Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• My 64TB build

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Ammiraglio: “As far as I understood it, the unionfs simply pool together different filesystems from different phyisical disk to act like they're one disk. If you take away one disk from the NAS the data in it will still be readable. So if one of the hdd fails, you will lose only those data while the others hdd and data will remain intact. Clearly, unless you have cold backups or some kind of parity, the data of the failed hdd is lost. ” You are correct.

• Dmraid support? (answer -> no!)

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from rickey.mandraque: “Than you. ” Your title change is misleading. dmraid is supported on Linux and you can use it with OMV. You just can't make settings changes in the web interface.

• Remote Mount File System Issues

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from McDuff: “I tried the server name by itself ” That is what it should be. That doesn't mean your OMV server is resolving the windows name though. As for documentation, what else do you want? For the server name, it tells you exactly what should be there - FQDN, hostname, or IP address. It doesn't say anything about slashes (since that is a windows explorer thing). The sharename says use the sharename only or export path for nfs. I don't know how to describe that any clearer. Quote from …

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from McDuff: “I just kept the defaults. ” There are no defaults for the server, share name, etc. Lots of people enter these fields incorrectly. People also have incorrect permissions on the target server which the plugin cannot fix. There are too many details missing to help. I don't know what kind of system OMV is installed on. I don't even know what kind of share you are trying to connect to. I use this plugin myself. I know nfs and samba are working for me. So, I doubt there is a plugin…

• Amlogic S905X

ryecoaaron - - Motherboards

Quote from tkaiser: “C1+ uses S805 (good since Gigabit Ethernet even if limited to less than 500Mbits/sec in one direction due to internal bus bandwidth issues), C2 uses S905 (good since Gigabit Ethernet), the S905X here is somewhat differen ” That's what I get for trying to use my memory

• Remote Mount Invalid RPC Response

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from MadMungo: “openmediavault-remotemount 3.0.1 ” You need to update your system. Your version of the remotemount plugin is about 9 releases behind. Just make sure you have the omv-extras testing repo enabled.

• Dmraid support? (answer -> no!)

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from rickey.mandraque: “Is there a way to manage RAID with OMV? ” mdadm raid? yes. intel rst raid? not from the web interface.

• Amlogic S905X

ryecoaaron - - Motherboards

Quote from WonderingDane: “I have a SCISHION V88 PRO with an Amlogic S905X ” Odroid c1+ uses that cpu. Quote from WonderingDane: “It's possible to run Armbian on it, but what about OMV? ” Of course. All of our arm images are based on Armbian now. If you want to use OMV 3.x, just make sure it is a jessie-based image. Then there are many threads on the forum about installing OMV on Debian.

• No GUI address on launch

ryecoaaron - - General

If you are using dhcp, sometimes it does not have the address when the motd is generated. What is the output of: ip addr

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from McDuff: “Do I need to manually edit Fstab or something? ” NO. You can specify all the options in the plugin. It is hard to help without seeing the settings/details about the remote mount.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from jfromeo: “Nextcloud. Please ” Not gonna happen. There is a mysql plugin and nextcloud is a php app which can use the nginx plugin. Not making plugins from php apps anymore. There is a good nextcloud installation thread on this forum.

• Remote Mount Invalid RPC Response

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Just tested a samba share on a fresh OMV 3.x VM. Worked fine. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Quote from belierzz: “Upgrade to arrakis went well and everything seems to work fine, only obstacle is an issue with enabling the docker ce repo in omvextrasorg 4.0.4.: ” I need to remove some 3.x code from omv-extras 4.x.

• Duplicati not starting at boot

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

If it is waiting on storage, it won't work. Not sure what is wrong.

• The region error is really the problem (which will probably prevent a reinstall from working). Read this - bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1394912 Looks like a combination of kernel bug/bios bug/bios setting issue. I would update the bios and check the bios settings to see if a different setting works.

• Quote from audi30tdi: “"deb packages.openmediavault.org/Public Erasmus main" > /etc/apt/Sources.list.d/openmediavault.list ” erasmus and public should not be capitalized.

• Duplicati not starting at boot

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Sounds like it is waiting on storage? DId you try enabling the unit file again? systemctl enable duplicati

• Quote from fidoboulettes: “When I change the port configuration into this way: /opt/domoticz/domoticz.sh (example 443 --> 445), it don't works. ” The ssl port defaults to 8078. The next version of the plugin will allow you to change the port.

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

ryecoaaron - - General

Your repos look ok but I had a typo in my other command. It should be apt-get update

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

ryecoaaron - - General

Your repos must be wrong. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list apt-get update