Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

• Ok I will have to do a bit of reading mate but you have given me some great tips and direction. FIY I followed info in this thread [[url='https://forum.openmedia…RSync, Greyhole or other?] as an alternative to raid (which is why I have 1 drive backing up to the next)

• Ok Nibb I think I’m getting my head around this. Just a couple more questions. If the os drive fails, will the pool work with a clean reinstall? If one disk fills up eg. Plex drive, will data going on next drive maintain the same folder structure (if I where to look at individual drives)? Lastly, if everything appears as one single disk what about backup copies of files . E.g I have my Aperture photo library backed up on my two 6tb (using rsync ) from my Mac. Cheers again

• Thanks for the reply Nibb. My microserver has 4 bays plus an icy dock (2 drives, one for the os and 1 I have used for offsite backup, swap this out). I can’t remember the last time I rotated the offsite disk (mainly don’t use it by it won’t fit all the data, it is a 3tb drive). I will take a look at union fs.... but I would still need to copy the data ? Can you easily keep track of what folders are on what drive with union file systems? I’m worried it might confuse me

• Hello, Just want some feedback please. I am running out of space quick-fast in my micro server and have purchased larger hard drives. I have 1x 8tb drive for media (including plex database), 1x 8tb for downloads, 1x 6tb for backup (photos, home videos, documents e.t.c.) and lastly 1x 6b drive (a backup of my other 6tb drive via rsync). I was going to shuffle my drives around (purchase 2 10tb drives, move the 2x 8tb drives to them and then use my 8tb drives as my backup drives (copy data from the…

• Looking forward to this arriving! I actually forgot I ordered one until this thread popped up again!

• NAS - Media Server

iNTiGOD - - My NAS Build

Hey there. The hardware looks good. Will easily run plex and be great for a storage server. You mentioned you want a backup of documents, pictures etc.... one thing I have learned from around here is that RAID doesn't equal a backup. It only provides file availability which in my opinion isn't important for home use. I myself use OMV for plex (and I use a RPI for the media player) and as a backup file server. My important data is backed up from my Mac (and externals) to OMV (via chronosync), the…

• OS Drive almost full due to Docker

iNTiGOD - - Plugins

A big thanks to the guys that have been working on docker. You can now clear log files easily using the OMV webui

• I struggled to get pihole working with docker and ended up getting a rpi zero w. Would love to see a step by step guide though.

• Beginners questions

iNTiGOD - - General

From google. "Use tab to auto complete commands in the command line. When at the MS-DOS, Windows command line, or a Linux or Unix shell typing in long file names or directories can become a burden. Use the tab key to auto complete the names of directories and files while in the command line."

• Running Pi-hole docker, anyone?

iNTiGOD - - Plugins

Quote from raulfg3: “HowTo [HOWTO] Install Pi-Hole” Thanks raulfg3 I did see the guide but I do like the idea of running pi-hole in docker only.

• Running Pi-hole docker, anyone?

iNTiGOD - - Plugins

Quote from Krisbee: “Quote from subzero79: “Just a comment, you don't need to change ports for using the convenience of port 80. Reverse proxy (nginx) can redirect every request depending on the domain to another port silently. Also if you want to use docker with you home lan you can create a docker macvlan type network. So you don't have to masquerade or use a static route. The only caveat of this is that host-container net communication IS NOT POSSIBLE. For this case (pi-hole) I guess that doe…

• Access shared folders via command line?

iNTiGOD - - General

Quote from mens: “Thanks! There is it :)” I banged my head against the wall for ages when I reinstalled omv 3 from omv 2 not being aware of the shift from /media to /srv . Glad you're sorted.

• Try look in /srv

• HP Microserver

iNTiGOD - - Off-Topic

I use an n40L for OMV. Does the job nicely for me (I have squeezed in 6 hdds). Keep in mind this is running an AMD cpu so the i3 won't work unless you switch the motherboard. How cheap are these going for as it is quite an old micro server? Keep the info coming!

• Communication Failure - File Systems

iNTiGOD - - General

Hmmm. Have you tried the browser in incognito mode or cleared the cache?

• Communication Failure - File Systems

iNTiGOD - - General

Have you set up the firewall within OMV? I received the same error when I incorrectly configured a rule for iptables.

• Quote from gueschmid: “@iNTiGOD Are you from Europe. Du you think it will have a CE Sign? Do you thinking of getting it through ZOLL? This is why I never backed or preordered anything from ASIA or America. We will see, what happen.” I'm not sure what CE means? I'm in Australia.

• I have turned off "Don't do :hex translation for dot files." within the appletalk plugin for all my shares except the one hosting timemachine and also my aperture photo library backup. It seems to have greatly reduced the error above.

• Hello, I am getting a constant error within syslog (every second or so). Source Code (1 line)I'm really not sure what i've done wrong as I have been using the appletalk plugin for sometime without noticing this problem. I currently access my OMV shares on my imac using the appletalk plugin (afp?) and not SMB and I also have one share setup for time machine backups. All my shares have default options for the appletalk plugin set (except for timemachine share) but I have noticed they all have "use…

• stop ACL definitly

iNTiGOD - - General

Quote from jerome___: “Quote from subzero79: “You can flush ACL present in your disk by using the command line. After that just simply don't use it, stick to basic posix permission and privileges if you use samba, ftp and/or netatalk. I think you should be able to disable at all the button by suoressing the acl option for your drive in fstab. ” ok, yes, i will do that for wash all these dirty things stick my datas,then i will move far from OMV definitly. I'm not happy with this ACL obligations a…