Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• Hi, I'm posting here because the topic of the thread matches what I'm currently doing. In the process of migrating from OMV2 to OMV3 I've decided to go virtual with Proxmox. I'm going to document my steps with as much detail as possible in case someone wants to point out something I'm doing wrong or a better option. I'm using PVE 5.1-36 with kernel 4.13.8-2-pve. I've installed OMV3 in a VM with a 32GB virtual drive (SCSI-VirtIO single with iothread -- it's my understanding this is the most perfo…

• Can't mount new EXT4 partition

Skello - - General

I finally solved it! I figured I need to solve the inability to unmount the primary /dev/sdc1 partition first. I stopped NFS, Transmission and anything else that was using that partition, but could not delete the shared folder configured on it. It simply didn't have the active delete button. So I figured "OK then, I'll edit the shared folder and assign it to a different partition temporarily." Once I did that, the Unmount button appeared for /dev/sdc1 and I could unmount the partition without a …

Skello - - General

Thanks for answering subzero79. I have tried the backports kernel, but no luck. Still can't mount it. I used GParted Live to remove the partition and then create it as unformatted, but for some reason it still formats it as ext4 and assigns the previous label. I then selected "cleared" instead of "unformatted" as file system. OMV doesn't see it under "File Systems," but another problem is that if I hit "Create" I can't select any HDD from the "select a device" dropdown list. For a brief second i…

Skello - - General

Hello, So here's the background and my problem. I had a 3TB USB3.0 hard drive with a single EXT4 partition that was attached to a Linux-based embedded device (router). I attached this hard disk to OMV some time ago and the partition mounted. The were some sort of warning in the interface, but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, the partition was mounted and got mounted at each reboot since. For all intents and purposes it functioned properly, the only problem being that when I select it in the…

• Thanks. Rsync does sound like the easiest option. Is it also the most performant of the three? If I want encryption with LUKS, I guess I'll have to encrypt the partitions separately.

• Hi everyone, I'm new to OMV. I'm using it on a rig that's not that powerful: a FUJITSU SIEMENS ESPRIMO E5730 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz 2GB DDR2 800Mhz 1 x Gigabit LAN 1 x 80GB WD HDD -- OMV installation 1 x 1TB Samsung HDD -- two 500GB NTFS partitions 1 x 3TB WD HDD -- one ext4 partition The 3TB WD HDD is an external USB3.0 HDD connected to a USB3-PCI Express card as the motherboard didn't have native USB3.0 chipset. I'm looking for help/suggestions regarding the best options to achie…

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

Skello - - Plugins

I performed: apt-get purge openmediavault-snapraid and now the interface works again! Might be a conflict with a different plug-in?

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

Skello - - Plugins

Hi, Thanks for answering. It is weird though that it happened right after the plug-in install process, when it said something like the page needs to reload. Here is the output: ii openmediavault 2.2.4 all Open network attached storage solution ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 2.4 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.13.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for Open…

• Hello, First off, I'm new to OMV. I have some experience with Linux and the command line, but I wouldn't consider myself an advanced user. My problem is as follows: I'm running OMV 2.2.4 with the OMV-Extras repository installed. Today I installed the SnapRAID plug-in from the repository through the web interface. The process said Done, but when it attempted to reload the Web page, it came back empty. I though it might be a browser cache issue, so I tried in an Incognito tab. I get to the login s…