Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 472.

• OMV Fail disk raid

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Hi, you didn´t write which Raid Level you have configured? I assume that the HP array utility can be accessed after POST in the BIOS. Did you have a look into that? Normally it should tell you the Raid Level and which drive has failed. If you have a raid level with redundancy (Raid 1, Raid 5....) a single failed drive should be no problem. Also in the HP utility there should be an option to rebuild the array after changing the faulty drive. Nevertheless you should then still be able to see your …

• Issue on usb backup configuration

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from CarstenK: “Since there is no job shown on the GUI, how can I remove existing jobs? ” Maybe somewhere in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml? At least there is a <usbbackup> tag. <usbbackup> <jobs> <job> But I don´t know exactely which lines are to be removed. Please make a backup copy before editing this file. Another way is to ask @votdev or @ryecoaaron . AFAIK either one has written it.

• Issue on usb backup configuration

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Hi, is this an old usb backup job which you have had before you have updated the OMV version? From which version do you have updated? Since OMV 3.0.7? disk-uuid is no more used to detect a disk. So it might help if you delete your old backup job and create it new from scratch.

• Einzige Festplatte nicht nutzbar

cabrio_leo - - General

Die OMV-Installation überschreibt die Festplatte komplett. Daher muss man nachträglich die Festplatte umpartitionieren, wenn man eine Datenpartition auf dem bootlaufwerk haben will. Ich habe dazu Gparted benutzt. Prinzipiell geht das also schon.

• Quote from 71CHi2OOeuF2: “Can we get the packet maintainer on board? Maybe there is a reason that things are done the way they are now... ” I assume this is a functionality of the "basic" OMV system. So the maintainer should be @votdev. The official way would be to create a ticket at bugtracker.openmediavault.org

• Quote from vshaulsk: “What do you mean avoid "export" ? Why would I export the pool ? ” This is related to the "Export"-button in the plugin. AFAIK the ZFS export is the equivalent to a file system unmount. Normally an export is necessary if all ZFS file systems shall be unmounted. Usually it is usefull if a pool shall be transferred from one physical machine to another or between different operating systems.

• There are some other drawbacks of the ZFS plugin, which should be known. - The drives already used for ZFS are still shown as available in several selection boxes in OMV. This drives shouldn´t be touched at all. - In any case avoid an "Export" of the pool after creating shared folders, CIFS/SMB shares a.s.o., because this breaks the configuration. All creation of shares, USB backup jobs and other things which are related to the ZFS pool must then be done again.

• Quote from vshaulsk: “Thought about switching to FreeNas for this build as ZFS is native, but I really like all the plugins in OMV and I am way more familiar. ” The ZFS integration in FreeNAS has way more possibilites than the ZFS plugin in OMV. With the ZFS plugin only basic tasks are possible (e.g creating a pool, creating ZFS file system, creating a (single) snapshot). More sophisticated tasks like scheduled snapshots are not supported. Other task do not work reliable or with an error message…

• Connecting through LAN

cabrio_leo - - Network

Quote from denpa999: “What I am trying to achieve is connecting a machine running OMV to my PC using an ethernet cable. If I try to do this, my PC simply sees it as an undentified network. I also get an error, ''Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration''. Windows 7. ” Quote from tkaiser: “On the OMV server after installing the avahi-autoipd package everything should work as expected. But no idea how recent Windows deals with ZeroConf stuff. ” How do you feel about using static…

• Quote from daveinfla: “How about UPS support? Is there a plug-in for monitoring and automatic shutdown? I have a APC 1500VA on my primary server, however it's USB based. Is there a Windows utility that would report to the OMV box allowing it to auto shutdown? Or should I just use a separate UPS for the OMV server? ” For OMV there is the NUT-Plugin available, which is for monitoring and automatic shutdown of the OMV box. To use the UPS for both servers you have to do some things: 1. Connect the p…

• Urbackup Server Plugin Update

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Thank you @tkaiser for the explanation of your approach. Quote from tkaiser: “My OMV installations live on SD cards, the filesystem of choice is btrfs ” Ok, I understand. You are using btrfs for the root file system. Therefore you are able to take snapshots of it. But how do you bring btrfs to the root file system? I am not sure (I didn´t remember) if there is a possibility to select it during the (standard) installation of OMV (I hope I am not mistaken).

• UPS Nut remote monitoring

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from az69ms1: “I did it ” Congratulations. So please set the thread state to "solved". You can do this with "Enhanced edit" or "Enhanced reply" (Didn´t have an Englisch forum user interface here).

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from flmaxey: “I update one of them and wait a few weeks before updating the 2nd drive, ” Hi @flmaxey but which one do you use in the meantime? The updated one or the old one? And how do you handle configuration changes of OMV which you have made to the thumb drive currently in use? I also can go back to an older Clonezilla image, but all intermediate changes then are lost (like creating new shares, modify access rights, changed plugin configuration and so on). The absence of a supported p…

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Now it becomes difficult for me to find the right words for a reply as a non native English speaker. So please be lenient with me. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Do you not think I justified my reasoning especially in my last paragraph? ” Yes, you justified it more than enough. Quote from ryecoaaron: “I'm not trying to be butthead ” Of course I do not think so too! On the contrary. Quote from ryecoaaron: “You should always run the latest version of OMV and plugins. ” I am not a friend of a system which…

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from az69ms1: “which one is it standard? ” Look at /etc/nut/upsd.conf: 3493 (maybe, I have not tested it yet)

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “this is a terrible idea. ” Clear words Quote from ryecoaaron: “...(and a nightmare to maintain) ” I agree, you´re probably right.

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I really need to stop updating OMV 3 packages... ” That would be really sad, at least as long as OMV 4 is not yet tagged as "stable". I don´t want to be a continous beta tester. Nevertheless I can understand your motivations. I would appreciate it if there would be a possibility to install a specific (older) plugin version which matches to a OMV major version to avoid such problems named in this thread here. But in the WebUI it is only possible to update to a version whic…

• Error after restart

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from XRedShark: “OMV 4. ” OMV 4 is tagged as "pre-alpha". That should give you a food for thought. Personally I would not use it for important data, even with a working backup. So hopefully you are not suggesting that all of your data is only on this RAID 5 system?

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from az69ms1: “How to connect pfsense nut service to OMV UPS? ” I don´t know pfsense. Did you have a nut client there? Did you activate "Remote monitoring" in the nut plugin?

• Freigabe Löschen nicht möglich

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from pedasen: “Vielen Dank! ” Freut mich! Gerngeschehen.