Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 349.

• Samba AD/DC integration

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I need to clean the other thread and put in some other links and then pin it. Keep thinking I will get to it. sssd seems to be what works for me and I have done it many ways over the years. I am guessing people higher up are working to automate it more. My cold is getting worse so I am going to bed. I will add more tomorrow.

donh - - CIFS/SMB

It has worked like that for years. The current ldap plugin works like that also. There is nothing wrong with it either. If you know all the info and where to put it, it's fine. Just search here and around the web to see how many have problems. Google will return many thousands. sssd and realmd were made to help this by automating at least some of it. This should make it easier for casual users and be easier to support. If I had the skill to write a plugin I would. The script is a crude attempt t…

• "Missing" RAID filesystem

donh - - RAID

Is the disk partitioned gpt or mbr?

donh - - RAID

Quote from votdev: “Quote from mateuxp: “Anyone any ideas? Maybe I should create a bug in some system? ” This is useless because i can only repeat myself, if the file system is not detected by 'blkid' then OMV does also not know about it. ” So the question should be why does it not show up in blkid and why does it show up in other tools. Is that why the man page of blkid recommends using lsblk instead?

• Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I did not have any luck with realmd. May just be my system tho. May be upgrading to 2012 soon so will try with that.

• Do you have any plugins that are not supported in 3.x?

• Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Glad you got it going. Have you seen this thread? forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ There is a script you can try if you have a spare vm. Thanks

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Look at sssd and realmd. Both are the newer way to go. realmd may work best for you. If you get a good working method please post it here. If we can get enough examples it may make into a plug in or feature. Thanks

• Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting

donh - - CIFS/SMB

To see your version of samba or any other package for that matter. dpkg -l |grep samba Source Code (1 line)I assume debian would patch this if it didn't work with 10. I don't have win10 to test with. If you find a solution I will reference it in the first post. Thanks

donh - - RAID

Does lsblk show the md? From blkid manpage. Source Code (1 line)Also df -kh seems to show file system info well.

• Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

OK Thanks!

• Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from ryecoaaron: “[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV ” So I installed 4.0.9 from here. Sourceforge Updated to current 4.0.11. Installed extras from here. Extras Updated. Enabled OMV-Extras.org Testing repoUpdated again. Installed zfs plugin. Seems to work properly. Thanks Some unfair questions. Will debian go to the 7.3 zfs? If backports gets an update to zfs will it be updated to extras repo? Thanks

• Proxmox is a good example of maintaining your own repo. The zfs stuff and kernels comes from their repo and not stock debian. I think it is probably a lot of work and the goal of omv is to not have to maintain the base repo, just the added features. I am just going to wait for it to work itself out. Thanks

• Thanks for the reply. So does that imply the upgrade script has a bug?

• First off I know this is a testing work in progress. I have been testing since very early versions. Testing is to provide feedback for the future, not bitch. Don't take it personally. We are trying to contribute also. As of two days ago, a clean 3.86 and upgrading to 4.0.9 works fine. All updated you are still at 4.9 kernel. Installing omv-extras at cli goes fine. Checking for updates shows one update. dirmngr After that is updated without any extras installed, 4.13 kernel is an available update…

• The question should be why does omv-extras force the upgrade to 4.13 kernel and can that be fixed?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from donh: “After installing dirmngr from web ui and checking for updates the 4.13 kernel shows up. ” apt-get -f install should have fixed that. ” Ether apt-get -f install or install from web ui will get past that. Installing openmediavault-zfs from the web ui causes errors. apt-get -f install shows this Source Code (27 lines)I am guessing as above it's due to the 4.13 kernel. FYI

• Ok I found out what is pushing the 4.13 key. I installed the 3.86 iso update to latest 3.x. Then omv-release-upgraded to 4.x. Updated to the 4.0.9 and still no 4.13 kernel offered. I then did wget http://omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb and dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb. After that Source Code (7 lines) After installing dirmngr from web ui and checking for updates the 4.13 kernel shows up. FYI

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from donh: “Or is there some other way to fix it so I can use zfs? ” Why can't you use zfs? Because you have the 4.13 kernel? ” Haven't tried yet. Will try in a vm when I get a chance. Thanks for submitting a pull request.

• Just to add to the confusion. I have two setups, one a test vm that has been updated from the first 4.0 was available. This one has 4.9 kernel as the latest update available. This would have had the 4.0.7 omv update run on it. The other is a machine that has run omv for many years. I decided to update it from omv 2.x to 3 or 4 and use zfs. Upgrade command to 3 ran fine but there were some problems. Decided to see what upgrading to 4 would do for fum. Still had some issues so I did a clean instal…