Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 505.

• You could use UrBackup to backup your PC. Then you have only one "rsnapshot-like" backup of your data.

• There seems to be some solution to mount ext4 on MAC. Search for fuse4x or fuse-ext2 or just for "MAC ext4". Is it possible to start a LINUX live system on MAC?

• Failed command : read FPDMA QUEUED

macom - - General

If you used the backup plugin read this. If you used clonezilla, check clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php

macom - - General

Did you check if it is really the drive? smartctl -i -H -A /dev/sda Concerning the restore: Did you use clonezilla or the Backup plugin to backup the system drive?

macom - - General

Seems your hard drive is dying. Make a google search to confirm.

• /var/log recovery

macom - - General

sorry - parallel reply. ryecoaarons proposal is probably better

• /var/log recovery

macom - - General

I assume you have no backup, right? If you have, just restore the folder and see if issues are solved. What are the error messages you get. May be you can create the files manually which are missing and not created automatically? Example: askubuntu.com/questions/790601…ly-deleted-var-log-syslog

• With rsnapshot-plugin you can create snapshots to the second NAS. One step better than RAID1. Backup to cloud would be another option. Backblaze B2 is supported by Duplicati for example. There is a plugin for Duplicati.

• Raid 5 lost after failure of power supply

macom - - RAID

Quote from Sc0rp: “no answer since 10th Oct.? Uhm ... ” The forum was waiting for you to answer all these RAID questions

• Expanding RAID5

macom - - RAID

did you type sudo mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --raid-devices=4? after that you need to enter the password for the user you are using. if this is also not working, what is the output of sudo dpkg -l | grep mdadm?

• OMV 2.2.13 installation messed up

macom - - General

Quote from bergerking: “After installation I connect the disks again? ” Right. After installation shut down the NAS, disconnect from the power supply, connect the disks and start OMV. The RAID 0 should be autodetected during start up. In OMV GUI you need to mount the disks first. Quote from bergerking: “If this all works ok, I can copy the installation from the temp drive to my original OS disk? ” Yes, you can copy the disk using Clonezilla. If you want to avoid this maybe a good compromise is t…

• Expanding RAID5

macom - - RAID

did you log in as root or user? if you logged in as user, this user must be in the sudo group and you must put an "sudo" in front of the command

• OMV 2.2.13 installation messed up

macom - - General

In your situation I would disconnect the data drives, install OMV3.0 from a freshly downloaded image, connect the data drives and set up new configuration. If you have a spare drive (could be an USB thumb drive with 4GB+), you could also use this spare drive. By this you can try something else with your original system drive in case you encounter an issue. Do you have data on a partition of the system drive (in that case you have to be carefull on which partition you install OMV3) or is there on…

• Cleanly reinstall plex

macom - - Plugins

what is the output of dpkt -l | grep plexmedia

• Skins' section?

macom - - Off-Topic

Looks like the cloudless sky we had in Germany today

• Where can I find update files?

macom - - Updates/Upgrades

@ryecoaaron any idea? Two users have problem that OMV 3.0.86 does not show update on 3.0.89. At least one case is a clean install. No DNS issue.

• ​Cannot install plugin miniDNLA

macom - - Plugins

sudo dpkg --configure -a

macom - - Plugins

If you do not know the password, you can create a new user with new password in the GUI and add it to sudo and ssh group.

macom - - Plugins

The "root" password is the one you selected during installation of OMV. Assuming you are not using an ARM board like RPi or BananaPi.

• Where can I find update files?

macom - - Updates/Upgrades

Have you tried the "Apt Clean" button in OMV extras? Not sure if it does anything extra than the commands already tried.