Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Open whatever port you want on your router for the incoming connection. Have your router then redirect it to the default port. On your LAN you can use the firewall to control access if needed.

• How to share your data across Drives with symlinks and no pooling.

• Yeah, I will. I do not have much time til the school year starts though, September. Been busy at work too. I made 25k just in the last 2 weeks of June alone. The market has been good since Obama gone.

• Plex permissions Issues

tekkb - - Plugins

The plugin is not completely installed. A dependency may be missing. What does it say when you do this command? apt-get -f install Is plexmediaserver installed? dpkg -l | grep plex Also, run this ccmmand to make sure you have a repo enabled to download the plexmediaserver package: apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

• i use Emby and Plex remotely. They work great without Kodi. You sometimes have to make adjustments on the client side, remote vs. local, but it works really well. I have not spent anytime using Kodi. I use Fire TVs (plex and emby apps) for the clients and totally satisfied with it.

• SMB Issue

tekkb - - CIFS/SMB

I would not mess with SMB through the net. I would install webmin and use the filemanager in it. The file manager will also let you correct chown and chmod, which you might have to do a lot with files transferred for a website. Port 10000 is the port that webmin uses. I do not open this port. I use OpenVPN AS to connect to my home(or remote) network. Then I use webmin normallly once connected to the remote network. Also, if you are using a amd64 cpu I would make sure you are using the OpenVPN AS…

• how to update plex media server

tekkb - - Plugins

hmm...

• Plex permissions Issues

tekkb - - Plugins

This is not a permissions issue. Your omv database may be corrupt. Did you do anything with OMV when this started happening? Give results of: dpkg -l | grep openm and omv-showkey plexmediaserver

• Most people that are running Kodi are not using Emby. Kodi is good for local use but I don't think it has all the remote (being able to watch your movies when you are away from home) functionality that Emby has.

• Plex Media Server Install help

tekkb - - Plugins

If you are installing omv extras, or a plugin, manually you should always run this after the dpkg -i command: apt-get -f install If it does not show right away then clearing your browser cache should be the next move. Also, you can verify that a package is available for download and list the repo/s it is coming from with this command. apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

• Mini DLNA Ignore my files

tekkb - - General

There has to be a problem with your share. Read the link above how to make a media share.

tekkb - - General

Fix your interface line in the config file and restart the service.

tekkb - - General

Here is how to setup a good media share: How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer It works well with Plex, Emby and MiniDLNA. You do not need acl.

tekkb - - General

Why is your interface commented out in your /etc/minidlna.conf file??? Source Code (1 line)Your config file should have the network interface set to whatever your OMV is using, there should not be #: e.g. if your OMV is eth0 network_interface=eth0 e.g. if your OMV is using eth1 network_interface=eth1

• @kentish is spot on. This "noexec" on the data drives in /etc/fstab is an issue we've seen with many things. The defaults when a data drive is added by OMV to fstab is to have it "noexec" for security purposes. If something nefarious were to get on your system this would possibly help to protect your data. With the emby plugin I moved the files that needed to be executed to the system drive and left symlinks in the location where it resided on the data disk. Hopefully I'll get this plugin update…

• Disk Referenced and cannot chown

tekkb - - General

I'm also thinking now about Plex. There was only one guy I knew of that was porting it for the RPis. He stopped working on it over a year ago. What instructions did you use to intsall plex? We see problems all the time when people are trying to use linux filesystem commands on non native linux filesystems. I would only recommend doing this on linux filesystems (e.g. ext4 or XFS).

• Setting up openvpn

tekkb - - Plugins

@ryecoaaron freeman says he has the plex repo enabled in OMV Extras for OMV 3.x. ??? @freeman32 There is a post above where I told Daniel how to do it manually. You can follow those instructions too.

• Disk Referenced and cannot chown

tekkb - - General

How is the disk formatted? If it is NTFS remember that native linux filesystem commands will not work.

• Setting up openvpn

tekkb - - Plugins

Did you enable the plex repo in OMV Extras? What is the dependency error??

• Setting up openvpn

tekkb - - Plugins

Oh, make sure you enable the plex repo in OMV Extras. If you already tried to install and got errors enable that repo and do this in command line: apt-get -f install