Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from FireFlower: “Msata drives are not cheap, buy minipcie to 2x sata 3Gbps controller cards from aliexpress. ” Wow, this is the weirdest thread I've ever seen. It gets even more weird What should people do with a 'minipcie to 2x sata 3Gbps controller card' in contrast to mSATA? Should they insert it into a mSATA socket to be sure it will not work at all?

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser - - Announcements

Fully compatible HC2 dev sample just arrived: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-o…ab=comments#comment-45690 HC1_HC2.jpg

• Rp3b and wifi, not working?

tkaiser - - Network

Just read the post directly above your post and you see what you need to resolve this problem on your side. You need Ethernet connection and patience on first boot! forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/20792 My try on resolving this issue is proposing to delete the RPi image entirely and stop supporting this crappy platform

• My only ideas are then checking download integrity (Md5/SHA1 values on download page) and using Hardkernel's Ubuntu image with 4.14 kernel and see whether this works. If images using the old 3.x kernel work while those with 4.x don't it might be also a power supply issue (I hope you already tried booting with disconnected SATA disk?)

• HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

tkaiser - - Network

What about led behaviour? The red one should light solid and the blue one starting to do 'heartbeat' blinking as soon as the kernel loads. Details: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-odroid-hc1-hc2/

• "Missing" RAID filesystem

tkaiser - - RAID

Similar issues only occurring with 4.13: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2376227&page=3 Which drives are these two?

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser - - Announcements

Well, nand-sata-install needs a lot of adjustments but most probably we'll write a new tool from scratch and drop all the unnecessary backwards compatibility that makes touching this tool a PITA. Current version of the tool can not transfer btrfs to ext4 but this should be already workarounded upstream (only allowing btrfs as destination when source is also btrfs). Did you do an 'apt upgrade' before? And please keep in mind how the eMMC is seated. Tiny contacts needing full contact and even litt…

• Please see 3rd link in post #6 above. It's more or less the same but if an OMV image is available and you happen to run off a slow SD card choosing the OMV image over the armbian-config variant is a lot faster since 'installing software' is a random IO storage pattern and here only a few SD cards are really good: forum.armbian.com/topic/954-sd-card-performance/

• Just 3 remarks: - making a mirror out of 2 identical SSD is a really bad idea since the reasons why SSD are failing are more or less predictable (firmware errors happening at almost the same time or wearing out at the same time). With such an SSD mirror the chance that both disks fail at almost the same moment is pretty good - ZoL vs 'native ZFS'? Huh? In case your CPUs or PCH support Intel's QuickAssist Technology (QAT) to my knowledge situation with ZoL currently is better as on all other plat…

• just as a reference (should not be necessary). Serial console means this: linux-sunxi.org/UART

• I can't answer questions wrt 'external disks' since I avoid these based on all those unnecessary problems associated with this. What's important is the used SATA bridge chip and its firmware and with all those already assembled disk enclosures you never know (and can not even trust in anything you find on the net since the 'same' product can be based on something entirely different in the meantime) Wrt setting up such an ARM OMV box all you have to take care of is a good/genuine SD card, a relia…

• If you then run into troubles again think about what's written above. Please also forget about amperage ratings. A RPi 3 is not able to consume more than 1.5A and so you will either run in undercurrent but more probably in undervoltage troubles. I really hate those RPi 'engineers' for their stupid decision to remain with this crappy Micro USB powering since they're responsible for this problem spreading even more and more: cnx-software.com/2017/12/05/li…wdfunding/#comment-549660

• There's only one Raspberry displayed so why are you talking about using a RPi 2 (4 CPU cores)? What you're trying will not work. The recent image is only for RPi 2 and above but you use an RPi B or B+. That's why the kernel panics and displays the reason too (BCM2385 instead of BCM2836/BCM2837)

• Quote from Joe_PS: “What about the others? ” sourceforge.net/projects/openm…es/Other%20armhf%20images but you can choose any board Armbian supports and then use armbian-config to install OMV with all the needed performance and reliability tweaks. It's choosing a Debian Armbian image (Ubuntu won't do) and then armbian-config --> Software --> Softy --> Install OMV.

• Quote from akoller: “Verwendung der Brennfunktion ” Wenn das das eigentliche Ziel ist, würde ich die nächsten Schritte in diese Richtung machen: incentivespro.com/usb-server.html Quote from akoller: “2 Festplatten als raid1 für Daten ” Nebenbei: Schade, weil weitestgehend sinnfrei

• Connecting through LAN

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from denpa999: “I'm just curious whether a set up like this is possible. ” It is possible but without some knowledge about the various protocol layers involved the easy way would be to not change the topology and if performance is a concern adding a small and dumb GbE switch to the setup (connected to the router and both hosts). With two network cards in your Windows box you can one connect to the router and use the other with APIPA. If there's something in Windows like in macOS then it wo…

• Connecting through LAN

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from jollyrogr: “crossover cable? ” Not needed if at least one host is Gigabit Ethernet capable since Auto MDI-X is part of the specs (which hopefully is the case since at least a decade now)

• Connecting through LAN

tkaiser - - Network

Both Linux and Windows can work fine without a DHCP server, this was called APIPA last century and is currently known as 'ZeroConf': support.microsoft.com/help/220…ing-without-a-dhcp-server In case there's no DHCP server and both devices are directly connected they choose both an IP address in the 169.254.0.0/16 range and can access each other. Problem is: How do they find them. Next problem: I know close to nothing about Windows as client so can't help here. On the OMV server after installing t…

• Quote from David B: “What file system would be best for doing this sort of thing? ” As written above: Any POSIX compliant filesystem, that's basically all those OMV 'allows' to use (ext4, XFS, btrfs, ZFS -- for the latter you need to install the ZFS plugin and maybe that's nothing for filesystem novices)

• Quote from macom: “Taking the small power consumption into account, why not keep it running 24/7 and just idle the hard drive? ” Often not possible (one of the many downsides of USB attached storage -- you need to know which USB-to-SATA bridge is in the enclosure and you need to know whether the firmware allows for full access or not -- most recent example why firmware upgrades might be necessary... something I doubt ever happens with WD or Seagate external disks). So I would do a web search for…