Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 387.

• OMV 2 nach OMV3

macom - - Updates/Upgrades

zur Installation von Emby schau mal hier. Ab thread 424. Docker: findest du hier. Oder mal bei Wikipedia suchen. Ich würde aber an deiner Stelle Emby direkt installieren. Oder du wechselst auf Plexmediaserver. Dafür gibt es ein Plugin in OMV.

• OMV 2 nach OMV3

OMV2 ist "EOL" und OMV3 ist auch schon in Maintenance. Ein upgrade macht wohl Sinn. Da das upgrade von OMV2 auf OMV3 recht umfassend ist, kommt es beim automatischen Upgrade mit omv-release-upgrade gelegentlich zu Problemen, weshalb empfohlen wird, eine Neuinstallation von OMV3 zu machen (es sei denn, man ist fit in Linux und kann mit den auftretenden Schwierigkeiten umgehen). Die gute Nachricht ist, dass das upgrade von OMV3 auf OMV4 wohl unkomplizierter laufen wird. Zur Neuinstallation: 1. Bac…

• Welcome to OMV, Lucas. In the web you find thousands comparissons of Nextcloud, Owncloud, Seafile, Pydio etc. One example here. As you want to use OMV: you will probably receive the best support in this forum for Nextcloud. forum.openmediavault.org/index…nstallation-Q-A/?pageNo=1

• Installation of Plex

macom - - Plugins

Do you have omv-extras available in the left menue of the GUI? If yes, have you enabled the Plexmediaserver repo? Your post sounds like you tried to un-install Plex, rather than install. Sorry, if this is a misunderstanding.

• Just upgraded my BananaPi. No issues

• How to install Emby odroid C2 ?

macom - - General

Quote from pankajet: “plex not free. ” I use the free basic version of Plex. Only if you go premium you have to pay.

• OMV Drive full, how to clear?

macom - - General

With du -hd1 you can check which folder is using how much space. Do you use Plex? If yes, probably the database of Plex is filling your drive. You can search the forum for it.

• Which hard drive?

macom - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “In exactly no way since your two disks both know nothing about statistics. ” Well, it could be a question if results from the past can be reproduced in the future, but if we assume that this is true the 10,000 disks can predict the propability of failure of two disks. Of course I can be unlucky and have two disks fail. In the end warranty is also based on statistics (including risk management). If I flip a coin 10.000 times the result will be 50% heads and 50% tails. If I fl…

• Which hard drive?

macom - - My NAS Build

Quote from Sc0rp: “And please be honest, some most of the drives are not really made for backblaze's environment ... ” Probably every statistic has its limitation, but is there a better reference than Backblaze?

• How to install Emby odroid C2 ?

macom - - General

There is no emby plug-in for OMV. So you can either install emby on debian (using CLI) or you use a docker container. There is a docker plug-in for OMV available. Another alternative would be to use Plex, as there is a plug-in available. Or you go here.

• 1. I want to mirror the disks so that if one disk dies I don't lose anything. What's the best way to achieve this? Don't use RAID1, but use rsync (e.g. with rsnapshot plugin) to copy data to the second disk on a regular basis. Search the forum for "raid is not backup". 2. Is it easy enough to copy a USB install to an SSD in future? 3. Once the disks are mirrored is there a guide for setting up shares? I've had a look and nothing jumped out at me. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/video…

• HDD won't spin down

macom - - General

Search the forum for hd-idle. For some reason hdparm, which is used by default, does not work always.

• WOL Plugin does't work

macom - - General

forum.openmediavault.org/index…r-nas-at-a-specific-time/ ... from the time before the plug-in

• Best Backup Method

macom - - General

Quote from ColdShoulderMedia: “but it doesn't seem to recognize the formats I'm attempting to use. ” What formats are you attempting to use?

• WOL Plugin does't work

macom - - General

rtcwake should do that, right?

• Have you enabled "Disallow the user to midify his account" in the edit user menue?

• error when accessing gui

macom - - General

Try if clearing your browser cache helps.

• Upgrade funktioniert nicht

Empfehlung ist, OMV neu zu installieren, anstatt ein upgrade zu versuchen, wenn man nicht versiert in Linux ist. Am besten mit einem Image von hier. DIe Images sind für Bananapi (und andere ARM Geräte) optimiert. Unbedingt die Notes auf der Seite beachten.

• Can not move files to hardrive

macom - - General

User must be in the SSH group. If you are using root user the password is either "openmediavault" if you installed an image for ARM devices or the password to gave during installation of OMV from an ISO.

• Plugins still shown after unistall

macom - - Plugins

Sorry, I do not know where they are stored. Can you install the plugin again? Maybe the jobs are "reloaded" and you can delete them.