Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 193.

• All the graphics, etc work, so aside from the errors it seems to work alight. Having had a situation yet where the nas had to shutdown so can't confirm if there are any consequences in that regard, but if we know there is a bug there and there has been a fix for it, why wouldn't we implement it?

• The root of this problem was the files below did not exist on the data volumes. aquota.group aquota.user d The solution was to go into storage/file systems and to set the quota to 1m on one of the system accounts. Save and apply it. Then go back in and set the quote to 0 and save and apply. this created the necessary files.

• I seem to be suffering from this bug below bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1365904 the current version installed is ||/ Name Version Architecture Description +++-==============-============-============-================================= ii nut 2.7.2-4 all network UPS tools - metapackage I see in the log below, the following. 2017-11-12T21:03:56+0100 nas systemd[1]: Starting Network UPS Tools - power device monitor and shutdown controller... 2017-11-12T21:03:55+0100 nas systemd[1]: PID file /…

• I am getting this error in my log. systemd[1]: Starting File System Quota Check... systemd[1]: Started File System Quota Check. systemd[1]: Starting Enable File System Quotas... systemd[1]: quotaon.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT systemd[1]: Failed to start Enable File System Quotas. systemd[1]: Unit quotaon.service entered failed state. Current versions are: ii quota 4.01-8+deb8u1 amd64 disk quota management tools ii quotatool 1:1.4.12-2 amd64 tool to edit di…

• Quote from subzero79: “maybe try this in extra options. --log-prefix 'IP INPUT drop: ' -m limit --limit 12/min ” I thought i had tried that, but after seeing your message thought....better try again....and it worked cheers for that

• advice for swapping out system drive

gwaitsi - - General

that is not a good solution i'm afraid. i have a huge number of rules in the firewall for example as i block all out and in except what i want

• sorry for trying to help you out with some other ideas.... i will know not to again

• Ah... it seems there was some changes to plex that have not been incorporated into the plugin, or, i have been caught with legacy files from the old version of plex when I at one point installed manually. forums.plex.tv/discussion/2858…ed-on-debian-with-systemd It is opportune that I found this now also, as i have just installed the flash memory plugin and i don't want transcoding be filling up ram in the /tmp folder. the fix for this problem was: 1) delete /etc/default/plexmediaserver 2) edit /…

• advice for swapping out system drive

gwaitsi - - General

I have to change my system drive, so it seems the right opportunity to do a clean install as the system has been upgraded from early 2.x release all the way through to the current release. I have only a couple of non-show stopping issues with the current system, so have some reservations about the effort involved. In the circumstances, what is the best approach to be able to install a clean system but restore the essential settings, etc.

• I managed to resolve the issue with nut rules. a) my "driver configuration directive" in the gui had white spaces. I removed the white spaces. disabled - saved and enabled - saved to clear this. [ups] # SmartUPS C1000i driver = usbhid-ups port = auto vendorid = 051d desc = "apc smc1000i" the re-write deleted the 99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules completely b) for the nut-serialus.rules i couldn't remember if this was from 2.x, or i manually created following nut setup instructions, or someth…

• Nov 10 11:39:07 eapenas collectd[1787]: nut plugin: nut_read_one: upscli_connect (localhost, 3493) failed: Connection failure: Connection refused Nov 10 11:39:07 eapenas collectd[1787]: read-function of plugin `nut' failed. Will suspend it for 40.000 seconds. Nov 10 11:39:47 eapenas collectd[1787]: nut plugin: nut_read_one: upscli_connect (localhost, 3493) failed: Connection failure: Connection refused Nov 10 11:39:47 eapenas collectd[1787]: read-function of plugin `nut' failed. Will suspend it …

• Nov 10 11:39:07 eapenas collectd[1787]: nut plugin: nut_read_one: upscli_connect (localhost, 3493) failed: Connection failure: Connection refused Nov 10 11:39:07 eapenas collectd[1787]: read-function of plugin `nut' failed. Will suspend it for 40.000 seconds. Nov 10 11:39:47 eapenas collectd[1787]: nut plugin: nut_read_one: upscli_connect (localhost, 3493) failed: Connection failure: Connection refused Nov 10 11:39:47 eapenas collectd[1787]: read-function of plugin `nut' failed. Will suspend it …

• i use plex and openkm plus, will add zoneminder shortly, that's why i am using 32GB. you can certainly get 16GB and 8GB in those configurations for around the same price as a usb stick, if not cheaper for the DOMs that is. For the PCIE 2.0 SSD it is about 3x the price of the DOMs. but as i say, I only shared the info in case it could help someone with a similar problem, there are still plenty of mbs out there with IDE, USB2.0 and 2x or 4x SATA which, given many nas cases are 2 or 4 slots, leave …

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from gwaitsi: “PCIe (half or full) or either PCIE 1.0 or 2.0 hence why the only supports E Keys You use an SSD you need PCIE 3 or 4 (B key) i.e. M2 ” Hmm... I still don't understand but doesn't matter since IMO the thread is long solved There's a PCIe slot, now with an ASM1061 card inside, mSATA SSD attached, problem solved (though I consider using SSDs for OMV system drive wasting storage. But as usual YMMV) Quote from gwaitsi: “Of course external USB key works ” I wa…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “/tmp should be using tmpfs already. tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime) ” you are right ryecoaaron thanks. i had to research list mount points in linux back to original problem of the 2017-11-10T11:23:08+0100 eapenas systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux... 2017-11-10T11:23:08+0100 eapenas systemd[1]: Ignoring invalid environment 'export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_PLUGIN_PROCS=6': /etc/default/plexmediaserver 2017-11-10T11:23:08+0100 eapenas systemd[1]: Ignoring …

• Quote from Barricade: “hello, I'm looking for my msata system ssd a tested PCI Card for the only ohne PCI Slot in the Mainboard. ” I double checked that motherboard for you, and it is tricky (as i don't have a USB DOM in front of me, it depends on the orientation) - you've either got your DIMM in the way or you lose access to the internal USB3 header. which may not be a problem because you can still access the USB3 ports on the back. But if you are using a NAS housing with USB on the front panel…

• I upgraded from 2.x to 3.x ages ago but haven't had call to change the firewall settings. Now i needed to add a change, when i tried to apply i get the message below. Firewall rules causing the problem is DIRECTION: INPUT ACTION: LOG EXTRA OPTIONS: -m limit --limit 12/min --log-prefix 'IP INPUT drop: ' ------------------ Error received is Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-ipt…

• Quote from Barricade: “hello, I'm looking for my msata system ssd a tested PCI Card for the only ohne PCI Slot in the Mainboard. ” I double checked that motherboard for you, and it is tricky (as i don't have a USB DOM in front of me, it depends on the orientation) - you've either got your DIMM in the way or you lose access to the internal USB3 header. which may not be a problem because you can still access the USB3 ports on the back. But if you are using a NAS housing with USB on the front panel…

• sorry for the confusion. I was picking up on the thread creator and the 3rd comment by virta re the mPCIE Key E interface. You can't use an SSD in that interface, because you need mPCIE 3.0 or 4.0 i.e. M2 with a B key I assume the creator is trying to save all his SATA ports like me for drives, which leaves a few options depending on the mb being used. IDE DOM SSD USB DOM SSD M2 mPCIe if board has it USB stick I prefer the either of the first two options, rather than an external boot stick. (on…

• Another option is to use a DOM SSD card... or a mPCIe 2.0 SSD Card - but they are a little more expensive. the only maker i know of for the mPCIe 2.0 card are Apacer Memory e.g. APP032G2DA-ATM = 32GB mPCIe 2.0 looking at my nas system drive. I need to recover the SATA6 for a 4th drive, so i am going to use a 32GB USB DOM on an E350M1 motherboard.