Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

NAS_woody - - Plugins

Same issue here. Docker and gui are full functionable, but ist there a possibility to get rid of this message?

• OpenVPN Shares not visible

NAS_woody - - Plugins

oh... so maby you can recomend a simplier way for accessing the omv shares from an external connection? Use case: I want to work remote

NAS_woody - - Plugins

But what about the subnet? The home-network has these settings: 192.168.178.0 / 255.255.2550 but the vpn network has these: 10.8.0.0 / 255.255.255.0 Will the shares be visible?

NAS_woody - - Plugins

Hello, I've installed and configured the openVPN plugin, created a user and certificates, imported the client configuration to the openVPN-Client on my Laptop (Windows 10). I'm able to connecct to the omv openVPN-server, also i'm getting a valid IP (10.8.0.6). But I cannot see the network devices and my shares. Any tipps where I went wrong? Here's a screenshot of the configuration: Config-Screenshot Thanks in advance!

• Plex plugin no longer starting

NAS_woody - - Plugins

Just a hint, I installed a fresh OMV 3.0.59 system. When choosing between Plex as docker-image vs plex as omv-plugin I decided to install it via omv-plugin. Maybe it would be easier for you to manage plex via plugin then resolving the docker issues?

• Ok, so far so good... Everything worked fine. Eccept docker. The whole docker - thing is new for me, maybe someone can help: I've got a clean image of jessie where I want install NGINX (just for testing, I know there ist allready a NGINGX-image). I want this container to work as host in my network. So here is the docker part: (Hidden Content) and here the container (Hidden Content) But if I start the container, my router is not reporting any new host. So how do I find the IP and the right port f…

• Simple File / Photo explorer

NAS_woody - - General

Quote from Nibb31: “I tried Seafile. I found it slightly faster than Own/NextCloud, but it was also less flexible. Files are enrypted and stored in chunks, which makes them unreadable outside of Seafile, it lacked a proper photo gallery, and it couldn't connect to external sources. Nextcloud is pretty much the best IMO, but install, configuration, and updates are bit complicated. ” Thank you for the feedback! I'm currently installing my new System, then I'll go for nextcloud and skip Seafile!

NAS_woody - - General

I read an article (can't find it anymore) to some owncloud alternatives, they recommend seafile. Maybe it's worth a look...

NAS_woody - - General

I don't know pydio, but yes, after some internal team-problems some people from owncloud started an own company called nextcloud. I'd go for nextcloud.

NAS_woody - - General

Have you tried something like owncloud/nextcloud? It sounds to me like exactly your usecase... It is a "cloudservice" on your NAS with a webaccess and desktop/mac/android clients.

• OK, I think I've got all I need. Thank you for your support!

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It is kind of like Virtualbox but Docker is much lighter weight and isn't virtualization. It is a jail running on the OS using the host's kernel but has its own libraries allowing you to use different versions. ” Exactly what I need! Great! Why plex via Plugin? I mean in case of plex-updates I'll always need to wait untill the plex-plugin is updated, right?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't use owncloud so I'm not sure about that one. ” I was just wondering if I could mount that share from the virtualbox with the owncloud installation. But I'm pretty sure this is possible. This docker-thing, completely new to me. But if I understand it correctly its similiar to virtualbox, right? Is it a virtual machine running on my NAS?

• These are some nice thoughts .... do I understand you right, that means 3tb+++2tb+++2tb+++1tb+++1tb HDD0+HDD1+HDD2+HDD3+HDD4-------------> btrfs formated, unionfilesystem-------> used for several shares (owncloud, plex, pyload, and so on) 3tb HDD5-------------> btrfs formated-------> rsync backup for some specified shares mentioned above (the necessary files won't be more than 3tb) I like this setup. Would you recommend installing owncloud, plex and so on as application on the base system or via…

• - 2(RAID 1) drives for sensual data - owncloud, business stuff and so on... - 4(i think RAID 0) drives for usual home use, photos, plex, teamspeak and stuff like that how do you espacially seperate the file systems depending on their use?

• Yes, you allready informed me about this possibility in this thread. Well... Then I'll install it in a usb flash drive. Thanks for your support, I'll report the results when I'm done. One further question, I can't figure out what file system to go for, ZFS or Ext4... Recommendations?

• Hmmm... maybe i'm missing something. Let me start otherway round: on freeNAS I had to download the installer-image file, burn it on a CD (or a flash drive, for example with Universal USB Installer) and boot from it. The system itself would be installed on a different drive - flash or HDD. I assumed this would be the same with OMV... ?

• With "unpack" i mean getting the iso conent on the flash drive. Thank you very much!

• Hi guys, I want to switch from freeNAS to OMV and have some questions, maybe you can help? 1)I want to install the system itself on an external USB 3.0 HDD - As far as I know the system itself is loaded into RAM, so this option should be not a bottleneck for performance. Correct? - Procedure: download iso, unpack it to a flash drive, boot from flash drive and install to external HDD. Correct? 2)When should I connect the Data-HDD's, BEFORE or AFTER Installation? 3)Is it allready recommendable to …

• Quote from subzero79: “I have the same mb. That has an internal USB port for os. ” Woah! Never realized, you're right! Thanks for that one! Quote from subzero79: “ Do you really need mirror for boot os? ” Well, in this configuration if one stick fails the second one (hopefully) keeps working without any manual doing. You just need to replace the broken stick. What would be a better method?