Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Password policy enforces root passwd change the first time root logs in either locally or via SSH ” Sounds for me like the way to go. Quote from tkaiser: “permit root login set to NO by default (done on every ARM image currently except Raspberry Pi) ” Be coherent. Don't make it behave different on different platforms. Quote from tkaiser: “default root password is set to openmediavault (default now) ” Not sure what is the way to go here, I'd suggest it to be openmediavault an…

• Which TV tuners?

davidh2k - - General

Quote from elsmandino: “Thank you - really helpful/interesting response. ” You're welcome Quote from elsmandino: “If I went down the route of a SAT>IP Server, is it impossible to decrypt any scrambled channels, even if I use a USB Smart Card reader? ” From my knowledge, real SAT>IP requires dedicated SAT>IP Set Top Boxes that have a Smart Card Reader onboard, but you have to a have a smart card for every STB. I mean, I'm just running a single Tuner on my NAS right now, but accessing it from two …

• How I can get my shares from internet?

davidh2k - - Network

Quote from Jaime: “The reason I am asking is because when I try to forward port 443 to the nas, I lose complete connection to my router. ” Consider to forward port 8443 to 443 internally. That shouldn't render your Router inaccessable. Be aware to connect to port 8443 from the outside then. Greetings David

• impossible to reach SMB or Minidlna

davidh2k - - General

Quote from jallo2405: “And After sme digging, discovered that Windows 10 is incompatible with samba 4.2 ...whitch is installed on my OMV!!! ” Curious to know where you picked that up. Greetings David

• Which TV tuners?

davidh2k - - General

Quote from elsmandino: “DVB-S is probably the way to go as there are more channels and they are (supposedly better quality). ” Yes, surely DVB-S2 is the better Quality, despite DVB-T2 now offering 1080p instead of 1080i... Quote from elsmandino: “Whilst I have looked at SAT>IP servers ” If you look at them you should've noticed that you still need SAT/IP Receivers and need to decrypt encrypted Channels on the Client, while with with DVB-S2 tuners you can decode drecrypted channels with the help …

• Run apt-get -f install via commandline and if you encounter the question about the openmediavault package, type n to not replace your config file. Greetings David

• HP Hardware RAID status in smart?

davidh2k - - RAID

@votdev Maybe Volker can work on something, but I bet he wouldn't like it much. Greetings David

• Are you sure you set the correct version of OMV in your openmediavault.list? Greetings David

• Can you tell me which kernel you are running? uname -a shows it. Also which videocard are you using? Greetings David

• Can you open up the crashlog (via ssh) and post it here? Greetings David

• How do I update Java from 1.7 to 1.8.

davidh2k - - Off-Topic

You can use every Guide that for installing Java 8 on Debian that matches either Debian Wheezy (OMV 2.0) or Debian Jessie (OMV 3.0) Greetings David

• What does it say when you try to run Kodi from a commandline window in the xfce4 desktop? Greetings David

• Creating a new 'admin' user for SSH

davidh2k - - General

Nope. Any other group is irrelevant since you act with root privileges. Greetings David

• I'd suggest you to install plain debian with any Desktop Environment to your liking. Then install OMV from sources (See Installation Subforum Sticky on how to do that.) This should make your Kodi install work. Greetings David

• Creating a new 'admin' user for SSH

davidh2k - - General

It needs to be in the ssh group to be able to ssh into the system. You also need to add the sudo group. Then you can login with that user and just execute any command with sudo command. Greetings David

• omv 4?

davidh2k - - General

See facebook.com/openmediavault/posts/1247540375337184 Greetings David

• Using yes, creating only for single drives, not raid. Greetings David

• Quote from rabudde: “, aber da passen NSC-800 und NSC-200 nicht nebeneinander, ” Schonmal daran gedacht das NSC-800 einfach 'längs' ins Rack zu stellen? Gruß David

• If you want to know about the Syntax, take a peek at my script or the command line guidance over at the filebot side. If you installed filebot as deb file you can call it via the filebot command, if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to extract that from my script - I can't look at it right now. @jgganeto I'm sorry you haven't heard back to me in the past few weeks/months. I've been distracted by lots of other stuff and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to continue the work on the script anyti…

• Quote from HerrVorragend: “In den vorherigen Post hat davidh2k ja bereits erwählt, dass es so ausschaut, dass Volker bald das release freigibt. Kann dies zeitlich grob umrissen werden? Reden wir bei bald um wenige Tage oder um über einen Monat ? ” Aktuell weiß ich nicht ganz auf was @votdev noch wartet, es sollte aber nicht mehr allzu lange dauern, ich werde da aber nochmal mit Volker Rücksprache halten. Quote from HerrVorragend: “Ist es zu empfehlen das Image von OMV bei der Installation zu neh…