Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• dhclient not automatic

knobblysnail - - Network

As per this networking service error thread, I resolved this with the workaround of configuring a static IP on OMV and adding a static DNS listing on the router.

• I found what I needed to do to prevent writing to the mountpoint when the USB drive is not present was to set the immutable attribute with: chattr +i while it was unmounted

• I tried the suggestion from your external link to have rsnapshot target a subdirectory rather than root of the external drive, however unfortunately no_create_root still wasn't respected. As stopping each of my number of rsnapshot jobs is inconvenient, is there a service I could stop, even by cli? I have installed usbbackup as you suggested. I will look at using it (in conjunction with Duplicati for more frequently changing documents). Thanks for your help and great work.

• Since updating to OMV 3.0, rsnapshot's no_create_root switch isn't being respected for me; i.e. when the external USB backup drive is disconnected rsnapshot creates a directory in /media named for the absent drive's UUID and completely fills the system drive such that I can't even log into the OMV GUI. Any suggestions how I can stop rsnapshot while the external drive is absent? thanks

• networking.service - Error

knobblysnail - - Network

Thanks, I thought the acknowledgement was coming from the DHCP server, but defining the static IP from the OMV end is an effective solution Changing to a static IP identified an advantage of my router's DHCP - it identifies the hostname to other users on the network. Manually adding the hostname and IP to the router's Static DNS list re-established access.

• networking.service - Error

knobblysnail - - Network

Hi Subzero, could you also offer some advice about my network.service error? I am similarly getting a 5 minute boot delay which occurs while waiting for DHCP, however unfortunately in my case the network doesn't come up after that until I physically go to the server and enter: dhclient bond0 after which the network starts immediately. I still had to wait 5 minutes after chmod -x /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-issue My journalctl is at http://sprunge.us/LdCS and systemctlstatus networking.se…

• dhclient not automatic

knobblysnail - - Network

After a power outage overnight my OMV is not obtaining a network connection by itself. On the CLI, once I have waited 5 minutes for: "A start job is running for Raise network interfaces" I can then log in as root and run: Source Code (1 line)which immediately connects to the network. I chose not to use omv-firstaid as I am using both ethernet ports on my Asrock E3C224D2I bound with the webGUI System>Network>Interfaces and omv-firstaid only offers to fix either eth0 or eth1. My router is providin…

• MySQL config priority

knobblysnail - - Plugins

The MySQL plugin GUI options which worked for me in OMV 2.x are not being applied in OMV 3.0.65 To get them to be applied I had to re-order the following lines Source Code (2 lines)to Source Code (2 lines)as files read later take precedence and the OMV plugin options are stored in /etc/mysql/conf.d/openmediavaul-mysql.cnf

• Plex Docker permissions

knobblysnail - - Plugins

Looking within the container with docker exec plex showed me there wasn't a problem permissions, so I looked at the library definitions within Plex web interface which showed me my problem is with the /data prefix to the mapped directories which wasn't in the old Plex database.

• Plex Docker permissions

knobblysnail - - Plugins

With a recent upgrade from a USB to an SSD for my system drive I elected to upgrade OMV to 3.0 and start using Docker for Plex. Although Plex is running and displays all the old metadata (including thumbnails) from the OMV2 Plex addin, none of the media will actually render. This suggest a problem between the container and host permissions (or mappings) to the media directories. All the media is in shares with UID=0(root), gid=100(users), but I noticed the Plex config share was UID=0(root), gid=…