Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 652.

• Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from jfromeo: “Thank you both, I will do it via shell and let you know ” Cloning via shell is done with "dd" - but of course you need and free SATA-port for the new SSD ... Sc0rp ” The problem with using dd for this is that when cloning a smaller source drive to a larger target drive, the size of the partiton on the target drive will be the same size as on the source drive. In order to be able to use the remaining free space on the target drive, the partition and fil…

• I would just use clonezilla in the shell to copy the source drive to the target drive and automatically expand the target partition on the target drive. Just make sure you know exactly what you are doing because if you make a mistake with drive selection you can wipe out the wrong drive.

• Plexmediaserver - Database Path ignored

gderf - - Plugins

Has everyone seen this? forums.plex.tv/discussion/277724/moving-pms-library

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “Thanks. So if I'm reading this right, you have 4 drives with the same 4 folders and the 4 folders are mounted on the first drive in the outgoing folder using mergerfs? I'm not sure what the nonempty option is - can't find any info on that. If I wanted to make my mergerfs read only, should I mount it normally and make it read only at the share level? Or should I add category.create=erofs on the fstab line? Thanks ” Yes to the first question. Not sure how nonempty got in the…

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “Can you paste your fstab so I can see what that looks like? ” # >>> [sftp-mergerfs] /media/41991950-4d12-4475-86b8-ba54ec09323b/multimedia-content-d1/movies:/media/a6e6252d-5a8f-4e9b-88b3-46bef35b01a0/multimedia-content-d2/movies:/media/1237e230-7f7b-4d27-9a48-0ec0d7fd6d4e/multimedia-content-d3/movies:/media/01e83c5a-5688-4963-b671-0c7ee6d4652d/multimedia-content-d4/movies /media/41991950-4d12-4475-86b8-ba54ec09323b/sftp/outgoing/movies fuse.mergerfs defaults,nonempty,allo…

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “how do you do mergerfs on the folder level? I installed the union filesystems plugin and I only see the option to use whole drives as the branches. Thanks ” That seems to be a limitation of the plugin. Using whole drives as branches isn't suitable for me either. The way I did it is to manually edit /etc/fstab and create the mergerfs mountpoints outside of the [openmediavault] section.

• getting SMART errors on removed drive?

gderf - - General

When you delete a drive you should be given a choice as to whether it is removed only or the filesystem is deleted losing the data. I would put it back in and then fully remove it in the GUI.

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

gderf - - Plugins

If you want to scrub every day regardless of whether there was a recent sync or not, just create a new script to perform the scrub and put it on cron.

gderf - - General

How did you remove the failed drive? If you just unplugged the disk, that's not good enough. You have to delete it within the OMV GUI before physically removing it.

gderf - - General

Disable or delete the scheduled tests for the affected drives under Storage | S.M.A.R.T. | Scheduled Tests.

• uuid help

gderf - - General

Does that directory exist?

• uuid help

gderf - - General

A change was made in how this is handled to be in line with standards.

• uuid help

gderf - - General

UUID is no longer used. Open a shell and run this command: ls -al /srv

• uuid help

gderf - - General

Look for your drive mount points in /srv instead of /media.

• Don't forget to remove any OMV 3 plugins that do not have a corresponding OMV 4 plugin available.

• Folder assembly problem for SFTP clients.

gderf - - SSH

Have you tried with an inexpensive USB thumb drive formatted ext4 instead of NTFS?

• Folder assembly problem for SFTP clients.

gderf - - SSH

I don't have a solution for you, but one thing that catches my eye is that the drive you are trying to use with the sftp plugin is formatted NTFS. My guess is that's the problem.

• You don't type stuff in. You copy the specified folder and its contents. OMV assumes some basic familiarity with the Linux shell .

• Plex WebTools works for me on OMV 2.x and 3.x. I just followed the installation directions in the above posted link.

• Upgrade from OMV2 to OMV3

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from wyild1: “Quote from gderf: “Yes. And that's the part that makes it so difficult. ” I see by your signature the exact same hardware (MB and Case for sure) Did you have an issues with the upgrade? ” It took me several attempts to upgrade OMV 2.x to 3.x. In the end I had to remove every plugin from OMV 2.x before I could get the upgrade to complete successfully and boot into a working OMV 3.x. I almost gave up trying to upgrade, but I had so much other stuff installed and running on my O…