Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• USB-Backup plugin problem

votdev - - Plugins

Yes, sure. Please use a POSIX filesystem, rsync will love you for that.

• OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1

votdev - - General

@tkaiser Please request such infos via omv-sysinfo if possible, armbianmonitor is not shipped via OMV and is not available on all platforms, so it might confuse users that came across this post while searching for an issue. omv-sysinfo can be submitted via email and copied to USB device via omv-firstaid. Additionally it can be collected via the WebUI.

• - Set smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes if port is 465 - Set smtp_tls_security_level=encrypt by default Fixed in openmediavault 4.0.7, see github.com/openmediavault/open…35b96f62855215e47c660d89e

• According to the docs i read i found out that smtps is outdated, so i think we should not support it officially. Instead i will add the OMV_POSTFIX_MAIN_SMTP_TLS_WRAPPERMODE environment variable to customize this via /etc/default/openmediavault. Additionally i will set OMV_POSTFIX_MAIN_SMTP_TLS_SECURITY_LEVEL to 'encrypt' by default.

• Quote from subzero79: “Cc @votdev Maybe something to take into consideration for the mkconf of postfix. ” According to the postfix document the wrapper mode is non standard. I also think this is not a general problem, otherwise we had much more posts and bugreports related to such email problems. Postfix is a beast, thus we should be careful when we change the config. We need to ensure that we do not break working scenarios.

• Skins' section?

votdev - - Off-Topic

Quote from David B: “Unless an OMV plugin that adds a custom skin-builder. Speaking of skins and CSS, did you darken the shade of blue used on the background of the forum @votdev, or am I crazy? ” That's the new OMV corporative design. It was time to use more fresher colors

• Yes, there a beep sound after the system has booten and before shutdown. This is helpful for headless systems to know when they are ready.

• Skins' section?

votdev - - Off-Topic

That's not a 'skin' in that sense, that was surely only a CSS patch to fix some issues. ExtJS does not support skins very well. There are some, but you need to buy them or buy the Sencha Themer to make your own skins.

• Skins' section?

votdev - - Off-Topic

It's because there are no themes except the current used and the older gray one.

• If you want to use Debian 9 then you must use OMV4. If you install OMV, then it will be the master of all files that are managed by OMV, it will override your custom settings.

• Yes, you're right. This is a regression after switching back from systemd to ntpd. Don't know how to fix that easily because the underlaying tools do not support XPath2 which is required to build the ntp.conf file. This will be fixed in OMV5. Until then only one NTP server can be supported.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

votdev - - Announcements

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “When I started with the ARM OMV images I followed your conventions using a default 'predictable' password without forced passwd change since I thought that's for a reason (maybe support nightmare). I'm open for any suggestions and of course also fine with returning to Armbian defaults which would just require either deleting a single line or adding the chage call again (allowing to login with 'openmediavault' passwd the first time and then forcing the…

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

votdev - - Announcements

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “we both consider an open root enabled SSH account with default password 'openmediavault' some sort of a backdoor the majority of users (who never will use SSH and might not even know about) is not aware of. ” If root login via ssh is going to be disabled, then why not set the root password to a random string? If a user wants to login via ssh, they can create a user with ssh (and sudo) privileges. Quote from tkaiser: “A mandatory password change on fir…

• Dashboard - Memory usage 0%

votdev - - General

These commits might help: github.com/openmediavault/open…d652d3609739087a07e417199 and github.com/openmediavault/open…73f9929e8e36826ac6fa4ee1f

• Dashboard - Memory usage 0%

votdev - - General

A patch would be fine too. I can’t do everything myself.

• OPENMEDIAVAULT and MS-DOS client

votdev - - General

Data shares are mounted with non executable flag, maybe that is a reason.

• omv 4?

votdev - - General

Quote from hoppel118: “@votdev Which Debian will be the basis for OMV5, Debian 9 or Debian 10? Greetings Hoppel ” Currently Debian 9, but development will take some time i think, so expect it to be 10. But i will not give any details about OMV5 from now on. As said, it's in a concept phase.

• omv 4?

votdev - - General

Quote from Wek: “I have a question in this regard, I need to build a small office server in few weeks, so I was wondering how much time roughly will require to omv 4 to be stable? (I know it's ready when it's ready philosophy :D) I mean are we talking about month\s maybe or are we talking a year? I'm asking this because I don't want to go omv3 route and have to start from scratch to install for om4 after some weeks or a month. Especially because I will not have easy physical access to the office…

• Don't know where the file comes from, but it does not belong to OMV core, so delete it to get it running again. Maybe some external plugins might not work then. So uninstall them, too. Shell-Script (1 line)