Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 230.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from siulman: “If I follow that logic, I should also uninstall transmission an install it in docker right? ” Personally, I would use docker for any of the file sharing services (plex and emby too) because it keeps the cruft out of your OS and keeps them in a jail to limit damage they could do to your system. ” All right, I'll do that. But... and maybe this is more a question for Docker guys, but how do I ensure updates on the docker pluggins? How do you "restart" pr…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from siulman: “adding it as a custom repo didn’t work for me and that’s why I added it to my souce.list ” Then something was done wrong because omv-extras should create the same entry that you added to sources.list but in a different file. Quote from siulman: “Is it better to remove it? ” If you remove it, you won't get updates. If you can't get it to work in omv-extras, just move the entry to its own file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ Quote from siulman: “I gues now …

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from siulman: “I tested in docker and works well, even if I am under the impression it's more resource consumming... ” Docker consumes very little additional resources.Quote from siulman: “Do you think I should keep the mono repo in my source.list or should I delete it now that I have updated the version? ” I would never put any non-debian repos in /etc/apt/sources.list. Adding it as a custom repo in omv-extras should work just fine. Just to warn, sonarr will probab…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from siulman: “Could you tell us why adding the "mono" repo is not allowing us to "upgrade"? ” Other than I wish people wouldn't use the mono-project repos? I honestly don't remember. The mono packages are available in the Debian repos. Yes, they are older. If a program needs newer mono versions, I really think a docker is the best place to do that.Quote from siulman: “Did you have time to improve something? ” Considering I wrote that post almost eight months ago an…

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “I use WD red drives in my system too and was always getting emails about load average when doing a snapraid sync or scrub so I disabled notifications for load average. ” Thank you very much for this comment man! This comforts me! My 2 cents: WD Reds are disks made for NAS with low speed an power consumption (5400). So it’s not surprising the CPU is quicker and needs to wait for the disk... I just disabled the notifications too.

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

Great! so my post was useful after all! how will this be released? just an update from GUI? Thanks!

• Hi @ryecoaaron, sorry to bother you again, it's just I am still facing issues from the OMV2 upgrade... I am seeing this one is already identifyed. Could you tell us why adding the "mono" repo is not allowing us to "upgrade"? Quoting you: Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from wolffstarr: “ ” I need to re-work how external repos are added to omv-extras. My current method is hard to maintain. I will say that this problem comes up every time the Debian version OMV is using starts to get old. Apps not i…

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from siulman: “That was even worse in CPU than before... ” Huh? Did you read what I wrote above and what my link tries to explain: Linux for whatever reasons adds the time a CPU spends on waiting for disks to 'average load'. So while this 'average load' is a pretty questionable concept in general on Linux it's highly misleading and should never be confused with CPU utilization. You still have a problem with %iowait but I can't tell you why. Just did a quick check on a …

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

And last test... from sdc to sdb, different direction. They are both WD Red, same disks. What I still don't understand is the "CPU Usage" in the GUI that goes up when apparently it's ok on HTOP.... I am talking about the "CPU usage" green bar I've just received this e-mail. Could this explain something? This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on: host name: omv DNS domain: lupilan.com The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD3…

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

@tkaiser, Either sdf1 (hdd 2.5 usb3) or sdc (WD Red 3.5 SATA) are ok in terms of attribute 199. The value is 0 and not increasing. The copy was being done from sdf1 --> sdc. However, sdf1 seems to have some reallocated sector with a value of "16".This one does not seems to increase. I have already noticed it for a long time now. image.png That being said, I redid the test from sda (SSD) to sdc (WD Red 3.5 Sata) again and see the difference, here are the results... That was even worse in CPU than…

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from siulman: “Can someone bring some clarity? ” Sure, you confuse 'average load' with CPU utilization. Waiting for IO on Linux counts to average load for whatever reasons so you simply spotted a storage bottleneck. Easy to test: Source Code (2 lines)You'll see high %iowait values and that's an indication for low performing storage and also the reason why average load increases when you do something IO related. ” Hello @tkaiser, thanks for your response. Could you then…

• CPU wrong values?

siulman - - General

Hello guys, I just did a fresh install of omv3 and everytime I am doing small simple tasks like a "CP" or "Rsync", I am receiving e-mails from the system: Monit alert -- loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=2.0] (this is from the screenshot below) I have a proliant g8 microserver, I know it's a Celeron but still...it shouldn't be so impacted by a "CP"... should it? The thing is... I have compared "htop" values with the values showed in GUI and they are not aligned... Can someone …

• Transmission doesnt download torrents

siulman - - Plugins

Quote from doman18: “This is really pisses me off. I installed OMV recently and i have minor or major problems with almost every thing i want to setup. Now i have with transmission. It just doesnt download files. Heres my config. I added INPUT rule for my private tracker because it demands it and it works. But not sure should i add OUTPUT rule as well. Anyway this Ubuntu i downloaded from public tracker so it should download it anyway. forum.openmediavault.org/index…e9135232c1d3d830f87f0d757foru…

• Hello, +1 with the same issue with Sonarr and fresh OMV3 install. I have added the new package in my /etc/apt/sources.list: Source Code (2 lines) But then... when trying to update/upgrade from GUI, I get this error: Source Code (48 lines)

• Can't start virtualbox on omv3

siulman - - General

Quote from siulman: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Whatever wipe you did must have skipped the mbr. So update-grub is still picking up the old info. I wouldnt worry about it. doing something wrong would cause a lot more problems. ” Understood, so my primary system is clean, it’s just the MBR of my /dev/sda SSD. That’s curious.... Maybe I can copy the content (virtualbox VMs) to a temporary folder of another hard drive, re-wipe it, and then re-copy the VMs? I am obssessed by having it clean... lol ” Qu…

siulman - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Whatever wipe you did must have skipped the mbr. So update-grub is still picking up the old info. I wouldnt worry about it. doing something wrong would cause a lot more problems. ” Understood, so my primary system is clean, it’s just the MBR of my /dev/sda SSD. That’s curious.... Maybe I can copy the content (virtualbox VMs) to a temporary folder of another hard drive, re-wipe it, and then re-copy the VMs? I am obssessed by having it clean... lol

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “If they are new usb sticks and you use the flashmemory plugin, they might be better. I’ve seen flash fail before smart would report it. So I dont waste my time with smart. ” Ok then, I am rolling back to usb stick with “flash memory” plugin as I have some of them at home and it would be easier and quicker to replace one 4G or 8G usb stick by another one 4G or 8G with clonezilla than replacing an HDD 2.5 150Gigs by an USB stick 4G/8G. I could even keep one “backup stick” p…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Relocating sectors can be done for many reasons. I cant measure risk for you but I wouldnt use it for an important system. I might use it for a test system. ” Understood... Would it be less risky to go back to one of the USBs sticks that I have at home? The SMART does not work on flash drives so I would never now the potential failure...

siulman - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ssd or usb stick doesnt matter. Has it ever been used as a linux/omv boot drive? grub says the other kernel is on sda1 and that is what the ssd is. ” Indeed! The SSD was my OMV drive before migrating to the HDD 2.5. I just decided to keep the SSD for virtualbox to optimize the performance of my VMs but I did wipe it before !!! How is it possible it kept the grub? How can I wipe this without wiping my virtualbox VMs now?

siulman - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from siulman: “Should I remove the 3.2.0 kernel that is still on my install? If yes how should I do it? ” According to your dpkg output above, the 3.2 kernel and headers are not installed on your system. ” Nop... the /dev/sda in an SSD drive plugged in my first sata slot just used as a “shared folder” dedicated to virtualbox VMs to take benefict from the quick disk.... it’s not an usb stick with an OS on it...