Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 657.

• Quote from joq3: “Quote from raulfg3: “because of this line: 5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct -O--CK 100 100 000 - 2 see: Red light on a disk, but all green inside ” Okey, so something is wrong with the disk after all. It is an 80gb drive, which I am only using for OMV. Should I replace it or will it be fine as I am using so little of it? ” I use it until goes seriously bad, 2 bad sector is not so much, but can be a tendence.

• because of this line: 5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct -O--CK 100 100 000 - 2 see: Red light on a disk, but all green inside

• Open Media Vault behind a NAT router

raulfg3 - - General

more info is needed, I can access to my OMV from outside my home without problem. my steps: 1. create a ddns acount and configure properly to point to your external IP 2 Configure router NAT to redirect all incoming conetion from port 80 (better 443 to use Https) to you local IP (eg: 192.168.1.x) and thats all, then you can acces to your NAS from office , symply need to know your URL, like myconfiguredddns.net/

• Sharing OMV shares over the Internet

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from Jaime: “it looks like you may be able to add all the different shares, but again, you will need to play with that as I don't have more than on and only set it up for me to test it. ” No , you need to share top folder that contains your shares eg: share Photos and Photos contain 2017, 2016, 2015 folders performance: very good, please test it, I send *.avi files to my brother at max. speed of my internet conection. user/pass authentication : You need to log with you local credentials to…

• Help with union filesystem

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Quote from Blabla: “Hi everyone, I'm testing the plug-in "union filesystem" so that I will use it on my existing raid 1. Right now I have this configuration: test1 and test2 -> test partions test -> the FS made by UFS with the rules "existing path, most free space" ” I do not understand why you can use a union filesystem on a raid 1. raid 1 is a mirror of two disk , rigth, so i do not find the sense to use union file system. I find sense if you have 2 ext4 separate disk and want to use like a JO…

• Use domains instead of ports?

raulfg3 - - General

some usefull links: Web GUI access using hostname versus IP address NGinx reverse proxy when changing OMV port? Nginx subdomains config Is the NGINX plugin suitable for configuring sub-path routing? my case: Openmediavault-nginx feature (Do not requiere that webpages reside on Data disk)

• Teamspeak 3 problems after reinstall

raulfg3 - - Plugins

try : Can't start TS3 en a clean install perhaps help

• Teamviewer host not changing password

raulfg3 - - Plugins

only see this error: oct 19 19:08:51 vbox systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory But directory exist and PID is correct: root@vbox:~# cd /var/run root@vbox:/var/run# cat /var/run/teamviewerd.pid 4942root@vbox:/var/run# perhaps permision of this file?: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.ipc -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.pid nope: change permision is not the problem, thefile is…

raulfg3 - - Plugins

re-install pluging do not works, same output to teamviewer info: Source Code (25 lines) Screen capture of mi tesy enviroment & version of OMV

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Source Code (26 lines)

raulfg3 - - Plugins

more info: Source Code (16 lines) teamviewer --daemon restart do not solve problem. try to delete pluging and reinstall?

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Source Code (4 lines) Source Code (2 lines)Source Code (19 lines)

raulfg3 - - Plugins

please say if I can open a new thread, but my case is that do not show ID to conect. I test it on a VM OMV 4

• Mounting Optical Drive with OMV

raulfg3 - - General

no, you must mount from webGUI in storage -> Filesystem

• Is there a Mergerfs Howto?

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from molnart: “ one caveat regarding mergefs though: i realized my read/write speeds are much lower when using mergefs, like down to 30 MB/s from 90 MB/s when writing to file system directly. but i am on an old HP N40L microserver ” Test enabling direct_io and disabling it, and use the best option for you (sometimes enable is better other enable is worst). direct_io: causes FUSE to bypass caching which can increase write speeds at the detriment of reads. Note that not enabling direct_io wi…

• Is there a Mergerfs Howto?

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from joq3: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Use the unionfilesystems plugin for mergerfs. Add drives. Create shared folder from pool. It is that easy. ” I am currently at 2.2.14 and about to do a fresh install with 3.0. Using Pooling (aufs) right now, but as that is no longer supported I want to switch to mergerfs. How do I do this, without having to rebuild all my HDD's? Can I do a switch without loosing any data? Thank you! ” No need to rebuilt, no need to lose data, simply change from aufs to m…

• Mounting Optical Drive with OMV

raulfg3 - - General

you need to insert first the CD , prior to mount

• About OMV Disk Change

raulfg3 - - General

Is easy that You think. Do a new fresh install on a new disk, And manually configure servíces. Data is safe , And only need to mount data disk.

• Change Systemdisk from 256GB to 32GB

raulfg3 - - General

use Gpart ( second tab in OMV-Extras) to resize partition.

• ZFS won't mount at boot

raulfg3 - - Plugins

reported: bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1827 but because OMV4 is still beta, perhaps you need to wait a lot. please consider to use OMV 3.0 instead.