Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

• That's what I figured ryecoaaron. Thanks. I intended this to be a "server" of audio to the rest of the house and eliminate the tablet/etc by broadcasting over an FM transmitter. I guess it is back to a Amazon FireTab to stream the audio.

• Hello all. I am looking for advice on how to solve for a request to stream audio files from a local source on an OMV box. Specifically, I have a Media storage box that has a library of tunes on it and I would love to set this box to just loop the music out to the local audio jack. It would be a "nice to have" if there were a control panel web accessible gui to skip songs and such, but that is a step two thing. The usage on this would be to hook the audio jack up to a stereo and not to have anoth…

• Bingo. This allowed me to update. I do have an error now in synchthing W: Duplicate sources.list entry apt.syncthing.net/ syncthing/release amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.syncthing.net_dists_syncthing_release_binary-amd64_Packages) W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems I can infer in my quest to finger this out I added a source to the file some how. I did a couple things to get rid of this (apt cleaned and installed the btsynch plugin and removed it) Looks like …

• That's kinda my point - I don't have the syncthing repo in my OMV-Extras. I have a fairly generic install of the repos with BTSynch, torrents/NZB downloads, Plex, and the Virtualbox nothing else. What I believe is the fix is the Syncthings repo. which I never added...

• ryecoaaron, This sync repo fix assumes I had the openmediavault-suncthing 1.9.2 plugin installed to disable if I read this correctly? Then I would have have a repo in the OMV-Extras.org to turn off and on.

• Can we get a summary of the steps to diagnose / fix I do an apt-get update and get: (Hidden Content) I have tried a couple of the fixes noted in this thread but nothing seems to clean this error out "W: Failed to fetch apt.syncthing.net/dists/syncth…ase/binary-amd64/Packages 301 Moved Permanently" I am a linux noob so graphical is best, but I can cut and paste into shell with the best of them...

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

I reboot at most changes since I don't CLI so i rely on most of OVM implementations that being stsaid... 300GB into my 7TB copy and it is looking solid.

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

okay. reset the policy. and it seems to be filling as I expect.

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

Ok... based on my archaic form of OMV I moved over to mergerfs... seems like the same problem one drive loaded up first. Currently copying @ 10+MB/s 2 file streams but even with the mergerfs only one of my drives is filling,

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

ha. I was not mad to reformat. it probably cleared 200 gigs of debris from the folders. That said, I spent the last 20 min or so selecting each drive to be the only drive in the pool, and each one mounted and accepted a file or two. I just put all 4in one drive and am testing. and we have no joy in this. I am seeing a single drive being loaded with files. So...

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

i pulled the fstab to see if the some of the early fixes were there but it seems like the =rw is solid. Source Code (23 lines) My aufs is drive : 43dd1777-c05a-4a83-8715-1ab764b3fbb4 none /media/43dd1777-c05a-4a83-8715-1ab764b3fbb4 aufs br:/media/33602b2f-ca24-4d1e-a8dc-3ade1dace599=rw:/media/8a48e98a-9dc3-4d93-b046-e8d28fbc7d5f=rw:/media/e36b057b-73e6-4fbb-9a8a-595bea46294c=rw:/media/9c5a3020-f6d3-4d6d-865e-0c06c3566b19=rw,sum,create=tdp 0 0 but

• AUFS Issue.

Meridock - - RAID

I had a working AUFS drivepool that was getting full, and added a new drive today. I: - formatted the new one, - added to union filesystem just like I did the last time I added a drive to the same system, it showed 10TB available on the pool - started copying files to the pool and the pool filled up on the original 3 drives and nothing went to the new one. So I read some of the posts on this forum and it hinted at a permissions issue. I dug thru the various drives and saw that the new one did no…

• [SOLVED]RAID vanishes after reboot

Meridock - - RAID

Keywords - RAID, 5, vanishing, missing, deleted, reboot, restart, SSD, Hybrid, SATA, drive, Seagate, lenova, tower First attempt was hardware raid. Drives installed into chassis straight from box. Drives reported five, and then added to the RAID group. Hardware synched the RAID. Fresh openmediavault install after synch and reboot. Everything showed up and worked - at first. Moved significant content to the raid. Rebooted after PLEX media service hung. RAID vanished. Had to rebuild and content wa…

Meridock - - RAID

will document the prep later today or today. So far so good.

Meridock - - RAID

okay - so it resynched. I had a problem with OMV "thinking" the original data volume was still there, but the volume persisted after reboot. I did decide to rebuild the OMV from scratch (takes like 15 min) and the raid is still there. but I noticed something (Hidden Content) I thought I read somewhere 127 is not "normal" so I dropped the RAID and wiped the disks to make sure... Rebuilding the RAID now. one thing - it did maintain the raid after a couple of reboots prior to me dropping it.

Meridock - - RAID

building now. fingers crossed.

Meridock - - RAID

ok - From the GUI... when I quick wiped the disk I got: (Hidden Content) which kinda scared me. I rewiped it "just to make sure" (Hidden Content) fdisk - reports: (Hidden Content)

Meridock - - RAID

indeed. I became fastidious on backup very recently.

Meridock - - RAID

root@Caligula:~# fdisk -l WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted. Disk /dev/sdb: 4000.8 GB, 4000787030016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 486401 cylinders, total 7814037168 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000000 Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sdb1 1 4294967295 21474836…

Meridock - - RAID

no luck having the backport kernel updated yet. the raid is resynching right now. will the fdisk be a "bad" thing given that?