Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 389.

• Solved? OMV and software raid 5

Blabla - - My NAS Build

question: how should I check how much it will take to completion when I run the scrub from the OMV interface? I just finished to copy 1TB of data on y ZFS mirror, I did a last scrub, then I'll reboot my NAS and check that everything is ok

• RAID1 disappeared

Blabla - - RAID

thanks @Sk0rp , I already made a ZFS-mirror, so I think that this topic can be closed as unresolved

Blabla - - My NAS Build

not sure what happened, after something like 20 minutes I reboot my NAS. After that it couldn't boot anymore and it was stuck during the intramfs load. Here's a screenshot: 2A7Uv5t.jpg After 2/3 reboot it returned working, and the zmirror is still here. Should I check if the zmirror is fine? If yes, how? I didn't put any file on it yet

Blabla - - My NAS Build

great| it worked and now I have a ZFS mirror I didn't activate the compression since it will contain only media files that are already compressed. Also I'm not sure about the jobs, I read that it should already have a default jobso I don't need to create an other one right?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from Blabla: “Should I Wipe the hard driver from gparted, creating even a new gpt table? ” Hi @Blabla normally it is not necessary to create a gpt table manually. I created my pool out of disks which were simply (quick) wiped. Therefore try wiping the disks in OMV and then try to create the pool with the ZFS plugin with no steps inbetween. You can do this also bei CLi: zpool create -o ashift=12 your_pool_name mirror /dev/disk/by-id/ata_WDC1_%no% /dev/disk/by-id/ata_…

Blabla - - My NAS Build

I tried to create a Zmirror (since I have two hard drive), I used the same exact settings in the first page, including After clicking save I recieved this error: Source Code (15 lines)What did I do wrong? Should I Wipe the hard driver from gparted, creating even a new gpt table?

• Mirror disappear after reboot

Blabla - - RAID

So there is really no other suggestion other than "buy an external box for the second hard drive"? As someone suggest int the zfs topic, with my build zfs is not the best solution If possible I would lie to have my RAID1 working Do you think that is worth to try to create the RAID1 directly from the cli and call it md128 instead of md0?

• The biggest issue for me is time. RAID1 is not a backup, but at least your data are on two different hard drives. Everything that is really important is saved on an external hard drive. RAID1 is for everything that I don't want to be on only 1hdd, but also not so important that I need to backup it every time.

• RE:

Blabla - - Updates/Upgrades

@Blabla Quote from Blabla: “Hi everyone. Since mdadm RAID is giving me a lot of trouble, I want to build a ZFS mirror. I didn''t do it for now, but I will probably this Saturday or Sunday. Do you suggest to update to OMV4 before installing the ZFS plugin and then, once I'm with Debian 9, kernel 4.13 and everything else updated, install the zfs plugin? ” I hesitate to ask, but what are/have been your mdadm RAID troubles? Fixing those may mean you don't need zfs, which if you believe what you read…

• RE:

Blabla - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from Krisbee: “@ryecoaaron Understood it would just be deb packages for zfs 0.7.3 and not modules, that was just my careless use of language. My comment about Sid was to those using it now, not yourself. @Blabla Quote from Blabla: “Hi everyone. Since mdadm RAID is giving me a lot of trouble, I want to build a ZFS mirror. I didn''t do it for now, but I will probably this Saturday or Sunday. Do you suggest to update to OMV4 before installing the ZFS plugin and then, once I'm with Debian 9, k…

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “Since I'm interested in some feature of OMV$ (mostly the possibility to install the latest python-bittorrent needed for the latest deluge), do you suggest to update to omv4 before create the ZFS pool? ” Please read through this carefully: Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13? ” Thanks a lot! I didn't saw that thread!

• Hi everyone. Since mdadm RAID is giving me a lot of trouble, I want to build a ZFS mirror. I didn''t do it for now, but I will probably this Saturday or Sunday. Do you suggest to update to OMV4 before installing the ZFS plugin and then, once I'm with Debian 9, kernel 4.13 and everything else updated, install the zfs plugin?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

thanks a lot for your help! Since I'm interested in some feature of OMV$ (mostly the possibility to install the latest python-bittorrent needed for the latest deluge), do you suggest to update to omv4 before create the ZFS pool?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “I read in an other post that the latest version of zfs is 0.7, but is still not compatible with omv. In case it will be compatible will i be able to update zfs? ” Usually OMV uses the distro's packages to provide such basic functionality. As you can see that's 0.6.$something now. When you look into the thread @macom referenced above you find packages containing ZoL 0.7.3. So you could use ZFS 0.7.3 if you know what you're doing and are an Linux expert. Ot…

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Thanks for the suggestion I read in an other post that the latest version of zfs is 0.7, but is still not compatible with omv. In case it will be compatible will i be able to update zfs? I'm not sure how Fs updates are working Send by my Sony XZ1 using Tapatalk

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Great! now is working! tomorrow I'll build a ZFS mirror

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Hi everyone, I have OMV3.0.91 with backported kernel on my NAS. When I installed the ZFS plug-in I got this error: Source Code (60 lines)

• Autoshutdown will check your condition from 1 to N times, if all the conditions are met every time it will put on sleep your NAS. I think that is great since you can check things like - cpu -> it means something is running - bandwitch -> somethins is downloading - IP -> one or more of your devices is awake and maybe is using something on the nas This is what I check for 4 times, If for 4 timesthe cpu is below 5%, the download is under 20kb/s and there are no PC awake the my nas will sleep p.s. I…

• omv 4?

Blabla - - General

How is going the developement? Is OMV4 stable or is still "beta"?

• Mirror disappear after reboot

Blabla - - RAID

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “I mean, for what I now ZFS on Unix is a non official porting. ” ZFS started on an Unix (Solaris), it has then be adopted by FreeBSD, Linux and others. On Linux (you're talking about, not 'Unix') there is and has been a lot of confusion about licensing issues (see here for example) but technically ZoL (ZFS on Linux) works great, especially most recent version 0.7 and above (not usable with OMV yet). And now that Oracle (who bought Sun together with ZFS and…