Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from ExRaspberry: “Maybe only etcher has problems velidating checksum? ” Seriously? If Etcher is reporting a problem it's not an Etcher problem but Etcher reporting writing failed (a hardware problem!). Only solution: throw the card away. Or suffer from strange problems later you'll attribute to 'OMV is broken' instead 'my card or writer is corrupting data'. And wrt resizing AGAIN the link: Expand root system to use all of SD card (and if you follow there the last link -- that's the blue s…

• Quote from ExRaspberry: “always searched for expanding Ext4 ” The whole issue was covered by the link I posted. The partition gets resized automagically if the SD card is large enough ('8 GB' in size at least). In case it's too small it's just deleting one file and rebooting to get resize to the full size (just read through the link and click on the links there)

• Mainboardsuggestion S-ATA + USB 3

tkaiser - - Motherboards

Quote from ExRaspberry: “But EspressoBin indeed looks nice. @tkaiser: Will it be supported by OMV officially? ” Every ARM device that is supported by Armbian can run a performant OMV variant by simply using a Debian Armbian image (Jessie --> OMV 3, Stretch --> OMV 4) and then let OMV be installed. Works flawlessly on the EspressoBin after latest fixes: Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards

• Trouble Mounting External Hard Drive

tkaiser - - General

Quote from Sieraaden: “I'm following this guide: CNET - Raspberry Pi as Cheap NAS Solution ” Bad idea since the instructions are outdated and wrong. You both should've better read/followed the readme at the download location which clearly states: Source Code (6 lines)When following this (especially the 'remain patient part') then you'll end up with a more recent kernel and all needed modules available. For logon credentials don't rely on stuff you found on the internet (this pi/raspberry stuff) …

• Quote from ExRaspberry: “So what's the trick to expand filesystem on this image? ” Expand root system to use all of SD card

• Quote from ExRaspberry: “Have spent hours with Raspbian ” Nope, you've wasted hours with one of these crappy pseudo Raspbian images that these irresponsible Banana folks still provide for reasons unknown to me (most probably only to trick unfortunate Banana customers into believing these Bananas would be compatible to Raspberries). This Banana crap is a combination of an Raspbian userland with a horribly outdated and insecure kernel with wrong settings.

• Quote from ExRaspberry: “pi@bpi-iot-ros-ai ” Seriously? You prefer one of those shitty Banana Raspbian images from the vendor over the official OMV images for your device? Well, I think you deserve the 100% unnecessary troubles you're running into

• Mainboardsuggestion S-ATA + USB 3

tkaiser - - Motherboards

Quote from ExRaspberry: “I think my BPi is broken. ” Maybe it's the PSU? Already checked? We have one Olimex A20 Lime2 server at a customer where the PSU started to die approx. 4 months ago. The voltage dropped a lot below 5V but since we operate all Lime2 server with a connected LiPo battery funnily this only lead to partially discharging the battery from time to time but the powermanagement IC and the DC-DC circuitry on this board managed to run stable up until recently. In the last weeks the …

• Ridiculously Low Write speed

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It only has a 100mbps network adapter ” And crappy Wi-Fi (most probably used here).

• OMV on Banana Pi M2 Berry

tkaiser - - General

Quote from niphja: “ich versuche mich mal an deinem Script ” This script does NOT contain any of the necessary performance optimizations for ARM boards * and does also not check the prerequisits (OMV 3 needs Jessie, OMV 4 needs Stretch). Better follow @macom suggestion. * forum.armbian.com/topic/3953-p…findComment&comment=44097

• OMV on Banana Pi M2 Berry

tkaiser - - General

Quote from niphja: “Or should I better change it to Allnet Banana Pi Pro? ” Why do you limit yourself to Bananas that share the same design flaw (crappy Micro USB for DC-IN leading to all sorts of underpowering problems)? There are a lot more interesting ARM boards out there that are way more performant than those Bananas and their crippled Allwinnner SATA (which is just the slowest SATA implementation on this planet): Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose? Wrt BPi M2 Berry: for the R40 …

• Howto install OMV on Orang Pi PC Plus?

tkaiser - - General

Quote from rene: “I was under the impression that I could install Armbian and then install OMV through Softy. ” Armbian is not a distribution but a project and a build system. Result of the build system are either Debian or Ubuntu based OS images. So choose a stable image with Jessie or Stretch in its name from armbian.com/download/ (or dl.armbian.com) and then armbian-config --> Software --> Softy --> Install OMV. Done.

• Howto install OMV on Orang Pi PC Plus?

tkaiser - - General

Quote from macom: “@tkaiser probably has a proposal ” No since it's boring to repeat over and over again that OMV relies on Debian and not Ubuntu.

• Rock64 and UASP support

tkaiser - - General

Quote from marcellom: “if everything's ok, does that means that my board is already using uasp? ” Sure. And of course maximum "NAS performance" is below maximum performance of all individual subsystems (network, disk interface, disk itself -- the majority of 2.5" HDDs is a lot slower than 90 MB/s once the disk gets filled due to ZBR)

• OMV on Udoo Quad

tkaiser - - General

Quote from Captain_Glen: “I also have a UDOO Quad and would like to run OMV on it. ” Then simply read through post #13 above, follow all the steps and you end up with OMV 3 that is easily upgradable to OMV 4 if wanted/needed.

• Rock64 and UASP support

tkaiser - - General

Quote from marcellom: “OMV works out of the box with it or I have to do something? ” OMV has nothing to do with it, this is solely a question of - USB device announcing being UAS capable (some do that aren't in reality, eg. Norelsys USB enclosures) - kernel/driver of the host in question - host settings (eg. UAS blacklisting -- currently all OMV variants for ARM boards try to blacklist everything from Norelsys, Seagate and WD) You can check whether UAS is used or the older Mass Storage protocol …

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser - - Announcements

Quote from t-fork: “It seems that mv doesn't rewrite the inode, but instead performs copy/remove which as you understand is very slow ” Can't reproduce. Can you provide output from 'sudo armbianmonitor -u' please?

• Quote from macom: “How, what, where to look ” Well, 'performance' before and after the upgrade (I highly recommend Helios' LanTest for this purpose) and then whether settings stick. Most important ones are /etc/defaults/cpufrequtils (that needs some entries in /etc/default/openmediavault -- see here for details), Samba settings and of course whether flashmemory plugin is still active or not. BTW: IIRC it was you who recommended the above script procedure to install OMV recently to a PC user? Any…

• Quote from KM0201: “under SSH, do you have "Specifies whether it is allowed to login as superuser." enabled? If I'm not mistaken, this is disabled by default... ” Of course it's disabled.

• Quote from macom: “do the tweaks you made for the images for ARM devices "survive" an upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4? ” They should survive since they're exactly the same for OMV 3 and 4. But to be honest: I went through the upgrade process maybe 50 times already but never paid attention to these settings so far So in case you give it a try it would be great if you report back (most important OMV tweaks are additional Samba settings and cpufreq stuff)