Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Shellinabox plugin in testing repo

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from chappi6: “openmediavault openmediavault-shellinabox.postinst: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated. ” This is just a warning and should not cause any issues. For the other issue, I would try the apt clean button in omv-extras and then clear your browser cache. If that still doesn't work, try removing the plugin and reinstalling.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “KVM and LXC/LXD would be really great plugins. So we wouldn‘t need proxmox to host omv or other os’/distributions anymore. Maybe it gets possible with omv4 or omv5. ” I wouldn't hold your breath for those plugins. They are very complicated.

• Looks like you had a desktop environment installed. There are so many packages installed that something must have conflicting versions needed.

• Are you using a static IP address for the RPi? Is the RPi plugged directly into the router? Quote from dash121: “would be great bc my RAID falls apart every time my pi reboots) ” I highly recommend against using raid on usb and expecially an RPi for just this reason.

• Raspberry Pi Start Up Issue

ryecoaaron - - General

startx isn't supposed to work. OMV is a headless NAS and the desktop environment isn't needed. Login to the web interface.

• Quote from Jaime: “No luck yet. ” Go to the System Information -> Report and download the report. Attach that to a post.

• Quote from macom: “any idea? Two users have problem that OMV 3.0.86 does not show update on 3.0.89. At least one case is a clean install. No DNS issue. ” There are only a few things that can cause that come to mind and none of them are OMV related since OMV does nothing with /etc/apt/sources.list. If people just aren't getting OMV and/or omv-extras updates, that is a different story. 1. DNS - this is the problem most of the time and I haven't seen evidence (fast look) in this thread to support o…

• Quote from snow3461: “the remotemount plugin should handle ftpfs. There are no ftpfs option in the GUI for me. Is there something wrong with my install or a regression I didnt see in changelog? ” I disabled it because it never worked and I haven't had time to come up with a working solution.

• Sync backup software recommendation

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from molnart: “DeltaCopy is even older than Unison... ” It was just a suggestion. I haven't used it in a long time but I used to. Didn't know it wasn't updated. I'm sure there is some other windows rsync client out there.

• Sync backup software recommendation

ryecoaaron - - General

DeltaCopy is rsync for windows.

• New media in /srv instead of /media

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Blabla: “I made some link so that I'll have more readble paths. ” OMV 4.x fixes this and creates a bind mount at /sharedfolder/SHAREDFOLDERNAME for each shared folder. Works very well.

• Hard to say. I would look through the logs in the omv web interface. If you can't find anything there, look in /var/log/

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from henfri: “I understand that bormatic does not help the plugin-development so much, but I think it is nevertheless useful to use it. E.g. it checks the archive regularly. Also, it notifies if the backup was not successful. Last, but not least we will profit from further developments in borgmatic. I think it also makes the plugin development easier as we don't have to worry to much about best practices with borg, as these are included in bormatic. So: Why not? ” I'm sure it is great to u…

• The apt clean button in omv-extras would have probably fixed it.

• Try: apt-get install urbackup-server sqlite3

• Quote from Beo666: “Every time I reboot? ” Do you let it finish and it still happens every time you reboot?

• What is the output of: apt-cache policy urbackup-server sqlite3

• Quote from NASNoob: “I would like to install the omv backports kernel too. How do I do that? ” It does it automatically.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from henfri: “sounds good. My Idea was to re-use parts of the rsnapshot or urbackup plugins. The web-interface needs to collect this data and store it in a yaml file for bormatic: ” I started the plugin. You can follow along on github if you want. borg is easy to use. borgmatic doesn't really help the plugin (at least not yet).

• Quote from rbarros73: “I've tried your video but there is a problem with the repo ” Could you be more specific what the problem is?