Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 150.

• OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

1activegeek - - Network

Thanks for the input, though I'm not sure I'm seeing how this works. The problem is that OMV web UI doesn't expect /omv in your case in the URL. So I'm getting a 404 not found when I hit it. The other thing is that I'm not running it IN omv using the plugin, I'm actually using a docker container running nginx. So not sure how applicable this is or if there is something different when it's running locally.

• OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

1activegeek - - Network

So I've tried a lot of searching but unfortunately everything related to nginx on this site tends to be specifically related to setting up nginx plugin or the configs for gaining access to other plugins/containers running on OMV. What I'm looking to do is actually proxy the connection to the OMV Web Gui. I don't plan to actually make this externally accessible, but I'd like to add it to the list of services I can just reach at a single url, with multiple locations: server.local/service1, server.…

• Interesting. But is the filesystem unresponsive or unusable during that time of rebalancing? If it isn't available, that would be a huge issue I can imagine because a failure could happen at any time, happens in the midst of doing some large transfer or writing of new content - then this strikes - system is unable to process - I imagine that can't be the case. While I don't like the idea of having to take an extended time to wait for a re-balance, I do value the ability to adjust accordingly. Th…

• Thanks @tkaiser, this helps. OMV 4 has still been "beta" enough that I don't want to make the move yet. I've learned my lesson going bleeding edge on systems that may not be reliant for day to day operations, but provide happy family home services that can go down and I never heard the end of it! While I do understand ZFS a bit more, my main reason of considering BTRFS was the ability to dynamically grow/shrink things. My only big issue seen with using ZFS for my uses, is if I end up adding in a…

• Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been doing a lot of looking around at ideas lately on how to design/setup my system and this thread provided value. Currently I'm running fairly solidly with 4x4TB disks formatted XFS and using SnapRAID/MergerFS. I'm converting over to Encrypted disks, and will have 4x2TB and 4x4TB disks after the conversion. What I'm trying to understand though, is whether it makes sense to forego XFS and convert into the BTRFS format now. I've been reading and seems it i…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

1activegeek - - Plugins

Quote from majorpayne: “I just don't get it... Qbittorent never needs me to open ports, Deluge doesn't need it either. One is running in a docker the other is not. rtorrent the port is ALWAYS closed.This means I get horrible throughput. ” Based on this not being related to the topic of the Docker GUI plugin, I'd suggest opening a separate thread or even opening an issue with the Docker container creator/maintainer. On the "never needs me to open ports" - It's not necessarily an issue of opening …

1activegeek - - Plugins

Quote from SnakeDoc: “nobody has an idea for my problem? thank you in advance ” Have you followed the instructions of the error message? It might be wise to take that first step, and the potentially share the output.

• I don’t recall if there is somewhere inside the container to check. I know the logs from OMV won’t tell you anything I don’t believe. I would just suggest setting up a random conainer and stopping it. Then let it do its thing and check the next day. If that stopped container is gone, it’s running. If it’s still there then you may have an issue. Alternatively if you have a container you know has an update to the image, monitor the age of that container the next morning.

• Quote from joq3: “By the way, did I understand the setup correctly, that this will run every night at 05.00 (24h format) or 5 AM? ” From what I can see in your image - yes, looks like it's running that way. * = every, and you have stars for weekly, monthly, days, etc. Quote from joq3: “That is one hour after my Watchtower runs every night. ” Yup - same way I have mine running. Watchtower runs at 2AM, cleanup at 3AM. Only difference, I run it once a week. Daily is a bit overkill in most cases unl…

• Sorry it seems there might have been some confusion. I'll elaborate: - Using the --rm=true feature, is a PER container flag that you would use to ensure that if for some reason you delete the container, the leftover STUFF from it doesn't linger (this is what @subzero79 was highlighting) - imagine starting a new container everyday, and having not cleaned up the old one. It happens more often than you think, and can really build up after awhile. Specifically the pesky part is the Volumes. Most peo…

• Quote from disrupted: “Quote from 1activegeek: “sudo docker run -d -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --restart unless-stopped --name watchtower v2tec/watchtower --cleanup --schedule "0 0 2 * * 1" This is telling it to run in daemon mode, mount the docker daemon inside so it can run against the API, restart always unless stopped, naming it watchtower, the repo, cleanup after pulling updates (aka rid of dangling images), and scheduled to run at 2AM on Mondays every week ” shouldn't it b…

• I stopped trying with it as I temporarily got around it as indicated (not so secure manner). The larger issue was around mono libraries and the plugin not using newer libraries I believe. For me, I ended up totally dumping it anyhow since Amazon no longer allows use of Cloud Drive for unlimited storage at a fixed cost. So I'm still on the hunt for a new alternative where I can make the most economical decision - thus I'm not using Duplicati at this point.

• LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED]

1activegeek - - Plugins

Well, not sure what happened here, but I'm back running again. I don't know how, but I think the UUID got modified for the disks perhaps? I didn't have a full copy of the previous and new UUID I don't believe. I thought I matched them up and all worked. So I then attempted fully destroying the current filesystems/disks and re-doing it all. This time, the UUID seemed to match up correctly and it started with no issue. Much faster I might add too. So we'll see if it stays steady, but for now it se…

• Hmmm ... interesting. Not good news in this case since this is my prod machine. I was thinking those labels looked funky with all the x2d all over. Interestingly though, the other disks that show the same oddities, are mounting and working fine upon boot without any issue. Where would I attempt to change the UUID manually? I'll have to make some backups and test it out. Just a pain testing as the machine takes a bit to boot from everything going on, and of course downs my apps. I noticed this af…

• So I finally got around to digging through the log. It has a lot going on that I'm not sure I can pick anything good/bad out of it. What I did find that looks like it's problematic though is the following lines: Sep 10 14:46:21 atlantis systemd[1]: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-disk8.device/start timed out. Sep 10 14:46:21 atlantis systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-disk8.device. Sep 10 14:46:21 atlantis systemd[1]: Dependency failed for /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk8. Sep 10…

• LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED]

1activegeek - - Plugins

Has something changed recently that would cause this to fail auto mounting? Or could someone point me to logs that could help identify why the disks are no longer mounting automatically at startup? I've had to recently replace a disk, and in the process when I had to restart the server, I noticed the Encrypted filesystems are no longer auto mounting. Any ideas or help?

1activegeek - - Plugins

Aha! Ok, no worries. I thought it was something inherent to the plugin that would actually do it for us automatically. That's why I thought perhaps I was missing something as I didn't see it. Good to know. I can wait for that at this point. No major updates that I should need from there. Thanks for the hard work, and for taking the time to explain the update process when it comes along!

1activegeek - - Plugins

Ok, so the update to the .9 version is complete. Everything looks good. Confirming the following: - Plex issue with parsing of the URL in the container default Env Var is not getting chopped off (woohoo!!) - Icons are now visible like normal icons - Dashboard service monitor is functioning - Nice search option in the top! Now the one thing I'm left wondering about ... how does one get upgraded to .10 now? I tried manually updating repos, and checking for updates, but the .10 option is available.…

• How to remove referenced disks?

1activegeek - - General

Well, as I was working on trying to quickly via the UI discover the UUID of the new disk, I found the culprit!! Turns out in my SnapRAID config, there are exclusion rules that call out the individual disks instead of the main pool. This was suggested as the best way to go I think somewhere. So it seems these leftover rules, were what was being seen as the reference! Now that I updated those rules to apply to Disk4, and Disk3 has now been listed at Not referenced, and I can unmount and remove it …

• How to remove referenced disks?

1activegeek - - General

Good to know. Thank you, I'll give it a try this afternoon and see if I can't get the disk removed and sent back so I don't get a fee from WD for the RMA!