Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• 2TB HDD died on me

subzero79 - - General

Quote from OctavioMaia: “Can I simply move the files over to a new one? Using the mv command? ” You can do that. But also there is no guarantee some data is corrupted already. Lots of sectors unrecoverable

• 2TB HDD died on me

subzero79 - - General

Disk is not usable anymore. Recover as much data as you can and throw it to the rubbish or use it as paper weight.

• More up to date base software (Debian. Under the hood for Omv hasn’t been to much improvement.

• you can install stretch if you want. But omv4 is still in beta.i think Everything works but sometimes you can encounter bugs.

• Don’t know what to tell you. Is the system completely up to date ? I would recommend you then try to install plain Debian from iso. Install all the Debian updates and finally install Omv on top. Use the netinst iso or full one just select ssh server nothing else, no desktop anything. Make sure also data disks are disconnected to avoid any overwrite or format mistake.

• There is a fix in the forum involves renaming a file. Take look here forum.openmediavault.org/index…337-Samba-does-not-start/ Report back if it is works now the daemon with systemd

• Lots of errors but at the end looks like is working.if you leave it running can you access the shares with \\ipnas from windows?

• You can then run manually smbd -F -d 3 -S Let’s see if some error comes

• planned tasks not running

subzero79 - - General

Quote from Firefly: “ ./home/mysqldump.sh ” I don't get this, why not just the absolute path /home/mysqldump.sh

• How old is this usb stick where Omv runs ?

• 'systemctl edit' not implemented ?

subzero79 - - General

Quote from jaym: “What am I doing wrong ? ” depends on the systemd version. default jessie doesn't have it, backport one yes. But the drop in folder still works if you do it manually

• 2TB HDD died on me

subzero79 - - General

There is a sw call testdisk/photorec that helps for recover data. Be aware only recovers files, not names or folder but it does group them by type. You need another spare disk or enough space to put all the recovered files.

• wipefs 100% CPU usage?

subzero79 - - General

Quote from ashutoshostwal: “Quote from subzero79: “Did you have ssh enabled with password exposed to the internet? ” I am having the same issue with my azure instances ,wipefs uses more than 150% of memory with ywmxdvokrt named process sitting next to it which is basically a script to run always .help me to resolve the issue . ” Reinstall

• Samba is not starting for some reason. Last try if the unit was masked should said something. systemctl unmask smbd Try start again. Also is the system running in a flash media or similar ?

• From the output of ps uax seems like smbd is not running. Also systemctl should said running, not exited. What happens if you start manually systemctl start smbd

• The smb.conf looks ok, except it doesnt have any privileges set up (login control access). Go to shared folder section and select these folders and add some users you want to allow access. To discard any dns issues just the ip address of omv in win10 in the location bar \\IPNAS Also as it has been mentioned in several forums w10 recently deactivated smb1 support in an update. So maybe add server min protocol = SMB2 in the extra options in general

subzero79 - - General

Then check the syslog at midnight time stamp. There should be an entry with cron prefix. Also enable the mail output see if any errors comes up. Also can you post the script here ?

subzero79 - - General

The daily set in scheduled tasks is based on cron not anacron. This means of the server is off at midnight the daily task won’t run. Is your server set up in an on/off basis?

• Is normal, leftover volumes sometimes, others is the logfile of the container stdout writing to the disk, dangling images. You can run a cleanup with docker system prune For volumes is docker volumes prune There is no info on how to see if the log file has reach a massive size. But docker inspect containername can tell you where the file is located and check it for your self.

• Yes. But also the rsync server must have modules configured to receive data. Modules are the equivalent of shared folders. You can give them a password. Omv rsyncd has support for this if you look at the server section of rsync.