why does the OMV server seem to have constant problems? I either can't open pages - get errors for pages - or they just take forever to open. This happens using different machines and browsers - Windows XP - WIndows 7 - FIrefox - Explorer” If you are referring to the forum server there have been some problems. If you are talking about your OMV server as tekkbebe suggested it might be the system drive.

• For that kind of money why not get a small SSD and velcro somewhere inside the case? It will probably be faster than the SLC micro SD card as well.

• You may want to check the drive connections. I had a similar issue about six months ago and it turned out I had not fully seated the power connector for the drive. The system was on for about a month when the problems started. Was concerned about a bad drive. Once I properly seated the power connector all was well and has been for since.

• Back up is your friend as this article states. You can have a raid whatever and unfortunately one fire, one blown power supply or major power surge may take it out. Yes a raid will help keep your data online and available, but it is not a backup in the true sense of what a backup is. It is merely redundant. Hope you have a good backup.

• Re: External HDD question

PhantomSens - - General

Did you remember to unmount it when it was removed from the OMV system? I would recommend that all externally attached drives be unmounted before disconnecting them.

• Nice build and plenty of room for expansion. Try to get a Gold or better rated power supply. It will be pricey but will help keep energy costs down. Are you sure the chirping is not the PSU's fan? I've had some fans make some odd noises. If you feel comfortable about opening the power supply and removing the fan you may be able to oil it. I've got some fans that are 15 plus years old and still working well. Just a couple of drops of oil when they start making noise. Just be sure to use electric …

• Also what kind of drive and size is being used for the OMV system drive?

• It seems as though things are reacting to what you are trying with the different responses you are getting. And my guess is things are fairly close to where they may need to be. Going back through this - did you ever get a good working copy of OMV 0.4's interfaces file? I could be wrong but it seems to me the details would be there on how to get the interfaces file set in OMV 0.5. Also this may or may not help forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2363 I hope some of our other users can…

• Re: No REQUESTS for HELP via PMs

PhantomSens - - General

Good point. Added to my sig.

• Seems like just a bit 'overkill' for the home. Though once it gets all figured out it should work very smoothly. Also just a note to you as I have not seen anyone other posts here in the forum about NIC bonding. You are probably only one of a few doing it with OMV. Appreciate you keeping us posted and good luck.

• Re: Network config on 0.5 Sardukaar

PhantomSens - - Network

I would suggest revisiting the Bonding & NIC Teaming links in my previous post and see if you can determine how to edit the file to manually add the bonding. Since the error changed it seems as though it is trying to work but it just is not configured properly. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but this is a level of networking I have not dealt with. I've only read about it. When I edit files like these I will save the original as you did and then comment out # the lines of code in the copy that…

• Re: Install won't work?

PhantomSens - - General

When installing were all the data drives disconnected from the motherboard and the only connected drive the one to install the OMV system on? OMV works from a system drive and separate data drives. After OMV is installed onto a system drive, then power down and connect the data drives.

• The following lines are duplicated;Source Code (7 lines)and when this happens it always makes me ask why? Did some reading to understand NIC bonding and came up with Bonding and NIC Teaming. I saw the file/program 'ifenslave' is needed. I tried Source Code (1 line)on my 0.4.38 install and it was found. Could you also do a find to see if it is in your 0.5 install? Also found out the switch needs to support NIC Bonding/Link Aggregation as well. Which I suspect yours does as the 0.4 install worked …

• Guys, do we know what Debian file or files control NICs? If we do, can we do a file comparison between 0.4 and 0.5 to see if there are differences. Are the kernal builds the same between 0.4 and 0.5? Also then possibly the files from 0.4 could be copied to a 0.5 system. But who else has this particular NIC down to the same firmware version to test it? Doing this is purely to try and troubleshoot the problem. The reason I say this is it sounds like it may somehow be a Debian issue rather than OMV…

• To me it looks like it is a thumbstick made to fit an IDE slot. Looked at their FAQ's - Blank, Awards - Blank - not good. Looked at Amazon for IDE drives - and found several for less than $30 USD, might be refurbs. If you search a bit you should be able to find someone with new IDE drives at similar prices. A regular HDD would be better in my thinking.

• Re: Upgrading to a new OMV box

PhantomSens - - RAID

Yes you should be able to move the data drives to the new system. But... I believe only connected to the motherboard like they are presently, I would not connect them to the Adaptec board as it may have some thing going on itself. You will want to find the manual for the Adaptec to find out it's capabilities and you may want to replace the batteries as they may be old. Just to be safe I would back up the data drives before connecting them to the Adaptec. Good Luck.

• Re: Setup Anacron in WebGUI?

PhantomSens - - General

Solo, Sorry have not go back to you on this, life has a funny way of getting in the way of life. I reedited the first post with a corrected date setup that does work. I feel pretty stupid as I had not noticed the "Test" option in the cron jobs. Will post more later. Take Care & Enjoy.