Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 668.

• As I said, all your shares (Shared Folder items) are going to have to be manually recreated in the OMV GUI on the fresh install of OMV. Those definitions are not stored on the data disk that contains the data you want to share. They are stored on the system disk that is running OMV. Creating shares does not touch the data you are sharing. That step only identifies the data you wish to share to OMV. If you don't have a verified backup of your data, you are always at risk of having something happe…

• I don't know what you mean by shared folders in that context. Please elaborate. The filesystem is the filesystem. It's whatever it was when it was created and it's portable so long as wherever you are taking it understands the filesystem type. Don't worry about this.

• There is no way to migrate an OMV installation from one architecture (your RasPi) to another (Intel). You cannot migrate a config.xml file between installations and expect it to work. It won't. You can examine the file for reference purposes though. You will have to do a fresh install on the new hardware and reconfigure it entirely by hand in the GUI. It probably would be helpful if you took screen shots from your existing configuration to use as reminders when you configure the new install. The…

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

I have physical data disks sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, and sde. OMV is on a small SSD sdf. I set up SnapRaid using the plugin with data disks sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd; parity is on sde. I setup mergerfs by hand in /etc/fstab (the plugin will not allow me to use directories as sources, it only allows entire drives to be used). I have the megerfs mountpoints on sdc. I do not exclude the mergerfs mountpoints from SnapRaid, and there have been no problems. If there were going to be problems with this (I suspe…

• Probably solvable with one of these. ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Display-Emul…ede1ae:g:G48AAOSwEIFZzEVR Similar problems were reported with certain ASUS motherboards that refused to boot headless without a video monitor connetcted.

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

Is there some reason you want to have both a snapraid pool and a mergerfs pool?

• I've heard about that failure too, but it's worth a try. I think Parted Magic can handle this well, but is not a freebie.

• I have never tried this, but it is supposed to allow clonezilla to restore an image to a smaller disk. Select Advanced mode and use the -icds option. Just be sure that the actual amount of data being restored really will fit onto the smaller drive.

• A UUID change will cause that loooooooooong pause you were seeing. Wasn't that annoying? One way to see if the Flash Memory plugin is in use is to open a shell and type: df -h If you see stuff like the below (folder2ram) those are the RAM disks the Flash Memory plugin sets up and uses. folder2ram 7.9G 32M 7.8G 1% /var/log folder2ram 7.9G 20K 7.9G 1% /var/tmp folder2ram 7.9G 1.2M 7.9G 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd folder2ram 7.9G 1.9M 7.9G 1% /var/spool folder2ram 7.9G 36M 7.8G 1% /var/lib/rrdca…

• I think you are missing the point. Unless your system memory is inadequate to run without swap, then the swap partition will not be written to at all. In this case, the Flash Memory plugin offers no benefit with respect to disk writes to swap - you can not reduce writes to swap that never happen in the first place - so just try running without swap first and see what happens. Why the Flash Memory plugin helps is because it moves the the more heavily written to areas of the physical disk into RAM…

• The requirement for swap depends on how much memory your system has. I have 16GB of RAM in my OMV server and have run it with 8GB in the past and run it without swap. I have never had a problem. And if your hardware isn't really ancient, you can't even find RAM modules that would be too small to run without swap enabled. I suggest that you disable swap in fstab, and reboot, but leave the swap partition in place on the disk for a while. If your machine runs out of RAM under heavy use, it will the…

• How to see on which drive the OS is?

gderf - - General

Quote from Nibb31: “The system drive is hidden from the OMV user interface. ” It's not hidden on mine.

• Plex update?

gderf - - Plugins

plexupdate.sh -l shows the Linux distributions supported by the program. plexupdate.sh -r shows the URL to the PMS file that would be downloaded for your configuration. My guess is that whatever OS platform you are running on, it's not supported by plexupdate.sh.

• Plex update?

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from jata1: “plexupdate is a script that does look quite useful - might save you from having to copy the new installer to the repo every time there is an update. I am quite close to working out why it doesn't work but stopped as you have solved my question. Link below if you want to take a look. github.com/mrworf/plexupdate ” Run plexupdate.sh -l to see the list of supported distributions.

• Fresh install network issues

gderf - - Network

A 169.254.0.0/16 link local IP address is assigned to an interface configured to obtain its address via DHCP, but no DHCP server could be reached. Either correct the problem with the unreachable DHCP server, or reconfigure the interface for a static IP address in private IP space that is compatible with the rest of your LAN.

• What version is considered stable?

gderf - - General

3.x Clear your browser cache.

• Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from jfromeo: “Thank you both, I will do it via shell and let you know ” Cloning via shell is done with "dd" - but of course you need and free SATA-port for the new SSD ... Sc0rp ” The problem with using dd for this is that when cloning a smaller source drive to a larger target drive, the size of the partiton on the target drive will be the same size as on the source drive. In order to be able to use the remaining free space on the target drive, the partition and fil…

• I would just use clonezilla in the shell to copy the source drive to the target drive and automatically expand the target partition on the target drive. Just make sure you know exactly what you are doing because if you make a mistake with drive selection you can wipe out the wrong drive.

• Plexmediaserver - Database Path ignored

gderf - - Plugins

Has everyone seen this? forums.plex.tv/discussion/277724/moving-pms-library

• mergerfs questions

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “Thanks. So if I'm reading this right, you have 4 drives with the same 4 folders and the 4 folders are mounted on the first drive in the outgoing folder using mergerfs? I'm not sure what the nonempty option is - can't find any info on that. If I wanted to make my mergerfs read only, should I mount it normally and make it read only at the share level? Or should I add category.create=erofs on the fstab line? Thanks ” Yes to the first question. Not sure how nonempty got in the…