Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 600.

• Backup configuration

gderf - - General

There is no way to backup the configuration (file systems, shared folders, plugins, etc.). You can make a copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to use for reference purposes but it can not be imported into a fresh install of OMV with the expectation that it will recreate everything the way that it was on the system it came from. You can also take screen shots of your existing setup's numerous configuration screens to use as a guide. But in the end you are almost certainly going to have to insta…

• Backup configuration

gderf - - General

Clonezialla does not back up the configuration. It creates an bit for bit image of the whole operating system that can be restored later if needed. There are no configuration files that can be exported from one version of OMV and imported into a later version of OMV such that all settings, users, shares, etc. are recreated on the later version. And the likelihood of having an in place upgrade from OMV 1.x to 2.x and then to 3.x actually succeed is very low. But it is something that can be tried …

• OMV Clear cache DNS

gderf - - Network

Have you tired running this command and configuring the network interface? omv-firstaid

• PlexPy doesn't run automatically

gderf - - Plugins

Do you have Run enabled in the PlexPy portion of the Plex Plugin?forum.openmediavault.org/index…ce33c0c71162171322ebfc3e6

• Try changing to the gray theme.

• You must run snapraid as root. Permissions and ownerships are not restored. In my use case I do not have differing permissions and ownerships on the data so this is not a problem for me. So long as you copy the content with a tool that can maintain attributes you shouldn't have any problems.

• Nothing is going to go fast on drives of this size. The point of using snapRaid to recover an entire disk is that the disk you are replacing isn't involved in the recovery process at all, so any corruption on it isn't going to get carried into the new disk. As you have seen, the cloning isn't going very fast. Who knows how long it will take to complete? And then you still have to use snapRaid to "fix" it. That's going to be slow too if all the data has to be hashed and compared to the hashes pre…

• Is there some reason you are not following the recovery procedure outlined in the snapRAID docs? snapraid.it/manual

• RAID or SnapRAID w/mergerFS

gderf - - General

What about changing this environment variable in /etc/default/openmediavault in OMV 3.x + From: OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/srv" To: OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/media" What exactly does that do and what is its scope?

• Can't set up access to FTP from outside

gderf - - FTP

Far simpler to set up and only needs one forwarded port to work: SFTP

• The most frequent problem seen when trying to add media folders into plex libraries is that the permissions on those folders and files are incorrect such that plex can not enter the folders and/or read the files within. What are the permissions and ownerships of the folders and files you wish to include in a plex library but can't? What are the permissions and ownerships of the folders and files you wish to include in a plex library can't? What user does plex run as on your system?

• Plex plugin issue

gderf - - Plugins

Have you cleared your browser's cache?

• Different strokes for different folks. I had a very large time investment in building up my OMV 2.x machine over well more than a year since I started with it. It isn't just an OMV box, it does lots of other things for me and getting all that set up took a lot of time. For me, installing OMV 3.x from scratch and rebuilding all the rest from scratch was not an option. If I could not upgrade OMV 2.x to 3.x I would have to stay on 2.x indefinitely. So far, there are no must have features in 3.x tha…

• You would be wise to make a disk image clone of your OMV 2.x disk and store that file somewhere safe. If your upgrade fails, you can restore from the clone image and try again.

• Below is the link to my repackage of the Ubuntu version of Plex Media Server v1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb for use on Debian wheezy and our beloved OMV 2.x Notes: I have not tested this package on OMV 2.x, but I have done this repackaging quite a few times in the past when I was running OMV 2.x so I don't expect any problems concerning the packaging itself. This does not mean that the source package is problem free, but I can't do anything about that. If legitimate problems with Plex Media Server v1.8.1…

• Yer welcome and enjoy Plex! I'll take a bit of time and build the 1.8.1 package for OMV 2.x and post a link for it for those who might want it now

• OK, try this instead: sudo apt-get remove plexmediaserver If that fails then remove the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin in the GUI and then try to remove the plexmediaserver package again: sudo dpkg -r plexmediaseerver If that works, then reinstall the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin. This should bring in the proper version of plexmediaserver for your OMV 2.x

• The mistake you are making is that you are manually installing the plex package for OMV 3.x on your OMV 2.x, and this will not work. (I think those instructions you followed should be removed from OMV.) You need to manually remove that package by running in the shell: sudo dpkg -r plexmediaserver Then you need to reinstall the proper package by running in the shell: sudo apt-get install plexmediaserver This will install plexmediaserver_1.8.0.4109-42bd8c63f-wheezy_amd64.deb which is the most rece…

• Not enough information about your OMV provided. What version of OMV are you running? What hardware are you running OMV on? Is there some reason you are updating Plex manually instead of allowing OMV to update it for you?

• High error rates in SMART

gderf - - General

Have you tried swapping cables around? Try moving cables from drives that report good to drives that report bad and see if the problem moves with the cables. I don't pretend to understand that page you linked to about Seagate stuff.