Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 34.

• Outage: omv-extras

mastro59 - - Announcements

Nothing was working, so I solved rebuilding the Boot disk..now everything seems to work fine. I bet I must have done something wrong during OMV installation. I may have mounted 3.0.26-amd64.iso to create the new boot disk now I have rebuild the disk using openmediavault_2.1_amd64.iso, and this one seems to work well... I may give a try again to install OMV 3.0.26AMD64 on another disk, just to see what happens. thanks for the help

done.... I am getting exactly the same error

Hello guys I am creating a new Boot disk...finally with AMD64 iso. everything is working except for OMV-Extras plugin installation. I have downloaded the required file: openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb uploaded to my NAS but when I install the new plugin I get an error I have never seen before (see attached jpeg) I have done this several times, so I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks Mastro59

regarding the 64 bit error I get (see attached screen shot): my laptop is an i7 64 bit, so as you say it should work with the AMD64 iso, at this point all I can think of is that the virtual machine ( oracle virtual box) I am using to create the boot disk is working at 32 bit, never though about this possibility, thanks fro the feedback.

, ok, understood...unfortunately I just discovered OMV-3.0 iso is available only for AMD64, so I can't install using my laptop based on i7 x86 processor. Question about x86 iso availability posted on proper thread. by the way ... minidnla and transmission installation worked as a charm. cheers

installing the needed plugins right now... thanks for the update.

• I wanted to give a try to OMV 3.0... but only AMD64 iso is available, so installation stops with the attached warning message. Will a released for x86 processor going to be available?

I can only thank you guys for the incredible work and amount of hours you are putting into this... without you I would not be using a NAS, or better not at the 0 cost of the old components I have. I have one more question while I wait for the omv-extras repo to be back on line: I just had a HD boot crash.. I created a new boot disk with version 2.1 so missing few important plugins: minidnla and transmission. Is there a way I can download those pluigins somewhere else? I have seen the links with …

• here are the permissions of the folders... after the new installation root@NAS106:/media# ls -al total 28 drwxr-xr-x 7 mastro users 4096 Oct 18 16:47 . drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 May 3 2015 .. drwxr-xr-x 8 mastro users 73 Jan 14 01:57 497065c1-1ce1-4f12-8ad3-0b110d69572a root@NAS106:/media# cd 497065c1-1ce1-4f12-8ad3-0b110d69572a/ root@NAS106:/media/497065c1-1ce1-4f12-8ad3-0b110d69572a# ls -al total 24 drwxr-xr-x 8 mastro users 73 Jan 14 01:57 . drwxr-xr-x 7 mastro users 4096 Oct 18 16:47 .. d…

• I have just reinstalled transmission from plugin web gui why do I have to give /media and /media/uuid executable permission for other? In any case I gave to that folders permission 777 and didn't work (chmod -R 777 /media/uuid/temp) on the other NAS I dnd't have to do this.. going to reconfigure transmisison and shared folders from scratch... and it is working now.. I didn't have to do anything special, simply reconfigured transmission and shared folders as done before... I am quite sure someth…

• I tried again changing permissions and creating the new group as you suggested, but nothing still same problem. You are right the picture I added was taken before executing the chmod -R 777 /media/uuid Source Code (10 lines) Good to know I can copy putty session to clipboard cleaned up everything using the command you suggested. to reinstall the plugin should i do it manually (apt-get install openmediavault-transmissionbt) or is better to use plugin installation from OMV web gui?

• it is a raid5 drive, 5 disks of 2T each xfs file system

• hi HK-47 I just noticed the permission for /media/uuid is currently still 776, same for all subfolders going to change it to 777... but in my first OMV NAS (where transmission is working fine) the /media/uuid permission is 776, so why is this working for one NAs and not for another? permission of settings.json is 600 I tried changing that to 777 but no luck see attached png file... I was not kidding when i said I run out of options... I believe there is something with one of the plugin files... …

• one more point... if I upload a torrent file to transmission using the transmission web gui ( I can use the media/uuid/Media/DNL proposed destination link or change it to media/uuid/temp/torrent, same outcome: starts downloading but then stops for permission denied... but I do not see any torrent fine in any one of my directories... where is the torrent file actually written?

• First of all tahnks for helping... I have done that already, but doing it again: torrent dir is showing the permissions or the folders after resetting the permission form OMV gui (clear all ACLs and R/W to everyone) as you can see there are 2 torrent files in the watch directory and are not renamed to .added, no download is started I tried as well changing owner of /media/uuid/temp and subfolder to mastro and permissions to 777 chown -R mastro /media/uuid/temp chmod -R 777 /media/uuid/temp resul…

• Hello Subzero79 I hope you can help solving the problem I am having with 1 of 3 OMV nas servers. all same configurations, but on the last one I can't use transmission. Have tried everything as written below: shared folder has correct permissions (user Mastro, users) watch directory is /media/UUID/temp/torrent incomplete directory is /media/UUID/temp/dnl I have manually edited the /etc/debian-transmission/settings.json and permission of /etc/debian-transmission is 664 as you suggested when I copy…

• transmission web gui error

mastro59 - - Plugins

neve mind... firefox problem

• transmission web gui error

mastro59 - - Plugins

on 2 system I get same error from this morning: 400 Bad request. OMV web gui is working fine, only transmission web gui (ipaddress:9091) give me this error. I did some upgrades yesterday.How can i fix this? thanks

• minidlna can't access media file

mastro59 - - Plugins

I have 2 OMV nas working fine at home. I needed few days ago to enable the minidlna on the second server as well... no way to make it work, The 2 NAS are almost identical, configured same way, but on the second one I was not able to see any media file, no error, no problems reported anywhere.. the rescan option was not giving any result. Searching on Internet I found a way to restart minidlna manually: service minidlna force-reload and then I was able to see the problem: Media directory "media/.…

• solved...ù the problem was caused by the conncetion to the gateway router which was not passing the DNS address to the switch/router I was connected to. Connecting directly the NAS server to the main modem router (Vodafone station is the bad beast!!. In this way I was able to complete the initial installation so the procedure is: download and install OMV 1.0.20 iso (the 64 bit version worked well for me, the 32 didn't) If possible chose DHCP network configuration. later on you can use the comman…