Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• I created a little script to keep track of the disk states (spindown/spinup) using collectd, InfluxDB and Grafana. It is based on this script: github.com/collectd/collectd/b…ter/contrib/exec-smartctl Now I can see in a nice graphic about which drive was spun up or down at wich point. forum.openmediavault.org/index…7cc4a6e5e9d2c5b51f199d847 Requirements: - collectd (to collect the data; is already part of OMV) - InfluxDB (to store the data) - Grafana (to show the data) I will not explain how to i…

• Source Code (16 lines)While d152af9f-df83-4ed6-ab85-68b7be3adbc7 is pointing to sda2 I think I would need to change the UUID in the grub.cfg to my NVMe. But I cannot find the UUID of the device. ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/ does only show sda1, sda2 and sda3. EDIT1: I just fund out that clonezilla copies the UUIDs. Source Code (12 lines) Could this be the problem? But I donn't think so. I already tried booting with only the NVMe attached. So the UIIDs should not conflict. EDIT2: SOLVED!! First I did…

• I just booted CloneZilla from USB and cloned the NVMe disk to a 4TB HDD. Then I booted from the HDD and everything seemed to be ok. I noticed the NVMe was still be used for booting. Shell-Script (2 lines)So I removed the NVMe to check if the HDD would still boot on its own. It does. Great. But after reinstalling the NVMe I cannot from it. Source Code (2 lines)I can still boot from HDD. I guess booting from HDD after cloning did overwrite something in /dev/nvme0n1p1. But what? How can I fix this?…

• CloneZilla "Boot Failed!"

cwempe - - Plugins

Ok. I hoped there would be a solution like: "Just download the new clonezilla-iso and extract it to /path/to/clonezilla." Thanks anyway.

• CloneZilla "Boot Failed!"

cwempe - - Plugins

I am building my first OMV-System. I found the option to "Reboot to CloneZilla Once" in the "OMV-Extras | Kernel" section and wanted to try it. But booting CloneZilla failed. forum.openmediavault.org/index…7cc4a6e5e9d2c5b51f199d847 This lines were repeated many times for about 1 or 2 minutes. Source Code (6 lines) I guess this has something to do with UEFI and my NVMe-SSD. Installing Debian Jessie was not easy, either. Is this a know issue. Is there a fix? Google did not found much. This is not …

• Debian+OMV or pure OMV?

cwempe - - General

Thanks. I guess I will just setup OMV on an old machine and start testing.

• Debian+OMV or pure OMV?

cwempe - - General

Hello, I want to create my own NAS after many years with my QNAP. One of the reasons I want to create my own NAS is because I want to run some little services on the system, wich was not really possible with the old QNAP. I will use some docker container and maybe one or to virtual machines for testing. My system will be based on this: technikaffe.de/anleitung-399-n…d_pentium_6x_sata_und_m.2 I want to use two 150GB SSDS (RAID1) for OS and services. While some 10TB Hdds hold the data in RAID6. I …