Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• Thanks, I have found that the 2nd page with comments from Wolf2000 solved my issue. Many thx!

• Hi guys, after upgrading, I get this error message. "collectd[1194]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)" I tried but wasn't able to resolve myself, beside deactivating the Monitoring option in the GUI. Any idea to solve this? EDIT: not sure if this helps but launching a system update through the command line (apt upgrade) gives following error message: back (most recent call last):…

• SMBD saturates CPU

tugdualenligne2 - - CIFS/SMB

Hi gents, I reckon I have found the solution. I upgraded my two other virtual machines (one server and one client) that are connected to OMV through SMB to kernel 4.11. No more problems and I've been running like that for many days now. Enjoy, Tugdual

• SMBD saturates CPU

Donh, both Local master server" and "Wins" are disabled. I'll try the stuff around smbstatus more and report here ASAP Geaves, what you describe happened to me Friday: after rebooting both servers the issue disappeared. I just realized tonight that it came again Thx!

• SMBD saturates CPU

Up. Am I the only one having this issue????? EDIT: I just discovered that when I shutdown one of my other server which is uses my OMV box as a SMB server, the CPU load just disappear. So it must be my other server which stresses a bit too much my SMB server... Ideas, gents?

• SMBD saturates CPU

Nope, no extra options in the smb/cifs page. Because of that problem, I have enabled the smb log to the first level yesterday: no entries generated so far. Therefore, I'll increase the log level tonight and see what msg come thru. Cheers,

• SMBD saturates CPU

Nope, none EDIT: the only error I see in the Syslog is related to Quota. Never paid attention to that before (not sure if I had the message previously or not). It says: "quotaon.service, main process exited status=10/n/a" EDIT2: may be another error message that appears strange: "charybde kernel: [ 1600.215192] perf interrupt took too long (10018 > 10000), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 12500" (this happens while the Crashplan service was stopped, but the SMBD daemon was up and co…

• SMBD saturates CPU

Hi there, thanks for helping. Command "smbstatus" returns this: Samba version 4.2.14-Debian PID Username Group Machine Protocol Version ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Service pid machine Connected at ------------------------------------------------------- No locked files Command cat "/var/log/messages | grep smb" returns nothing Geaves, I found the same URL you mention but the work around "deadtime = 0" does not work for me, unfortunately (I set it…

• Hi there, anyone can please advise how to switch to one of these newer kernels so that I can check if my SMBD issue (saturates CPU) could be resolved that way. Many thanks

• SMBD saturates CPU

Yes Donh, that's what I say in my forst post. Using htop I've seen that SMBD is using about 20/22% of CPU without any change (for hours of observation)...

• SMBD saturates CPU

OK guys, I changed the kernel to 3.16 but it does not correct the issue

• SMBD saturates CPU

I am suspecting the last Kernel update (I have the 4.9.0-0.bpo.2) might be the culprit but I have no clue how to revert to the previous one (does not appear in omvextra/kernel) or to upgrade to a new one. Any help here appreciated Cheers

• SMBD saturates CPU

Thanks mate, I know, I've been using Crashplan successfully on this box for 4 years in a row...

• SMBD saturates CPU

Hi all, For some reason, my OMV install is using 100% CPU with 22% on average for the SMBD daemon for a few days. When I stop the SMBD daemon, everything comes back to normal (2 to 4% CPU). Does anyone have an idea on how to correct that please? (I have Crashplan running within OMV but even when stopped, it odesn't change the CPU utilization, it is SMBD that gives this high CPU %) Thanks

• AFP on OMV3 not working

tugdualenligne2 - - AFP

Hello there, I had AFP working for years nicely on my OMV instance. For some reason, it does not work anymore. I get this message: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start netatalk 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for netatalk.service failed. See 'systemctl status netatalk.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details. Results of these 'details' commands are as follows: netatalk.service - Netatalk AFP fileserver …

• ClamAV options (going mad)

tugdualenligne2 - - Plugins

Thanks mate. I knew the second one and tried it already. Tried the first also a few seconds ago. None of them work (incorrect syntax). Any ideas appreciated. Thx

• ClamAV options (going mad)

tugdualenligne2 - - Plugins

Hi guys, I can't get any options working in ClamAV and this drives me mad. Can you please help? I'm trying to set a max File Size option to avoid the scan of huge ISO files, videos files, etc. Many thanks!

• Hi Ryecoaaron, sorry I overlooked your email. Everything working fine now. The update error message was only temporary. Running fine with this kernel version. Cheers, J

• ...instead of kernel 3.16 I had before. I didn't ask for this and this seems very strange. Is this normal? Is this an issue? And when trying to update the system through the UI, I get this: "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': Ign file: InRelease Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign debian.proxad.net jessie InRelease Ign file: Translation-en Hit debian.proxad.net jessie-updates InRelease …

• I reinstalled in another VM without any issues and I'm now progressively re-setting everything as I'd like it to be. I guess 4 years with OMV 1 then OMV 2 + several plug-ins installed + some limited custo I've done on the system made it too complicated to migrate. I've got a brand new OMV 3, working perfectly and happy with it. Tx all! Tugdual