Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 722.

• Update Error #4000

tkaiser - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from Ptdidi: “security.debian.org_dists_squeeze_updates ” Das ist ein Debian 6.x, also irgendeine prähistorische OMV-Gammelversion + das denkbar schlechteste 'IT-Pflege-Konzept' (Ignoranz und/oder Faulheit). Dummerweise keine Ahnung, wie man bei der Ausgangssituation die Kuh wieder vom Eis bekommt... (Squeeze-Support ist schon lange ausgelaufen)

• OMV 3.x for Banana/Raspberry PI

Quote from sieben: “Then I think I'll stick to getting a new sd-card, from your link I guess you recommend Samsung evo sd-cards. ” Well, based on price tags and performance EVO/EVO+ are a good choice (the latter slightly faster and often cheaper for reasons unknown to me). But there's still the issue with fraud/counterfeit cards and it seems some fake cards are that perfect in the meantime that you can't spot them by lool or initial testing. That's why I only buy at large retailers any more with…

Quote from sieben: “Otherwise I already thought about getting a new sdcard, as the one I have is old & crappy. ” Really the best idea since an awful lot of problems with SBC are just SD card hassles. It's possible to clone SD cards of course but I would strongly recommend to use suitable tools (eg. in Linux use ddrescue to create an image of the old card and then Etcher to write it to the new card. Only requirement: the new card has to be larger than the old one) But in case you still have an ol…

Quote from sieben: “Hat denn jemand es bisher geschafft OMV 3 auf einem Banana PI laufen zu lassen ” sourceforge.net/projects/openm…s/Other%20armhf%20images/ --> write the image with Etcher --> boot it --> activate SSH access in the UI --> partition the SATA device manually as you want (OMV doesn't need that much space unless you want to also run Plex without modifications) --> nand-sata-install --> /dev/sda1 --> done (tested by me when working on nand-sata-install +10 times) Personally I would …

• SD-Card damaged

tkaiser - - General

Quote from morph8000: “tried to install Java8, getting error: ” Please ask Oracle, it's a redirect loop between their servers ending in 'ERROR 404: Not Found.' -- maybe this is fixed within few hours (at their servers), maybe not. Wrt other problems it's usually related to not paying attention to readme.txt at the download location: Source Code (4 lines)I tested with the BPi image maybe 20 times or even more and flash-memory plugin always worked as expected without any configuration needed. So n…

• hi cpu temperature

tkaiser - - General

Quote from petrus: “additional holes can help. ” They barely help, it's easy to verify this by installing RPi-Monitor and then compare before and after. A large and properly attached heatsink will improve the SoC's heat dissipation but 50°C are nothing to worry about anyway. If people are happy with cramping electronics devices in tiny insufficient enclosures they should do so but don't fear the consequences BTW: On latest RPi OMV images you can always run 'sudo armbianmonitor -m' for some therm…

• Quote from petrus: “For being honest, I don't remember exactly which .img I've set up... :s ” The problem with OMV 3 on the Raspberries with all images except the latest one is that it seems you don't get further kernel updates if you remain on Jessie (OMV 3): RPi people package bootloader and kernel as debs and provide them through their repos. But their Raspbian Jessie repo still contains only 4.9.35 kernel while their Raspbian Stretch repo provides a newer 4.9.41 kernel -- so if you run a rea…

• Quote from petrus: “Am I alone with this pb ? ” Nope, currently the ARM boards are configured to fetch updates from openmediavault.github.io/packages/ (result of a discussion with @ryecoaaron a while ago) while the x64 ISOs use packages.openmediavault.org/public instead. Most probably there's a mismatch. BTW: Since you're still on kernel 4.9.35 there's another problem on your installation (not receiving kernel updates any more -- see New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images for details)

• Quote from piberry999: “I was looking for a low cost solution for my immediate needs, and running an OMV subsystem and Kodi on their own dedicated Pi 3’s seemed sufficient ” Makes not that much sense but anyway... Quote from piberry999: “the extremely low power consumption when idle. Of course, I’ll be replacing the Pi 3 with the Pi 4 for OMV when it comes out in 1-2 years as USB 3.0 would definitely improve throughput ” The RPi bottleneck is Fast Ethernet and everything there being behind one s…

• OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1

tkaiser - - General

Quote from votdev: “omv-sysinfo ” Unfortunately there's nothing included that could help. @The Machine most probably suffers from undervoltage (this ARM board here wants to be fed with 5V which is not a great idea since some HDD brands stop working when the voltage available to them is below 4.75V which is pretty likely when the PSU does not provide already +5.2V). The output from armbianmonitor could help since this is more or less few years of support experiences with single board computers di…

• SD-Card damaged

tkaiser - - General

Quote from morph8000: “What Image would you suggest? ” sourceforge.net/projects/openm…s/Other%20armhf%20images/ No need to follow any outdated tutorials, the new ARM images are all the results of this (based on Armbian, containing a lot of performance tweaks). And please take your time to read through my other post above (the links there)

• SD-Card damaged

tkaiser - - General

Get a larger than needed SD card and it will wear out later (8 GB needed and 64GB bought --> 6 months * 8 = 4 years) Check especially the links at the top forum.armbian.com/index.php?/topic/954-sd-card-performance/ And start over with latest OMV 3.0.87 image for BPi, it contains all the tools and necessary settings to help nailing down the problem if it persists (eg. you can use iotop and friends to get a clue who's writing)

• Quote from Zeppelin 500: “Perhaps IT make Sense to give this notification with code to the sourcefrog site with the Image. ” Nope since fixed: forum.armbian.com/index.php?/t…findComment&comment=41627

• OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1

tkaiser - - General

Please attach the disk, do a reboot and provide output from 'sudo armbianmonitor -u' then. Which PSU do you use? Official one from Hardkernel?

• My first NAS

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Quote from Ammiraglio: “Tomorrow I will get a new 8TB HDD and I will try it with the card. ” It's confirmed that 8TB drives work with this Marvell chip (and that's not that surprising if we keep in mind how the technology works and that SATA from the very beginning was able to deal with 128PiB due to... LBA48. And if there's any limit it is at 2 TiB and not above)

• My first NAS

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Quote from Ammiraglio: “The current limit for supported drives is 6TB ” BS. There is no such limit. If disks larger than 2TiB work then all disks larger than 2TiB work up to 128PiB (48 bit LBA).

• My first NAS

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Quote from Ammiraglio: “Damn I've just read that the maximum HDD size is 4TB but I have only 8TB drives. ” Huh? What are you talking about? Edit: micom.net/Downloads/Drive%20Size%20Limits.htm (there is no 4TiB limitation, if a disk controller can handle more than 2TiB -- all SATA controllers can -- everything is fine. SATA means LBA48 so the next potential barrier is far away. And running into the 2TiB limitation is also pretty hard these days. The 'best' chance is to use old/crappy USB enclosur…

• SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?

tkaiser - - General

Update: I added a 3rd cheap consumer SSD to the mix, let a RAID10 with 3 members create and now even toy grade hardware reaches 1000 MB/s (read only of course): Source Code (3 lines)

• SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?

tkaiser - - General

Quote from darkarn: “I wonder what exact enterprise-grade stuff will I need to get such performance lol... ” Well, the following is made with toy-grade hardware (a dual core ARM SoC with a consumer grade M.2 SSD connected to one of the SoC's native SATA ports and another 2.5" consumer grade SSD attached to a Marvell 88SE9215 SATA controller). These are results in KB/s from an 'iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2' benchmark: Source Code (7 lines)This is …

• Quote from Zeppelin 500: “Should I wait or can I parametrize it and fix ist later? ” Well, due to krackattacks.com I would recommend to use this for now: Source Code (1 line)Afterwards 'apt upgrade' should work and you get upstream wpa_supplicant (Debian) and hostapd (Armbian) packages.