Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 252.

• OMV 3 - Backup options

David B - - General

Quote from monsen: “i am missing the clonezilla imaging option ” Do you have the OMV-Extras plugin? If you don't, install it, and you will have a CloneZilla option. The only exception that I am aware of is if you are running your server on a Raspberry Pi.

• Skins' section?

David B - - Off-Topic

Quote from votdev: “Quote from David B: “Unless an OMV plugin that adds a custom skin-builder. Speaking of skins and CSS, did you darken the shade of blue used on the background of the forum @votdev, or am I crazy? ” That's the new OMV corporative design. It was time to use more fresher colors ” Okay, so I'm not crazy. I like it. Can't wait for it to make its way to my OMV control panel.

• Skins' section?

David B - - Off-Topic

Unless an OMV plugin that adds a custom skin-builder. Speaking of skins and CSS, did you darken the shade of blue used on the background of the forum @votdev, or am I crazy?

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

David B - - Plugins

Quote from riff-raff: “My letsencrypt-cert checks for monthly renewal, but the job says no renewal is needed, even 5 days before cert will expire. I receive Email from letsencrypt saying I have to check my cert. When I push a creation of a new cert manually, a new cert is created, but it does not replace the old one, it will be placed as second cer which I have to asign manually to nginx. (I use my cert with nginx for nextcloud) How can I resolve this issue? ” Do you have your OMV web UI configu…

• omv 4?

David B - - General

Quote from votdev: “OMV4 is still in development, so you should keep that in mind if you are using it. And yes, i'm in the planning and testing phase for OMV5. You can wait for it, but i think it will take 1 or 1.5 years until release ” Wow! If you're already working on OMV5, does that mean that you're expecting OMV4 to take less time than OMV3 did?

• Raspbian Stretch is released

David B - - Off-Topic

Quote from drinks2go: “blog.exodusintel.com/2017/07/26/broadpwn/ ” Oh wow. I thought this issue was limited only to the RPi. Thanks for sharing!

• Raspbian Stretch is released

David B - - Off-Topic

Quote from Raspberry Pi Foundation: “A couple of months ago, a vulnerability was discovered in the firmware of the BCM43xx wireless chipset which is used on Pi 3 and Pi Zero W; this potentially allows an attacker to take over the chip and execute code on it. The Stretch release includes a patch that addresses this vulnerability. ” What is the scope of the vulnerability anyway? Is it possible to take advantage of it via a malicious program, or do you need physical access to the device or at least…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from henfri: “Hello, I do not see the relation between upnp and SSL. I need the certificate for some services not running on Port 443. I do not want to expose the Web-Interface to the web. I think, that will be similar for other users. Thus, I intend to open 443 just for the renewal of the certificate and this is done with upnpc. Is that clearer now? Regards, Hendrik ” Oh, I understand now! I made the ridiculous assumption that you wouldn't be using it for anything other than your OMV cont…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from henfri: “Hello, what do you think about optionally opening the port for the webserver during the renewal: Source Code (6 lines)” That could work in theory, but what's the purpose of using an SSL certificate if you're using UPnP?

• omv 4?

David B - - General

Quote from Skaronator: “Quote from votdev: “Main development will be done on OMV4, but a stable release will take some time and not before Debian 9.1 or 9.2. ” How is the development going? Would be nice to run my NAS on Debian 9 since it already has the 4.11 kernel which is strongly recommended for my Ryzen Server. ” Obviously I cannot speak for @votdev, but considering that OMV3 only went stable recently, I would guess that OMV4 is nowhere near being ready.

• OpenVPN problem

David B - - General

Are you accessing the shared folder via your server's hostname or via the IP address that it is using on your home network? If you are trying to connect via the hostname, it won't work. I had a similar problem when I first set up my OMV server and this is the solution that worked for me.

• [CSS] Black OMV GUI v5

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Oh. I thought you wrote a theme-changing plugin. You should start a goodsync thread in the developer forum so we can get that added to the repo. ” No. I ditched the theme-changing project because I thought it was too hard for a beginner. Where in the developer forum would you like me to post it? I have this post for it under "Third Party Plugins" already. Quote from The Master: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “...we can get that added to the repo. ” good Idea (maybe to the testin…

• [CSS] Black OMV GUI v5

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from David B: “I'm not even sure if @ryecoaaron has even added it to the experimental plugins repository. ” Are you talking about the code I helped with? I thought that was just a skeleton/testing plugin? ” The one you helped with was a skeleton plugin. The one I am talking about is the GoodSync plugin. Quote from flmaxey: “It can't become more popular if it doesn't exist where it can be had by the dirty, unwashed masses. (Opps, I did it again.) ” Well it's not in t…

• [CSS] Black OMV GUI v5

David B - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Go Dave B! (I saw a screen shot provided by The Master.) While some might consider a theme switcher to be "fluff", I see real value in it. It's this kind of thing that gets the dirty, unwashed masses to adopt OMV. It let's a new user make it, "their own". (And a few extra donations to keep things rolling doesn't hurt anything either.) As WastlJ mentioned in another thread - being able to switch to a high contrast, high visibility theme, easily, would be great for the visuall…

• Quote from flmaxey: “I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but for Client backups and data replication, UrBackup, Rsync and the Remote Mount plugin covers a lot of ground. ” I'm not really familiar with UrBackup so I don't know what it can and cannot do. I mostly want to use GoodSync now so that I can do block-level file transfers. I will have a look at UrBackup because I'm curious about it, but so far I'm happy with what GoodSync has to offer.

• Quote from David B: “If I ever have the time and patience to learn, I would like to make an OMV plugin for GoodSync server. ” forum.openmediavault.org/index…-openmediavault-goodsync/

• Developing for OMV3

David B - - General

I'm having a hard time adding options to the settings for the plugin. I added several things to the Settings.js file, but when I install the plugin on OMV and try to click on my plugin's tab to open it, all that happens is that it gets highlighted yellow.

• Developing for OMV3

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Do you create that element in the postinst? If so, did you look to see if that element exists in config.xml? ” Yes, I forgot to change the "SERVICE_XPATH_NAME" in postinst and postrm. After doing that, I was able to the plugin working. It just so happens that I found the problem minutes before you responded. Thanks for the help!

• Developing for OMV3

David B - - General

I've started playing with plugin development again, and I've made some progress, but I am running in to an error when I try to open the plugin's settings page. It says the following: Failed to execute XPath query '//services/themechanger'. Could anyone give suggestions on where I might have screwed up? Update: I found the problem. I forgot to change the SERVICE_XPATH_NAME variable in "postinst."

• New OMV UI

David B - - General

This may have already been addressed in a post and I just missed it but I'll ask anyway: did a recent OMV update remove the sidebar when you are browsing on a mobile device? I always kept it minimized anyway because it was a pain to work with, but I noticed today that it's not there anymore.