Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

• Thank you. It sounds as if I would be able to use UnionFilesystems and SnapRAID; can they work together? Good idea re: the data drives - do you mean simply yank out the SATA cables so that there's no risk of installing on the wrong ones or similar mistakes? I hadn't realised that there was a stable 4.x release. I'm not against it in principle but I'm keen to have the option of running a Docker plugin, and on comparing the two it looks as if that plugin is only available for 3.x. Generally I stay…

• OK, thank you for pointing that out, that would complicate things! Are there any other solutions would enable me to do the following: - pool available storage so that it appears through samba shares as a single filesystem? - keep multiple copies of files so there are always two physical copies the event of hardware failure? I'd still welcome any feedback others might have on q2 in my original post, or on the workflow for the upgrade and whether I am missing anything obvious. In edited form, this…

• I have decided to upgrade from OMV2 to OMV3, after using 2 for a couple of years. So far as I understand it from reading other posts, it's best to do a clean install. My OMV2 NAS runs as a headless home server, running on an old desktop PC box with more storage added. It has an AMD64 processor, 120GB SSD, 8GB RAM, hard disks pooled using Greyhole, and Plex/PlexPy. I'm happy to send more specific hardware info if needed. I don't currently have the money for hardware upgrades, and as far as possib…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Hello all, when I try to download a Docker image from the default repo, at some point during the pull process I get the following message (often even though some of the stages appear to have worked: Error #0: exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(…

• File system encryption

bmhj2 - - General

This is a 'thinking aloud' post to see what would be involved in encrypting file systems in place. Currently have the following setup: - 3 internal HDD and 2 external HDD, pooled with Greyhole (let's refer to them as B, C, D, E and F) - the Greyhole SQL database is stored on an SSD (same disk, different partition to the OMV installation, let's refer to that as A) - nothing is encrypted at present - before implementing Greyhole, the SMB shares served up by Greyhole were all originally located on …

• Cloning partitions using Clonezilla

bmhj2 - - General

Thank you!

bmhj2 - - General

Great - thank you. The reason I ask is because obviously I want to keep the system partition, but also to keep the SQL database on the second partition, because that is where Greyhole stores its data, etc. From what you're saying it sounds as if I could restore all of that from the image without any difficulties were the SSD to fail or similar, provided the new SSD were of an equivalent or larger size. Have I understood that right? (In fact, does restoring to a new SSD mean you have to restore t…

bmhj2 - - General

My NAS has an SSD system disk left over from when it was a Windows desktop. The SSD is 120GB and therefore I've turned it into two partitions: one for the system drive and one which is a non-system partition for mySQL, Plex, and so on. Question: if I use Clonezilla to back up the disk, it saves both partitions. When Clonezilla restores an image to a disk, does it restore the partition structure as well? How does it handle the restoration of an image containing more than one partition? Thanks!

• mySQL/Greyhole problems

bmhj2 - - General

Ignore these two posts, thanks. I've managed to fix it by restoring from an image. Thank goodness for Clonezilla.

bmhj2 - - General

Just also to update: the samba shares that Greyhole serves up are still working fine - I can access and open the various files on all of them from a Windows laptop connecting to the server. I have no idea whether that alters the potential fixes to the problem described above.

bmhj2 - - General

I recently tried to get Greyhole to add an extra set of physical copies of the files in one of my shares. This maxed out my hard disk capacity and so I decided to go back on it and restore the number of copies to what it was previously. Following a reboot, I have run into some mySQL problems - screenshot attached of the Greyhole logs page and the dashboard. mySQL, Plex and Greyhole are not working and I appear to have lost the ability to use all three. I have a system image taken a week or two a…

• Nice one - that solved it. Thank you.

• Yes, that's pointing to the right location.

• Ownership of the files and folders in the new location appears to be correct: owner/group are listed as mysql/mysql. The mysql.log file is blank - nothing in it.

• Yes, they appear to have copied over - checked that already.

• Here you go - looks as it did before to me...

• I've rebooted now; MySQL is running and Greyhole appears to be behaving itself as well - both the indicators are green. Still getting the error as per screenshot when I try and log in via MySQL management site. Current load average is extremely high, though, as per second shot - not sure whether that's related.

• Thank you - I can no longer get in via the SQL management panel - is that as expected?

• Thanks. Is it possible/sensible to move the mySQL folder, then? (I went to Shared Folders and tried to alter the location of the MySQL folder there but it said this would not move the files and I would need to do that myself, at which point I decided not to mess around yet...) I have recently repartitioned the (120GB) SSD that previously was only the system drive and contained a lot of wasted space. Ideally I would like the mySQL databases on that drive, but I'm being a bit circumspect because I…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yep, very easy. Decide where you want it - ie /media/long_uuid/mysql Stop the service - service mysql stop Make the directory - mkdir -p /media/long_uuid/mysql Change the owner - chown mysql:mysql /media/long_uuid/mysql Then copy all files to that location - cp -rfvp /var/lib/mysql/* /media/long_uuid/mysql/ Add datadir = /media/long_uuid/mysql to the extra options box in the plugin. Save and apply. That's it. ” Will these steps work OK without making any alterations to th…