Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 755.

• It was straight dd with source, and destination only.

• Just saying that it does not work is not enough information to get any meaningful help. You need to describe how your file systems are structured, specifically what directories exist on each drive and what the destination of the write was when it did not work as you expected.

• log/details font color

gderf - - General

Only quick workaround I can think of is to select all the text, copy it to the clipboard and paste it into a new document. It's readable there.

• log/details font color

gderf - - General

You may want to modify the thread Subject to say that this is about the Docker Plugin logs.

• Quote from ixaff: “I'm stuck running OMV off of USB due to hardware restrictions. I'm sure there are also lots of people that would love to keep using their OS-USBs and have access to Docker at the same time. Any chance you guys willing to take the time to turn this into a guide? ” What is preventing you from using Docker when running OMV from USB?

• Cron and rsync - not excluding folders

gderf - - General

Quote from copytco: “Ok, but as far as I know cron scripts have "#!/bin/bash" line added at the very beginning. Is OMV also adding it when creating a cron job via the OMV site? ” OMV's System | Scheduled Jobs menu item does not create "cron scripts." It makes one line entries in the crontab of the root account.

• Upgrade ?

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from johnism: “ Now is there a way to back up my shares so after the install , I could then import the config that and plug the drives back in and be good ? ” No. There is no way to convert a fresh install into something that looks and behaves like a previous install by importing files from the old install. You will have to configure it all by hand from scratch. If you keep a copy of the old config.xml file you can refer to it while you configure your new install. Having screenshots of the…

• Sonarr Alternative?

gderf - - Plugins

Sickbeard or Sickrage. But there is no Sickrage plugin for OMV 3.x, and none for either in OMV 4.x. Have you considered running Sonarr in a docker? They probably keep that more current with respect to dependencies such as Mono.

• Backup Entire OMV

gderf - - General

Quote from therock003: “Im just not familiar with the way clonezilla works. Does it create an image file of the whole contents as an output, or does it perform a direct copy/transfer between source and target? ” Clonezilla can do both. And so can dd.

• Plex Pass on OMV4

gderf - - Plugins

I think you missed the distinction. There is no Plex Pass version and non Plex Pass version of PMS. There is only one version of the software. The enhanced capabilities within the software that Plex Pass subscribers can make use of are switched on by virtue of your Plex Pass account status at Plex.tv. This is conveyed to the software when you log your PMS into Plex.tv.

• Backup Entire OMV

gderf - - General

Either you are not being crystal clear with your requirements or you do not understand what constitutes a full, complete, restorable, and bootable backup.

• I only uninstalled 3.x plugins that had no corresponding 4.x plugin. omv-extras and plex both have a 3.x and 4.x plugin, so I did not uninstall those from 3.x when upgrading to 4.x.

• I do not know whether FAT32 drives can be used with OMV or not. It's not something I would try to do here so I have no firsthand knowledge.

• Yes, SnapRaid and mergerfs get along just fine. Yes, unplugging the data cables will suffice. OMV 4.x is very stable for me, I have no serious showstopper problems with it. There are fewer plugins available in some areas of the software though. But you can use dockers or manual installs and manual configurations of available packages to get around this. I have done a mix of both here. I have upgraded from OMV 2.x to 3.x, and then 3.x to 4.x. There is no way I am going to be willing to do a fresh…

• I have no idea what the problem might be, but if the root user does not have write permissions on a drive, that's serious. Were these drives imported into your OMV or were they newly installed, and formatted within OMV?

• Plex Pass on OMV4

gderf - - Plugins

Plex Pass is two things. One is that Plex Pass subscribers have advanced access to new versions of Plex products. That is to say they pay a fee to Plex to become a beta tester of their software. Two is that within the software there are some additional capabilities that are switched on only for Plex Pass subscribers. Again, the fee you pay to Plex gets you something that is not available to non paying users. That's all Plex Pass means and is - earlier access to updates, and a few enhanced featur…

• Using the UnionFilesystems plugin, mergerfs is the only currently supported pooling solution. I use mergerfs to accomplish what you are looking for, but without using the plugin as I find it not flexible enough. I use SnapRAID here to provide some capability of recovering from a drive failure and unintentional file deletions. I don't use any type of traditional hardware or software RAID here. I don't see any problems with your workflow other than perhaps to disconnect your data drives before ins…

• I see the same thing. I think this only happens on systems that have no RAID configured, so it's a harmless warning, not an error. Do you have RAID disks or not?

• While what you did may have worked, your changes are vulnerable to being overwritten without any warning the next time PMS is upgraded. The Official Plex sanctioned method to do this is described here: forums.plex.tv/discussion/277724/moving-pms-library#latest I thought what is linked above is the way the plugin does this, but I do not know for sure. It's this way on my system.

• SSL connection to Docker container

gderf - - Plugins

You can only do what the container was specifically built to allow for. That's why I asked if you looked at the documentation for the specific Nextcloud container you are using.