Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 526.

• A bridge is, usually, an unregulated pass through on a network. The only requirement is that the destination address of a frame is local to the network segment and, if the mac address is on "other side" of the bridged port, it will be passed. Otherwise, it's blocked. Bridging is done at layer two, Ethernet, using MAC addresses. (Other than keeping track of a mac table and doing a bridge lookup, a bridge is a brainless device.) Ethernet switches are the equivalent of "a bridge" on every port. Whe…

• MDADM Error Messages

flmaxey - - General

Assuming your OMV USB thumbdrive build was done form scratch: At times RAID, LVM, GPT, Root Kits and others, may write things to a drive's boot sector that are persistent. These settings may survive reformatting and may refuse attempts to repartition the drive. If you're experiencing something like this, try Darik's Boot and Nuke. --> DBAN will erase anything, and the first place it runs is on the boot sector. It will only take a few minutes to clean up the boot sector - there's no need to do a …

• An IP bridge? That's the typical design. The modem sets up an IP tunnel, through (typically) a Frame Relay system, to the ISP's autonomous system on the other side. It's using the router as an access point (versus as a traditional router) and shifting router functions like DHCP and DNS to the modem that's odd. BTW: (If there's some advantage in it and **If** you can turn DHCP off at the modem.) I've tested Pi-Holes DHCP function and it works fine, but I didn't test it extensively. My only reserv…

• Unten finden Sie ein Plugin, das Ihnen helfen kann, Anhänge von freigegebenen Ordnern zu finden. Es heißt "Reset Perms": forum.openmediavault.org/index…e353b212f604410fe5a4e1850 Reset-Perms fügt zwei Tabs zu freigegebenen Ordnern hinzu, die Ihnen zeigen, was mit jedem Ihrer freigegebenen Ordner verbunden ist: forum.openmediavault.org/index…e353b212f604410fe5a4e1850 Grüße

• Suchen Sie nach Rsync-Jobs, SMB / CIF-Freigaben, die immer noch auf Ihre freigegebenen Ordner verweisen. Sie müssen alle Aufträge löschen, bevor Sie die freigegebenen Ordner löschen können. Löschen Sie dann freigegebene Ordner, löschen Sie das Dateisystem usw. Um die Festplatte freizugeben, sollte alles, was Sie getan haben, in umgekehrter Reihenfolge entfernt werden. (Verzeihen Sie mein Deutsch. Es ist von Google übersetzen.)

• I still might not have your set up right, so please comment on the following ----------LAN--------------WAN---------------------------DSL---------> Client---------->Router------------>VDSL modem -------------------> TO ISP (Frame Relay). ---1. ---------------2.----------------------3. I had the above setup (ADSL), before I went with a cable modem connection. Typically the DSL modem has a DHCP server to provide and address to the Router, on the WAN side. On the LAN side, DHCP service is usually h…

• I'm not sure what you mean in the implemention of it, but DNS and DHCP are two separate services that can ran from two different devices. In any case Pi-hole is only handling the DNS part of it. (You could activate Pi-Holes DHCP server but, as noted in the Docker guide, I wouldn't do it.) In the DNS function, most routers are DNS relays. If DHCP is on the network segment, typically, the gateway router becomes the default DNS server for DHCP clients. In reality, the router is just a proxy that re…

• problem with linuxserver/plex in docker

flmaxey - - Plugins

I've built a Plex container from the same image (linuxserver/plex) about a month ago and it worked fine. Over this weekend, I attempted to build another container from the same image ((well, an image with the same name)) and I got the same thing you did. I used two different browsers, Firefox and Explorer, as well. Out of curiosity, I built an Emby container and it worked fine, which leads me to believe that the Docker Plugin is fine. (BTW: I'm running another docker full time, Pi-Hole, which al…

• It was odd behavior that I'd only seen with OMV as a new guest (fresh build), and a reboot or two had no effect. I've booted several times before, using DHCP with a VM, and haven't seen this. The new OMV build, in a newer version/install of Virtual Box, sent me down a blind alley. In any case, motd before the IP makes sense. Thanks

• After loading an new OMV 3.X guest into Virtual Box (using the "bridged" network adapter mode): On the first boot, OMV's boot dialog stated; " No network interface" or " No Interface Found ", or something to that effect. (Normally, DHCP assigns an IP address which is shown in the terminal console.) Rebooting the OMV guest had no effect on this condition. The solution was simple. As root, on the command, type in omv-firstaid and select 1. Simply configuring the adapter attached to eth0, even for …

• RAID5 with unexplained error

flmaxey - - RAID

Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from danieliod: “Will RAIDZ1 can also cope with such issue? ” More or less, "cutting" the power off destroys any information held in caches ... hdd-cache & RAM, which affects any FS.ZFS brings the best algorithms to deal with that, but unexpected powerloss should be avoided at all! Sc0rp ” I agree with Sc0rp. Hard shut downs can have serious unintended consequences regardless of the file system used. Ext4, with its journaling feature, is supposed to be able to deal w…

• Mirror, no drives listed

flmaxey - - RAID

I think you're pretty much on the right track. __________________________________________ Last Notes: (Going to watch a show with the wife) The GUI sets data scrubs for your pool automatically so you won't have to configure scrub jobs. (Google ZFS scrub to understand what it is.) If you want to see the status of your pool, it's available in the GUI. In ZFS, click on your pool name and on the right hand side, click on details. _________________________________________ There's a lot of info on the…

flmaxey - - RAID

Sorry,, we're doing this in real time and it was a typo. I revised it, but not in time. zfs set xattr=sa yourpoolname (FYI: ZFS1 is the name of my pool)

flmaxey - - RAID

If your SMB share still doesn't show up, check the windows workgroup name, versus what you have in OMV under SMB/CIF in the Settings TAB.

flmaxey - - RAID

Actually, after you edit the pools, it might be best if you reboot with the new attributes set, before setting up shares. (It might not be required, I'm trying to remember when I did it the last time, but it wouldn't hurt anything.) Also, Windows is kind of weird in that way too. If you have your new SMB share on your network, it might be best to either log off and on, or reboot the Windows Client.

flmaxey - - RAID

OK! Well, you got a bit ahead of where I thought you'd be. Delete your SMB share, and the underlaying share first. You'll need to do the following, or your base permissions will be like those on a Solaris server. (You want Linux permissions.) It's easier to do this from the command line, versus editing your mirror in the GUI. On the command line: In the following, yourpoolname = whatever you named the pool. (Use notepad or something so you can copy and paste it in.) Source Code (4 lines) After t…

flmaxey - - RAID

Quote from Britman: “When I say I've installed ZFS, the plugin is currenlty installing but with errors. Source Code (2 lines)” Crappers. Remove the ZFS plugin. On the command line do the following: Source Code (2 lines)Then install it again. You are running OMV 3.0.X right?

flmaxey - - RAID

Another question - Do you know how to use the CLI?

flmaxey - - RAID

Quote from Britman: “Thank you, and yes I'm easy and will try a ZFS. ” Do you have omvextras installed? In plugin's is the ZFS plugin named openmediavailt-zfs 3.0.18 available?

flmaxey - - RAID

Quote from Britman: “So I've added 2 3TB WD Reds, formatted to ext4 and mounted them. But when I come to setup a mirror no drives are listed, not even the OS drive. Any help would be great as I can't figure out why they would not be listed. ” I think you got it out of order. The RAID management window does not display drives with a file system on them. First, for your 2 WD Reds, un-mount and delete the files systems. 1. Wipe the drives 2. Setup a raid mirror (use Mirror - if using Storage, RAID …