Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Help with union filesystem

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Sounds like your pool isn't mounted. Either reboot and try again -or- post the output of: cat /etc/fstab mount

• I really don't know what is wrong with your system. My test VM has plex and urbackup on it at the same time. I would start over and reinstall.

• Quote from joq3: “How come it wasn't automatically set to gigabit if it was available? ” That is usually driver related and probably due to the age. Intel NICs usually work the best. What kind of NIC is on the board? Quote from joq3: “When the OMV 3.0 install was done, I went to update, and there were lots of updates, tried to install them all, but some failed, and were gone after a refresh. So maybe I don't have the latest version? ” Some failed? Like what? Quote from joq3: “Tried that command …

• Quote from joq3: “Removing the direct_io flag gave me a whooping 11,5MB/s in read speed, write speed was the same as before. ” A couple of things... Have you tested the pool using the command line? This would take networking out of the equation. I would use dd to test. dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/point/of/pool bs=1M count=10000 conv=fdatasync Your speed look suspiciously like a system is running at 100MB instead of gigabit. Not saying it is but that is the right speed. Doesn't take much for a cable …

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from molnart: “well btrfs for system partition could be a route to go down for future releases ” I filed a bug/feature request for this almost two years ago (lvm was primary idea but btrfs was mentioned in comments). Quote from molnart: “i do not like how the current installer overwrites the whole system partition quite agressively ” That is done to somewhat prevent people from putting data on the OS drive (major idea of OMV). Quote from molnart: “an advanced mode with own partitions setup…

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from molnart: “did anybody try migrating the omv root filesystem to btrfs and do backups using snapshots? i think this would a much more elegant solution ” @subzero79 uses btrfs snapshots (or did at one time). And of course it is more elegant but that isn't what the majority of OMV installs are using (since the ISO uses ext4) and I'm not going to try a noob how to convert their os drive to btrfs. I am current working on a couple things that might make it easier.

• Quote from joq3: “Why is there such a huge difference? ” aufs is a kernel module and mergerfs is a fuse module. fuse has quite a bit more overhead. Quote from joq3: “Is there any way to switch to AUFS again with 3.0? ” Nope. aufs isn't supported in the backports kernel which is default and there is no aufs plugin. Quote from joq3: “Right now it feels like a downgrade. ” I use mergerfs myself and my writes can saturate gigabit (it is a backup server and not usually read from). Not sure why you ar…

• I got to the part where you shared samba over the internet and stopped reading. Please stop now and do not share samba (or nfs) over the internet. They are NOT secure enough. 1 - This is your best bet. This is how it is done in the enterprise. I don't use it myself though. 2 - I wouldn't use ssh to try to tunnel samba. 3 - no no no You could also look into webdav, syncthing, owncloud, etc.

• I just installed on my test VM and it works fine. not sure what is wrong.

• It doesn't show a correct id because you don't have an id. Did you try the command it recommends: teamviewer --daemon restart

• /var/log recovery

ryecoaaron - - General

What isn't working? Install OMV in a VM and copy everything in /var/log to your system.

• Quote from raulfg3: “my case is that do not show ID to conect. ” Parsing for the ID is a pain in the ass. What is the output of the following: teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr -d "[:cntrl:]" | tr -d " " | tail -c9

• Quote from Wek: “teamviewer passwd newpass ” This is what the reset button in the plugin does - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…pc/teamviewerhost.inc#L70 Quote from Wek: “I was looking through the forum and the omv wiki, but found nothing about teamviewer host plugin (or other plugins I was looking at back in the past) so I'm wondering did I miss some other sites where the plugin are discussed?! or maybe some github pages?!? ” Have you looked at omv-extras.org? It shows the plugins that are actua…

• Backports Kernel Not Updating

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ianrex: “I'm experiencing the same problems where the backports kernel options are no available under repo tab. ” Quote from fumantsu: “I notice as well that the backports are not visible. ” It isn't a problem. The functionality to use the backports kernel was integrated in OMV core. You should get it automatically in the updates tab.

• Quote from Jaime: “I guess I could install it and un-install it and see what happens. ” When you install a package and it installs dependencies, it will only uninstall those dependencies if that package installed them and they are not being used by another package.

• Quote from Jaime: “I had no idea that would install the desktop. ” It doesn't. It installs a few desktop components but not the number or even the same installed on your system. thunar the xfce file manager for example. If you didn't install the remotedesktop plugin, no other plugin installs that. Either way, something is messed up and it would probably be faster to re-install.

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Django43: “Why my modules are "PHP-Module wurden installiert, werden aber als noch fehlend gelistet?". Where i have to list the modules. Maybe I make some mistakes. ” apt-get install php7.0-zip

• Quote from damian87ew: “I have a problem I installed today OMV 3.08 and all the adds needed for PXE. I do not know why I can not download img ” The server that serves the list (and images) must be down. You don't have to use the images. They are kind of outdated anyway.

• Plugin for HD Sentinel

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

To create a plugin that download/extracted the hdsentinel package, added a cronjob, and had a listview showing reports with a button to view would be pretty easy to make. If you want to look at other plugins that do similar things: download/extract is done by calibre plugin cronjob is done by mysql plugin listview showing reports is done by nginx plugin

• Quote from Jaime: “Do you have any of the clean up commands? ” Removing packages I think are unimportant is probably a bad idea. Post the output of: cat /var/log/apt/history.log Quote from Jaime: “Well, I can assure you that I have not knowingly installed anything myself ” Unless you didn't use the OMV install ISO, there is only one or two plugins that install anything desktop related - remotedesktop and virtualbox - but removing those should've removed anything installed with them.