Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

• I suggest to run the script. That should remove old and broken packages and install new ones. regards

• Ok, you're right - I thought about this script. First you have to clearify your broken packages. In case you're using aptitude you may find those broken ones. Which packages are broken?

• Did you install omv-extras(.org) at recent version and used install.pl for omv-2? regards, Erik

• I would say you must solve your DNS-issue first. Afterwards you may update your system sufficiently. Do you use DHCP with an ip stuck to omv? DNS of your router. You might exercise with "8.8.8.8" in DNS-Settings System\Network\Interfaces\<your first nic to router>\Advanced Settings. Give it a try.

• Are you able to run following commands at cli? ping 8.8.8.8 ping www.google.com Should look like: Source Code (4 lines) ifconfig -a We need more Information about your topology.

• Does user vbox /grp vboxusers have enough rights to store? Just2guess ...

• I found a Logs-directory within the directory where my VMs are stored. <Path2VM-location>\<VM>\Logs regards Erik

• Partimage: Did you rewrite the grub bootloader on that smaller disk?

• Moin, schicke Anleitung. Ich würde ggfs die Reihenfolge ändern: 1. Alle Extra-Plugins deinstallieren und 2. erst dann omv-dist-upgrade Dann umgehst Du das Probelem mit dem Zugriff auf das WebIf. VG Erik

• Easy solution at commandline: Source Code (1 line) Permanent - edit /etc/sysctl.conf. I would like to make this setting via switch within webif, but don't know about the level of risk manegement. regards

• Here we go.forum.openmediavault.org/index…23f25474feb11ee4cc7e88597

• Hi folks, I'm stuck to get dnsmasq running. I checked all entries against my backup and copied them manually, but there is no dhcp-Server. By starting the service I get these error-messages: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) What about my settings: eth0: 192.168.2.11/255.255.255.0; GW: 192.168.2.254; DNS: 192.168.2.254 eth1: 192.168.22.11/255.255.255.0; IP-forwarding is enabled and works vice versa. I need dnsmasq-dhcp for eth1 only and new hardware should be able to get outside. This worked alr…

• Virtualbox Install fails

Pfeifenraucher - - Plugins

Yes, I did install it via webIf. But due to difficulties with collectd/rrchached and vbox I decided to switch to OMV-3. This works ootb with vbox and other plugins from omv-extras. Thanks for your help and work. regards

• ryecoaaron, thanx for your help. Due to EOM of OMV2 I try to move to OMV3 - hopefully I can solve those minor issues. I need to get up vbox for running a headless vdr-server. regards

• Virtualbox Install fails

Pfeifenraucher - - Plugins

When installing virtualbox-plugin,I get this message: (Hidden Content) It's absolutely true - there is neither user "vbox" nor group "vboxusers". But why? Even if I purge all packages relating with virtualbox and reinstall with webIf or commandline - there is no change. regards

• Ok, seems to me, omv-4 is quite to hard work for me. I'll move back to stable

• Well I guessed you might write this Do I need "virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.x.y_all.deb"? In case I add the ExtPack manually would that help? Is it possible in OMV3 to initiate automatic updates for VBox?

• Folks, as trying to install Win10 as guest-os and stucking with boot-error even on upgrade for Win7-VM, I read several posts about updating to VBox 5.1. In the past I managed to install Vbox 5.0 along this thread. I think I would manage to rewrite the vb5_install.sh to download the newest files, even use already downloaded files. But what about the "virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.0.2_all.deb" - I didn't found any working package. Does anyone manage to install VBox 5.1 onto latest OMV 2.x? Regard…

• dnsmasq dhcp static entries

Pfeifenraucher - - Network

Well it works again. While searching the log i discovered three different dhcp-ranges within the same ip-net (192.168.22.15-245, *.20-240 & *.20-70). Afterwards i looked into the directory /etc/dnsmasq.d and found two backups of omv.conf. After moving those backups, stopping dnsmasq, removing /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases, starting dnsmasq again, i only needed to reboot dhcp-clients and smiled. There is no difference when switching wins-server-option off/on for my purpose. regards, Erik.

• dnsmasq dhcp static entries

Pfeifenraucher - - Network

Hi out there, i'm using dnsmasq-plugin within omv2.x and it works - mostly. I have to connect a sat2ip-server by dhcp as this is the only way to solve the dns-server-query - there is actually no way to fill dns manually. This works so far. Now i want to set it as static-entry but this doesn't work. At every reboot there will be a new dhcp-address assigned. It seems the static-entries don't work. How can i solve this problem? regards, Erik.