Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• You have to grow the partition then the filesystem. There is no way to resize the partition while it is mounted. Your best bet is to unmount it and use parted to resize the partition then use resize2fs to resize it (xfs is a bit different). If you can't unmount it, boot gparted live or systemrescuecd on the VM and resize the partition and filesystem.

• Quote from cipherbreak: “Why? This is essential for the correct functionality of application data on a mounted file system, including Plex. Otherwise, users must manually make changes on /etc/fstab. ” Manually changing fstab will be overwritten. just change the mntent entry in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Quote from Stoker: “I never worked with Docker, is there a tutorial how to install and work with jdownloader in a Docker Container? ” Maybe not jdownloader but every other file sharing service is here - OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

• 'systemctl edit' not implemented ?

ryecoaaron - - General

systemd on omv 3.x is too old for the edit function. What you did is correct but you probably need to reload the systemctl daemon with systemctl daemon-reload. If that doesnt work, there must be an issue with the parameters in the override file.

• xrdp service does not start anymore

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Fredouil: “which plugin should I uninstall? ” The remotedesktop plugin is the only plugin that installs it. If you installed it on your own, then maybe just uninstall and install the xrdp package.

• Quote from David B: “Because sometimes it is necessary for me to pull one of my hard drives and attach them to a computer running Windows. ” The idea of a NAS is that you don't have to do that. Why can't you transfer from the NAS? Quote from David B: “Yes, but OMV is Linux, so surely it is possible to format a drive for NTFS. ” Possible, yes. Wipe the drive, create a partition with the correct id, use mkfs to format. Desired in OMV web interface, no. Non-posix filesystems cause problems.

• Quote from Massimo: “I appreciate Clonezilla too, but it's not very practical, cause U have to shut down the server. I'm trying "rear relax & recover" and it seems to be working fine, but I'm concerned about the possibilities of system damage when OMV was in production. Snapshots seem to be a reacheable goal for the new free VEEAM lunux backup. Did U try one of these or another backup for live systems? ” Most of my OMV installs are on VMware. So, I can snpashot them from vCenter. On my physical …

• My new OMV Machine

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Looks good. Clean wiring. Not sure where you could find a blanking plate. Found plenty of atx plates but not the 1U/mini itx size. I guess you could cut up the old psu to make one.

• Quote from Massimo: “take a system snapshot, so than I can go back if something goes wrong (like it was a VM); is than possible somehow? ” Yes. Clonezilla will clone the hard drive to either another hard drive or storage on another system. Quote from Massimo: “have a system disk backup for disaster recovery: I saw the plugin "backup" and I'm asking: in case of emergency can I make a fresh install of OMV3 on a new hd/ssd and simply (re)copy all the backupped files to the new sys disk? Is that eno…

• xrdp service does not start anymore

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin from the Plugin tab?

• That plugin hasn't been maintained in a while and the author recommends moving to docker.

• OMV 4.x | OpenVPN | iptables

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from andremadar: “However, the Teamviewer Host plugin for OMV4 seemed flaky, it was having some problems accepting connections. Sometimes I could connect, but other times my Windows client would tell me oh so helpfully that it couldn't connect, for an "unknown reason." ” This has nothing to do with the plugin. Must be an issue with the teamviewer host package since the plugin installs the package the same you did. You installed the full teamviewer package which includes the viewer as well.…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Can you please another time replace 3 OMV images (and add one): ” Done.

• Virtual CIFS server

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

You could probably use the Docker plugin to accomplish this.

• This isn't an OS level vulnerability. It is a hardware vulnerability. You should update your bios from your motherboard vendor.

• Quote from siulman: “uninstalling the pluggins that I had in OMV is a clean process right? ” yep.

• Quote from siulman: “If I follow that logic, I should also uninstall transmission an install it in docker right? ” Personally, I would use docker for any of the file sharing services (plex and emby too) because it keeps the cruft out of your OS and keeps them in a jail to limit damage they could do to your system.

• Quote from siulman: “adding it as a custom repo didn’t work for me and that’s why I added it to my souce.list ” Then something was done wrong because omv-extras should create the same entry that you added to sources.list but in a different file. Quote from siulman: “Is it better to remove it? ” If you remove it, you won't get updates. If you can't get it to work in omv-extras, just move the entry to its own file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ Quote from siulman: “I gues now Mono is updated I can sa…

• Quote from siulman: “I tested in docker and works well, even if I am under the impression it's more resource consumming... ” Docker consumes very little additional resources. Quote from siulman: “Do you think I should keep the mono repo in my source.list or should I delete it now that I have updated the version? ” I would never put any non-debian repos in /etc/apt/sources.list. Adding it as a custom repo in omv-extras should work just fine. Just to warn, sonarr will probably not have a plugin in…

• Vulnerability Audit

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from KeremE: “Do you think there would be nay side effects so the shares are not accessible to network users ? ” guest account = nobody is already set in the smb.conf for omv. Setting restrict anonymous would break the feature that some people want so shares can be accessed by anonymous users. Will it affect your setup? Try it.