Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Jaime: “I guess I could install it and un-install it and see what happens. ” When you install a package and it installs dependencies, it will only uninstall those dependencies if that package installed them and they are not being used by another package.

• Quote from Jaime: “I had no idea that would install the desktop. ” It doesn't. It installs a few desktop components but not the number or even the same installed on your system. thunar the xfce file manager for example. If you didn't install the remotedesktop plugin, no other plugin installs that. Either way, something is messed up and it would probably be faster to re-install.

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Django43: “Why my modules are "PHP-Module wurden installiert, werden aber als noch fehlend gelistet?". Where i have to list the modules. Maybe I make some mistakes. ” apt-get install php7.0-zip

• Quote from damian87ew: “I have a problem I installed today OMV 3.08 and all the adds needed for PXE. I do not know why I can not download img ” The server that serves the list (and images) must be down. You don't have to use the images. They are kind of outdated anyway.

• Plugin for HD Sentinel

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

To create a plugin that download/extracted the hdsentinel package, added a cronjob, and had a listview showing reports with a button to view would be pretty easy to make. If you want to look at other plugins that do similar things: download/extract is done by calibre plugin cronjob is done by mysql plugin listview showing reports is done by nginx plugin

• Quote from Jaime: “Do you have any of the clean up commands? ” Removing packages I think are unimportant is probably a bad idea. Post the output of: cat /var/log/apt/history.log Quote from Jaime: “Well, I can assure you that I have not knowingly installed anything myself ” Unless you didn't use the OMV install ISO, there is only one or two plugins that install anything desktop related - remotedesktop and virtualbox - but removing those should've removed anything installed with them.

• It should be apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

• Quote from Jaime: “Apparently I'm not the only one having the problem though so there may be something else causing that and I can only think about the updates I did. ” I just tested on a fresh OMV 3.x install that was fully updated with only omv-extras installed. It worked fine. Here is the output: Source Code (62 lines)I even installed all of the same plugins as your system after this without issues. This tells me that something that you and others have installed is installing a conflicting ve…

• Quote from Jaime: “I'm sure you could do a few things manually but I would suggest to just wait until the next omv update or updates since that's what seem to have changed this for me. I may be wrong but you never know. I'm only suggesting that since I don't manually change anything on the system individually and just use the plugins and updates on it. ” I need to test this but I'm not sure how the plugin would be fixed to fix this issue.

• SD-Card damaged

ryecoaaron - - General

Something must be writing to the system drive then. Do you shutdown the system all the time?

• SD-Card damaged

ryecoaaron - - General

I was just looking for a yes or no Is jdownloader writing to the sd card or to a data drive?

• SD-Card damaged

ryecoaaron - - General

So, the plugin is installed and enabled? I would think about moving to OMV 3.x as well.

• Shellinabox plugin in testing repo

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

The plugin hasn't had a commit in over a year.

• SD-Card damaged

ryecoaaron - - General

Are you using the flashmemory plugin?

• Shellinabox plugin in testing repo

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from chappi6: “openmediavault openmediavault-shellinabox.postinst: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated. ” This is just a warning and should not cause any issues. For the other issue, I would try the apt clean button in omv-extras and then clear your browser cache. If that still doesn't work, try removing the plugin and reinstalling.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “KVM and LXC/LXD would be really great plugins. So we wouldn‘t need proxmox to host omv or other os’/distributions anymore. Maybe it gets possible with omv4 or omv5. ” I wouldn't hold your breath for those plugins. They are very complicated.

• Looks like you had a desktop environment installed. There are so many packages installed that something must have conflicting versions needed.

• Are you using a static IP address for the RPi? Is the RPi plugged directly into the router? Quote from dash121: “would be great bc my RAID falls apart every time my pi reboots) ” I highly recommend against using raid on usb and expecially an RPi for just this reason.

• Raspberry Pi Start Up Issue

ryecoaaron - - General

startx isn't supposed to work. OMV is a headless NAS and the desktop environment isn't needed. Login to the web interface.

• Quote from Jaime: “No luck yet. ” Go to the System Information -> Report and download the report. Attach that to a post.